Sign in to follow this  
Lady Tam

3rd ed game starting

All right, getting ready to fire up a 3rd ed game. I have four players for sure, would like a couple of more. six players would be fine, but can go up to 8 if there is enough interest. This will be a fantasy based game. Player's handbook races and classes only at this time. 1st level. Character made based on point buy. Everyone statrt with a 10 in each ability score. you get 25 points to spend, point cost is as follows.

1 point to 11                 6 pts to 15

2 points to 12                8 pts to 16

3 pts to 13                   11 pts to 17

4 pts to 14                   13 pts to 18

This is a modified version from the one found in the DMG as I am letting everyone start at 10, which is "average" instaed of at 8, like the book suggest.

books allowed:

Player's Handbook

Dungeon master's Guide

All the 3rd ed class books (Sword and Fist, Tome and Blood etc)

The Witche's handbook (by Green Ronin Press)

The Shaman's Handbook (By Green Ronin press)

Illusionism "Smoke and Mirrors" (Mongoose publishing)

Fey magic (mongoose publishing)

Star magic (mongoose publishing)

Gods from Players handbook, unless you are playing a non human character (elf, dwarf etc.) The use the  non-humans dieties listed in the Forgotten realms book Faith and Pantheon but only for the elves, gnomes, dwarves etc.

Will be playing in my own home grown world. Will be getting background info up soon. Hope to make postings simlialr to the ones being done in the Darakan Chronicles as it seems to work out really well.

That's it for now. You can rely here or PM if interested.

Lady Tam

Are there any restrictions on equipment/money?  

What level do we start at?

Just for your approval

Unnamed Dwarven Cleric

STR - 16

DEX - 14

CON - 12

INT - 10

WIS - 17

CHA - 10

Ben -1st level. First level money. Technically I don't want any master craft weapons at this time. (after all you ARE first level and just starting out.) Your Stats look good.

batrevlis - looks good. Finish him up with skills, and equipment. I am working on the world "history" and will get something up on that ASAP.

Nym & Coogle- I am working on your stuff tomorrow. (My day off. Pray for rain so I can't go plant flowers! Oh, never mind I want to go. that way I can look for more mushrooms!)

Lady Tam

My Character is completed cept for a name but I was wondering how will this be played, on line or via e-mail??  if online what day(s) and time.

On line, much like the Daraken Chronicles are done. Looking at a Monday, wed, friday type posting. That way those playing that live in different time zones will have a chance to reply and not feel rushed.

Lady Tam

LT:

You might want to think about shifting your postings by a day. Just so you don't have to spend Monday, Wednesday, and Friday strapped into the computer seat.

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday is a good one, and I do that for a lot of my RL stuff (thankfully, showering is still a daily-basis thing)

Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday is also nice.

Just trying to help keep another GM sane. (and you can PM me for ideas, I'm loaded with'm.

--lstormhammer, who seems to have started something here...

Lady Tam -

Do you have access to MS Excel?  I'm puting my character together, and it would just be easier to send you the spreadsheet if you can open it . . .

Hey guys, here's a useful program for making d20 characters. It creates them as html.. which is easily read.

Just download the three files at.. http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/

application (part 1, D20 compliant)

data (part 2, OGL compliant)

documentation (part 3, copyright by many doc monkeys!)

Unzipp them in the one folder.

Runs off the command line.. bit of a bummer

But you will need Java loaded to use it.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

go here if you don't have it.

about 12 meg all up, but it works really well.

Thanks to Froschmeister for putting me onto it.

Thanks to Code Monkey's for making it....

:D

Hey Lady Tam,

I haven't play online rpg games like this one b4 if you could fill me in a bit on how it works, or some one else that reads these message boards.  i really am interested in playing since it is hard to find gamers in the area.  Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Bat

Ps I will scan my Character sheet and e-mail it to the above address.

Check out the Darakan Chronicle and the Eldest Son one in the  playing area. (And the others too)It will run similar to that. I will make a post and everyone reacts. When it comes to combat you will post your action, then I reply, then your next action. (Combat takes awhile, but it is fun!) I figure at first it will be a trial and error thing as we all get used to it. Plus this is my first time running a game like this, so it will be a learning experince for me!

LT