My first pot of flesh shading was bought in the blister pack and it was greenish, I had a spill somewhere along the line and bought another after the shop had changed it too the paint rack and it is the brown shade.  Maybe the first batches were greenish but were changed later for whatever reason.  I do miss the greenish tint though, it was perfect for my skeletons.
My first pot of flesh shading was bought in the blister pack and it was greenish, I had a spill somewhere along the line and bought another after the shop had changed it too the paint rack and it is the brown shade.  Maybe the first batches were greenish but were changed later for whatever reason.  I do miss the greenish tint though, it was perfect for my skeletons.

Are you sure the greenish one wasn't the wood shade one? Those 2 are quite alike, but both do there jobs great!!!

Randy M

Just to add to a dead conversation, I've had some interesting results with using *both*.

Base of Vallejo "Medium Flesh", wash of the GW Flesh, followed by a wash with Reaper Flesh.  A little bit of drybrushing of Medium Flesh overtop of the whole thing...and it looks nice.  Very dramatic shadows, nice shading.

John C

Just to add to a dead conversation, I've had some interesting results with using *both*.

Base of Vallejo "Medium Flesh", wash of the GW Flesh, followed by a wash with Reaper Flesh.  A little bit of drybrushing of Medium Flesh overtop of the whole thing...and it looks nice.  Very dramatic shadows, nice shading.

John C

If you have any pics, please show us.

i like GW flesh wash but, prefer chestnut + brown ink. i think the GW flesh wash is more suited to "cooler" colors. if added to GW flesh tones, it looks too blue; especially for light  shading.

i havent tried reaper's

...yet