Rackham AT-43 Starter

Nanite

Most of the AT-43 minis are cool looking, but I'm not sure about the rules. I think I'll get some of the minis to to stat out for the No Limits rules system. They're getting to be cheap enough to make them worth including them in my minis collection.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the AT-43 minis are cool looking, but I'm not sure about the rules. I think I'll get some of the minis to to stat out for the No Limits rules system. They're getting to be cheap enough to make them worth including them in my minis collection.

I really like the rule system. Better than 40K, anyways. Simple, yet allow for some decent tactics. I like the fact that shooting is very important, and the only units that have decent close combat are units optimized for it - shock troop types.

I really like the rule system. Better than 40K, anyways. Simple, yet allow for some decent tactics. I like the fact that shooting is very important, and the only units that have decent close combat are units optimized for it - shock troop types.

Do you play this Sethoman? If so maybe you can give me a quick walkthru next time we get together for CAV. I hope to get a date for May in the next few days by the way.

It's a much cleaner rule set than 40k. It took me a while to get zones of fire and cover down, but once that's under your belt the game plays quick-and-deadly. I like the Way that Leadership points are spent to get your troops to do things instead of high leadership just being an excuse to not run away. And the fact that shooting is where a vast majority of the game's casualties are caused was the ultimate selling point for me.

I've been looking into the game and it is a pretty good system. Definitely more enjoyable than 40K. The new Army Boxes for Red Blok and the newest faction, the Cogs, are due out in June and provide a player with a 2000pt battle-ready-straight-from-the-box for an amazing $70! Can't do that with 40K :blink:

I was just saying the other day that with GW's impending price increase, the fully painted troop boxes from Rackham are getting downright cheap. My favorite example was the Tac Arms for the UNA that works out to $10 per model fully painted. GW currently charges $10 for an equivalently sized Terminator unaseembled, and prices are going up between 3 and 10% in June, according to the FLGS.

I was just saying the other day that with GW's impending price increase, the fully painted troop boxes from Rackham are getting downright cheap. My favorite example was the Tac Arms for the UNA that works out to $10 per model fully painted. GW currently charges $10 for an equivalently sized Terminator unaseembled, and prices are going up between 3 and 10% in June, according to the FLGS.

Right now AT-43 is even cheaper online. You can get a box of 3 TacArms for about $10, in fact most level 3 Infantry(power armor) Unit Boxes are selling for that. Rackham is working hard to draw new players in, while Games Workshop is doing its best to drive them away. Go figure :wacko:

The Warstore's prices for older AT-43 boxes right now are downright ridiculous. I'm resisting picking up a 2nd Baal Golgoth for $22. It's a great time to get started, though. You could pick up a 2000 point army for under $100 if you plan properly.

The Warstore's prices for older AT-43 boxes right now are downright ridiculous. I'm resisting picking up a 2nd Baal Golgoth for $22. It's a great time to get started, though. You could pick up a 2000 point army for under $100 if you plan properly.

Went to Miniature Market and picked up a 2000 pt U.N.A. army + U.N.A. army book + U.N.A. TAC template for $116.49. I got the 2 most recent U.N.A. striders, a Fire Crawler & Defender Cobra M8 along with 3 infantry unit boxes. Shipping was free.