No orange ink?

TKD

How come Reaper does not have an Orange Ink? I need Orange Ink, but Reaper does not seem to have it available. I would rather give my FLGS business in Pro Paints than GW (especially because it is more ink for a lower price), but for Orange I might have to go GW.

Are there plans for more inks?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Far be it from me to recommend a non-Reaper product, but since we don't make one, I strongly recommend Winsor & Newton inks.  You can usually find or order an eight-pack of them from Michael's craft stores for $20-$25 and it gives you all the basic colors, including the Nut Brown that I'm fanatical about (now if I can just get Reaper to make an equivalent!).

--Anne

The only ink I've bought from Reaper than I find useful is Wood Shading.  I also have green, blue and red and they are all too bright.  I thought inks were used for shading, darkening?  Though I can see using them as a wash to add a lil bit o color to something, like giving a blade a magic blue glow.

Have to try that now.

Though I can see using them as a wash to add a lil bit o color to something, like giving a blade a magic blue glow.

Have to try that now.

The term for that (as far as I know) is "glazing". That is primarily what I use inks for, actually, with Magic Washing coming in second. I prefer paint-and-water washes to ink washes.