Alaine, Female Paladin: 2725

rex_lyver

Here is the Summer Exchange figure I painted for Dane.

I wasn't in love with the sword she came with so I swapped it out for a GW plastic spear. While the spear may not be fit her paladin class, I think it works for the model.

I want to thank Erin (CuteButPsycho) for organizing the Summer Exchange. I've been away from painting ever since my own full-scale miniature arrived in April ::D: - the exchange helped me get back into the swing of things.

Comments/suggestions welcome

Rex

reaperdhlalainefemalepaladin2725bpi7.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 30mm round lipped base. They are produced by a handful of companies (including Warmachine), but if you like them and want to get a pile, think about direct-ordering them from Jeff Valent Studios; 50 of them for $7.50 is pretty hard to beat. Even with the shipping, it is still a better price than you will get on them from most other places. I like them; they seem to give a certain amount of "class" to a figure. It's almost like a tiny display base. I have a number of my favorite Reaper minis (and other manufacturers as well) mounted on 30 and 40mm round lipped bases like these.

Back on topic to the mini, this is gorgeous work, Rex. While the spear might not be a paladin's first choice for a weapon, who says she has to be a paladin? The conversion is excellent, and you've given her a great look. Bravo. Dane, you are one lucky dog. ;)

~v

While the spear might not be a paladin's first choice for a weapon, who says she has to be a paladin?

…and who says she has to follow convention? A spear may not be the first choice for a paladin, it could an interesting take on the class. ‘Course paladins do have to be lawful, so maybe following convention is kinda’ their thing. :)

Regardless, this is beautiful mini. The subtle colors in the flesh tones work toward capturing the translucent quality of real skin. Her eyes and red hair are both really well done. The NMM is convincing, and the conversion is seamless.

Congratulations to both Rex and Dane!

Here is the Summer Exchange figure I painted for Dane.

I wasn't in love with the sword she came with so I swapped it out for a GW plastic spear. While the spear may not be fit her paladin class, I think it works for the model.

I want to thank Erin (CuteButPsycho) for organizing the Summer Exchange. I've been away from painting ever since my own full-scale miniature arrived in April ::D: - the exchange helped me get back into the swing of things.

Comments/suggestions welcome

Rex

reaperdhlalainefemalepaladin2725bpi7.jpg

Very nice paint job. The armor looks good but there is something about the face. It just looks a little off. Very nice though. This is a tough one to paint.

Very nice paint job. The armor looks good but there is something about the face. It just looks a little off. Very nice though. This is a tough one to paint.
What she said plus...

The sharp angles on the face make the figure look like a crossdresser. An angular face is normaly the tip off that the person in a dress is actually a guy. Females have smoother angles to their faces.

The spear looks thick enough to do double duty as a lance.