Reaper Summer Exchange - 2524

tzor

189053408.jpg

My photograph does not do this mini justice. She's a knock them dead drow (you know maces tend to do that to people) mounted on an equally fantastic base. The leaves! The details! The flesh tones! The hair! The well the everything, it's all great!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that was fast!

I didn't think it would get there that quickly...

I'm glad you like her Tzor, she was a fun one to paint.

As for the photos, it's a tough one to photograph. My first attempts didn't even register the red in her skirt. It's a very dark mini. I finally had to take her outside into sunlight to photograph.

Those leaves are thanks to the Birch Tree seed seperator tip from a few months back...love those seed pods!

I can try to post some of my pics once work lets up a bit and I find time to use the photoshop on my work machine.

I'm really glad she found a good home!

Thanks

AWhang

Yes I am going to try to photograph it better this weekend. I am a very happy camper. The quality, the details, and the really tiny nature of the mini just doesn't show off well on the first photograph, but it's something one would easily find surviving a round or two in a competition. It's really that good.

great face on her. can you get even a more zoom on the eyes?

This is a close-up of a set that I took prior to shipping.

post-896-1159456847.jpg

I tried for red eyes...I read somewhere (wikipedia?) that the drow typically have red eyes...they must cry an awful lot :;):

Thanks

AWhang

I tried for red eyes...I read somewhere (wikipedia?) that the drow typically have red eyes...they must cry an awful lot :;):

I thought it just that their eyes weren't used to flash photography when the artists come along and take their pictures. ::P:

Sign up like 20 times, Jas. It'll be like stuffing the ballot box. Unfortunately, that means you'd also have to paint 20 figs for the exchange (probably some even for yourself)... and you still wouldn't be guaranteed to have him draw your name. ;)

I've always liked this figure; she makes a classic cleric of Lloth for a D&D game. Very nice treatment on her, awong.

~v

I've always liked this figure; she makes a classic cleric of Lloth for a D&D game. Very nice treatment on her, awong.

~v

Thanks everyone!

I'm glad you all like her. That's always the toughest part about painting for someone else.

Speaking of eyes, a recent issue of Figure International had a one page tips page on just painting eyes. The magazine mainly focuses on 54mm and up figures but I always see a Mini or two in the "reader submitted" section and they regularly feature new Minis by a certain French Company. Anyways, Squadron happened to have some back issues on sale (they may still be).

The next xchange is happening too soon for me, my work schedule is killing me these days. Hope to see you all on the next one though! ::):

Thanks again!

AWhang