Lady Pally

Angorak

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very nice. I really like the colors. If I can pick your brain, how did you do the armor, and what technique do you use to get such clean, black lines? When I try to outline stuff, I have typically just used a black wash and then tried to clean up excess paint with base colors. Sometimes this turns out okay, but often the lines don't turn out very clean and linear.

Well....Although I primer white typically I always paint all armor surfaces black before applying the NMM color I've chosen. I find that it is easier to cut in the armor leaving as thin a "blackline" as possible. I have to say that this might not be the easiest way for some people because I have a real steady hand(when not imbibing massive amounts of coffee). If I get any places that the numerous blends of armor have obscured the blackline I simply pull out my trusty 000 W&N series 7 and touch it up.

Yeah the hair didn't come out well in the photo..it is much better in real life...I tried several times to balance the color with PS7 but I didn't have any luck..I'm not that familier with all the nuances of the program. I might try using a neutral(gray) colored backdrop and retake the photo. hopefully it won't mess with the armor colors.

ah yes, I see Unkie 'hammer is back!!! ha ha

great mini, I have this one myself & it has a wonderful grey primer coat on her, but alas I haven't done anything with her.

love the edges on the tabard, great work, as well as the armor & hair as well

RM