Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

The Crown of Alice

THE CROWN OF ALICE - TURN 16

"I say!! The lot of you, stop bickering! Does anyone here possess the ability or knowledge to help this lad? I fear I am exhausted and have but two doses to spare. I am more than willing to use one or both to save his arm, but if others can help in my stead we may save these for later. I fear whatever we are caught up in has not yet ended. Please all, at the least give an answer. Can anyone help this lad?" Grolps looks at the group with no small amount of impatience.

"Contrariwise, I'm having a most difficult time sorting out this mess over here. This is so unlike my usual proficiency with these matters!" Tweedle Bob grumbles, a look of bewilderment firmly on his brow. "I wouldn't want my dear brothers new girl friend to have an elbow for a knee or a finger for a nose or some such nonsense!!" He gets back to work diligently, trying to fit the pieces of Sallah back together.

"My goodness, that doesn't go there!" Sallah takes a piece and her own repair kit out and frowns, concentrating on fixing herself up. "And I shouldn't say I'm your brother's girl, after all, he's hardly said anything besides that he likes the Custard, which really isn't Indicative of anything."

"Well, you are a girl and I should hope that we're all friends!!" Bob responds a tad irritably. "Besides, he DOES have a fondness for your custard and many a relationship has been based on less than that. Why I once knew of a couple who stayed together because one liked the way that the other trimmed their nails." He continues his rambling as he works on the pawn some more.

"Well I certainly can't help in healing or in repair since those things falls outside the fields of my knowledge, and trust me I know fields," Stan says with a smile. "Perhaps the White Rabbit can be of some help, or at the very least his housekeeper can shed some light on this whole mouse business."

"Very well then," Grolps concedes. "Percival, try a bit more of this."

"Thank you," Percival says and swallows the dose of potion. He looks at his injured arm to see if there is any change. He feels better (recovers 1 wound), but his arm is still in really bad shape.

Grolps frowns a bit. "That's a nasty one then, isn't it." Putting the last dose of the potion away, he pulls a larger bag from the other side of his jacket.

"Let's see then... A bandage..." he mutters, "Dr Hoppes Silver Polish and Cure-All Ointment... bone saw... scalpel... ahh yes and alcohol. Have a taste of this Percival," he says while placing the small flask of spirits in his good hand.

"May sting a bit. And the ointment is sure to burn for a little while too."

With that Grolps sets to treating and finally bandaging Percival's arm.

Percival takes the flask of spirits, looking at Grolps with a touch of a worried look after mention of the bone saw. "So long as my arm stays attached to my body, I appreciate the help," he takes a swig of the spirits, shudders slightly, and continues. "Though I must say someone should teach you how to buy good brandy."

In the next hour or so, wounds are treated, discussions are discussed, and then someone remembers that Mary Anne, as mentioned by the dying mouse, is the housekeeper for The White Rabbit, a person of some influence and importance. As a GM Fiat roars through the undergrowth, the heroes intrepidly decide to make for the Village of Animals and inquire of one or both of these individuals.

The journey takes some time, during which several of the heroes regain a good deal of lost strength. After a refreshingly uneventful trek, the heroes arrive at the Village of Animals under a pleasant mid-afternoon sky. The Village of Animals consists of a couple dozen neat houses with good country dignity about them. The population here is predominantly Anthros, many of whom are out leaning on their fences, idly chewing the fat with one another.

Dark clouds roll in as the Heroes approach. Welcome to Chapter 2.

Grolps - 3 bennies, 15/15 power points, 0 wounds

Sallah - 3 bennies, 15/15 power points, 0 wounds

Stan - 3 bennies, 0 wounds

Tweedle Bob - 3 bennies, 0 wounds

Tweedle Dan - 3 bennies, 0 wounds

Percival - 3 bennies, 0 wounds

GM – 6 bennies, 0 wounds

THE CROWN OF ALICE - TURN 17

"Quite a respectable village, what?" Grolps offers. "Ahem..." "Might I suggest we split into smaller groups? We should like to know if anything usual has happened lately. Perhaps the Tweedle might venture forward to learn about current events and missing white mouse? Stan and I might look into the location of The White Rabbit and Sallah and Percival could see into Mary Anne's recent past?"

"I think that's a great idea," says Percival, "though perhaps we should set a time to meet back together. After all we might run across some of those pesky cards." Percival moves next to Sallah. "Lets go find out about this Mary Anne."

"Two hours at the 'Claw and Bunny' there?" Grolps asks of the group, referring to the nearby inn they can all see. "If the cards do show their faces and seem to be looking for us, try to make it back to the others. If you have to engage them, do raise an alarm at the least."

"Of course Sir Grolps," Stan says smiling. "I'm betting that the White Rabbit will enjoy our company and can then of course hopefully satisfy some of these nagging questions as to what these most disagreeable cards are doing." Stan slings his gun around behind him stretching up towards the sun. What little sun there is left slips demurely behind the clouds

"That sounds like a fabulous plan to me! How about you dear brother?" Tweedle Bob says joyously. "I mean after all, we two are the best suited to gathering information. If there is a question that your brain doesn't see fit in having you ask, I'm sure that I will be able to come up with it! After all, I am a well of knowledge and you are a fountain of questions!!"

"A fountain, indeed", Tweedle Dan grumbles, "although usually most of my inquisitiveness stems from the illusion that I will, someday, be able to understand how that weird little brain of yours works. Now, whom should we better ask about a missing mouse? Let's pick an elderly Anthro; old guys are always eager to talk! Like our Grandpa Ted, bless his soul... He used to talk so much, even in his sleep, that he almost ended up buried alive one day that he had to stop prattling because of a sore throat..

"Ah, good old Grampa Ted. Now that was a fine Tweedle!! I remember him like the day after tomorrow!" Tweedle Bob says as he begins to move his gargantuan bulk down one of the quaint paths, "Remember how he used to contort his body like a pretzel just to scratch behind his ear with his big toe? He always said that the big toe was the best scratcher and Grandmother would always warn him that he'd get stuck that way one day and by golly he did!! My goodness it took the whole gardenfull of flowers to pull him apart that day and they wouldn't have succeeded either had that elephant ear palm not mosied by and scared the bejeepers out of Ted with it's trumpeting. He went through more pairs of trousers that way!"

(...at which point, once the GM can breathe again, awards Tweedle Bob another bennie.)

THE TWEEDLE:

"I don' know 'bout no missing mouse," (relates an old codger badger) "all the mice we got here are accounted for. Waitasec, you don't mean poor ol' Wainscotmouse? Him the cousin of the Dormouse up no'th? He passed through a week or so ago, lookin' for the White Rabbit, same as all them damn cards. Nope sorry, don't know any more 'bout him."

SALLAH and PERCIVAL:

"Mary Anne? Yeah, she's the housekeeper for the White Rabbit. She lives over there, that house 'cross from Jon Brown the owl o'er there." (the Dodo waves impatiently with his beak in the appropriate direction)

GROLPS and STAN:

"You're lookin' for the White Rabbit?" (wisecracking old stoat guffaws) "You and everyone else, fella. 'Es not been seen around these parts since the Queen of Hearts put a price on his head big enough to buy the left kidney of a Boojum. 'E lives over there though. 'is 'ousekeeper still lives there, maybe she could tell you something about 'im."

After a couple hours, The Heroes meet back at the Claw and Bunny to compare notes.

Grolps - 3 bennies, 15/15 power points, 0 wounds

Sallah - 3 bennies, 15/15 power points, 0 wounds

Stan - 3 bennies, 0 wounds

Tweedle Bob - 4 bennies, 0 wounds

Tweedle Dan - 3 bennies, 0 wounds

Percival - 3 bennies, 0 wounds

GM – 6 bennies, 0 wounds