Just recently got warlord...

Ler

Well, I've been collecting reaper figures for ages as some may already know, but I recently aquired a copy of the rulebook (first printing, but I downloaded the changes pdf for second printing). It's a real high quality book btw, very nice, looks nice on my shelf =P. Anyway, a couple of questions. Clarifications mostly.

1) From what I can see, you only need a warlord at 1500pts (as of 2nd printing), does that mean you can only have 1 unit of adepts of a particular type per 1500pts or is it still only per 1000pts? Or am I totally wrong? =P

2) Sergeants... well officers. Athak Crimson Knight for example isn't listed as unique, but he is "named". Does he basically count as a generic sergeant for the Necropolis faction? does this also apply to other officers from other factions with the same attributes?

The named bit is slightly confusing to me as I imagine a specific individual.

Does this also mean that conversions are also "legal" to represent these officers and such as well? I mean several of the exact same figure looks a bit sux in an army in my opinion. I think you may understand where I'm going with it.

3) All the archer units appear to have become adepts. =O =O =O So what do I do with my elves? =P They are mostly archers atm. Any advice?

Anyway, I imagine I'll have plenty more questions in the future so I hope you'll all have a little patience with me. =P I'm hoping to promote the game at my FLGS as I've missed a good fantasy skirmish game since Chronopia disappeared off the radar, and warlord figures are very sexy. =)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

1) From what I can see, you only need a warlord at 1500pts (as of 2nd printing), does that mean you can only have 1 unit of adepts of a particular type per 1500pts or is it still only per 1000pts? Or am I totally wrong? =P

You get the second set of adepts available at 2000 or often with certain warlord choices or sublists.

2) Sergeants... well officers. Athak Crimson Knight for example isn't listed as unique, but he is "named". Does he basically count as a generic sergeant for the Necropolis faction? does this also apply to other officers from other factions with the same attributes?

The named bit is slightly confusing to me as I imagine a specific individual.

Does this also mean that conversions are also "legal" to represent these officers and such as well? I mean several of the exact same figure looks a bit sux in an army in my opinion. I think you may understand where I'm going with it.

The name is unimportant as far as frequency. "Unigue" or not is what matters.

3) All the archer units appear to have become adepts. =O =O =O So what do I do with my elves? =P They are mostly archers atm. Any advice?

One big unit of archers and some speedbumps. ;)

Welcome!

You get the second set of adepts available at 2000 or often with certain warlord choices or sublists.

Another thing to point out about the adept rule. It is one troop of each type of adept. For example, a 1500 pt Crusader army could have Justicars, Knights, Hospitalers, and Ivy Crown Archers in it legally, as long as each type was only in one troop. Some other guys have gotten confused in the past thinking the rule meant only one troop with adepts, not one of each type, so I thought I should mention it.

Welcome to our little group. Once you start playing the game, you should easily attract others...

Castlebuilder

You can put multiple troop types in a troop as well.

Using CB's example.

0-1999 points:

Troop 1 w/ Ivy Crown Archers and Knights

Troop 2 w/ Justicars

Troop 3 w/ Hospitaliers

2000 points:

Troop 1 w/ Ivy Crown Archers and Knights

Troop 2 w/ Justicars and Hospitaliers

Troop 3 w/ Justicars and Hospitaliers

Troop 4 w/ Knights

As far as conversions. The answer is yes. I'll add a link to official conversion rules for the big 3 tourneys - Gen Con, Origins, Reaper Con. They're rather flexible.