Your fav list

dewen

Here's a 3000 pt Ritterlich list I was playing around with to try to get some use out of Integrated Doctrine faction SA

Armor Platoon

Rhino

Tiger w/ Accurized

Tiger w/ Accurized

Jaguar

Wolverine

Wolverine

Close Fire Support Platoon (Mortar)

Lynx w/ Improved Camo

Lynx w/ Improved Camo

Light Mortar w/ Chain Fire pod

Light Mortar w/ Chain Fire pod

Hvy Mortar w/ Chain Fire pod

Hvy Mortar w/ Chain Fire pod

Despot w/ Accurized

Despot w/ Accurized

Gee, Sarge. That list looks like alot of pain and suffering from above :wacko:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, when I got home from work I realized I screwed it up. The Despots don't have Accurized, not enough points. That's what I get for posting a list I don't have in front of me.

After seeing some people question the usefulness of the Integrated Tank Doctrine SA I thought I'd see what I could get out of it since I find that SA fairly interesting. My take on it, and I'm sure others have thier views, is that the two "bonus" tanks should be used to maximize the platoon they're supported by adding to the strengths of that platoon. So, you have a indirect fire platoon, add a Despot (1 DA for the occasion someone gets into LOS and 1 IA to contribute to the steel rain and integral chain fire). By giving all the mortars Chain Fire pod they can focus on one or multiple targets as METT-T dictates using one of the Heavy Mortars (FRS) as the "base gun". I may have to buy myself some mortars this weekend.....

With the armor platoon the Wolverines are a solid tank stat-wise (haven't actually played with them though, any comments here folk?) and would keep pace with the slower Rhino so he doesn't get left alone and add their shots to help take out targets close to the scrap pile.

The other thing I'd like to try is using the tanks to shore up the weaknesses of the supported platoon. So for an Armor platoon with CAVs, give them shredder or IA tanks, and give a platoon without DAs the more conventional type of tank. Give a slow platoon some hovertanks for flanking. That sort of thing. Only problem I see with that is that it then becomes tempting to use the platoon in a manner not consistent with it's base role.

Thanks to those who have posted lists.

This is really helping me get a feel for force and points distribution. I've read the beta rules many times, but it helps me to see examples like these.

I am afraid that my initial purchases will be inefficient on the tabletop, due to my lack of actual game experience. For example, my initial idea was to include a Sabertooth with my Armor platoon to act as an anti-aircraft and anti-soft unit. I'm a little concerned that I would be weakening my Armor platoon, when the better choice would be to field a seperate platoon focused on AA/ anti-soft.

I have to leave for third watch in a few minutes, but if I get time after shift in the morning I'll post my initial concept list. Maybe I can get some pointers from people with battle experience.

Thanks again for the example lists.

Don't worry 'bout it. I did the same thing with my first purchase. It's still fun to play with 'em. Besides a RAV 3 still only has to roll a 7 to hit anything with DV 10 regardless of the model type. Have to get lucky with the higher DV targets, but still effective if you target the damaged models and smaller units.

and dont forget that Sabretooth has linked/2, which means that if either of those RAV3 shots miss, they get to reroll.

4 rolls at RAV 3 is better than two rolls at RAV 4. Course throw and accurized on there and it gets 4 rolls at RAV 4 (again if you miss on the first set).

And shredder works great against ANYTHING SOFT, not just planes.

Nope those kitties can be very affective for only 235 points.