Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Dungeon Magazine--Savage Tide Adventure Path Play by Post

No worries Ben, as I'll be out of town over on the Oregon Coast & I'll away from my computer the entire time, starting this Friday.

I've been looking forward to getting back over on that side of the state since my wife & I decided to use our stimulus check for this, even more so then my RCon trip this year.

RM

Ok, last post before I leave tomorrow, but if anyone posts anything I'll try & get something up for everyone. We're leaving in the morning & I work tonight, so who knows.

thanks

RM

Just in case Arwin's hafforkish butchery of the common tongue has anybody baffled, here's some online help. >> HERE, and HERE

BTW, what do the other PCs look like? I read through the game, but there isn't much physical description there.

As for Anny, she's like her picture ... tawnygreen.. young lady woman, black hair, pale green eyes, just under six feet tall, weighs ten *cough* or maybe twelve stone, but she wears it well.

I'm back

will get a update post for everyone tomorrow sometime.

Spike as far as looks I'm not really sure really. I know Vieta is a Jack Sparrow looking person, but everyone else I don't have a clear picture in my head of.

RM

Quick little thing about Tolan:

A dark, brooding young man, Tolan stands at 6’1” with sandy brown hair and a sallow complexion. His dark blue eyes seem to have a faint red tinge to them most of the time and he seems to be able to find his way in dark corridors more easily than most. Perhaps this is part of what he learned in the dark alleys of Shadowshore, or perhaps there is more to him than he lets on. His clothing is somewhat ragged, merely a faded, filth covered blue tunic and muddy brown pants. His boots are soft leather and make barely a sound as he moves about a room. At his waist is a small, light mace and a light crossbow hangs from his back, ready to be whipped out at a moment’s notice. If he seems a bit jumpy, it is more likely due to his life in Shadowshore than any paranoia he may feel. His eyes constantly dart about a room, while he never leaves his back open to anyone. When his ire is raised, a faint crackling can be heard around him and his right hand tends to drip sparks.

sorry for the delay in posting. I had some net problems with some new net security software that made coming here unbearable (timeouts, refreshes, etc etc). Switched to something different & everything is back to normal. I'll get a post in later tonight.

RM

Yay! Glad to have you back, and I hope your vacation was a fun and/or restful one.

I've not heard from Unglef in a week, so I'm guessing he's still out on the road.

Posting right now ( I have two tabs open, ha ha)

I'll probably proxy's Ungelf for this post, if needed, as Ben did say to if needed.

As far as vacation, yup it was fun, the time went by slow sorta (ie vacation time didn't speed by & back home). Love that side of the state!

RM

EDIT- Post is up!!!

BTW, Spike, damn you made me get out my PoTC3 soundtrack to post, ha ha!!

Love the in-character stuff!!

I'm back for now, but will be leaving again (ARRRGH!!!) next freakin' week. Thanks for continuing to drag my delinquent butt along.

My schedule should continue to be chaotic for another month or so. At least I'm being paid well.

Believe me..Anny's normally a better climber, but she seems to be rather laiden down with gear. Maybe she should've dropped off her laundry at the cleaners and perhaps stopped by the nearest branch of Bank Of Sasserine and depostied some of that loot...and maybe left behind a few other essentials at her place.

Here's the part where she plies that unique hafforc charm, bats her eyelashes and says to whomever... "You're cute. Would you carry my school books for me?"

So yah got any breakables on yah?tease.gif

If so go ahead a make some saves those vs crushing damage.

(btw I didn't think anyone fail that one!!)

Spike

I forgot I had your sheet online & I didn't see any breakables so everything on you is fine. you just took falling damage (could have been worse thou 3d10, but you made it down 10 feet before slipping so it was only 2d10 & came out as a 12). Thou having 9 hps & such.

Also here is how I do negative damage before dieing on PCs

You have a negative threshold the same as 10 + or - your CON score modifier. So in your case you have up to -10 (10 + 0). Every round, you roll 1d10, if you roll your negative hp #, you stop bleeding, if not you continue to bleed until you reach that last number. Once you reach, your dead & gone (well other then raise dead or rez of course, but I like having characters brought back to life are a bit harder, so those spells are bit harder to come by then regular D&D rules).

According to my book, unless the character rolls worse than -4 the DC, he/she makes no progress, but does not fall. (3.5 PHB - p.69). Being that the DC was only 5, there was no way she could fall, but it took another roll to get her down.

Check: With a successful Climb check, you can advance up, down, or across a slope, a wall, or some other steep incline (or even a ceiling with handholds) at one-quarter your normal speed. A slope is considered to be any incline at an angle measuring less than 60 degrees; a wall is any incline at an angle measuring 60 degrees or more.

A Climb check that fails by 4 or less means that you make no progress, and one that fails by 5 or more means that you fall from whatever height you have already attained.