Dungeon Magazine--Savage Tide Adventure Path Play by Post

haldir

Hey Spike, everyone

yah everything is ok. The last few days I've been battling a nagging headache & over the last week the lingering effects of a head cold. Sorry for the sudden break as the pace was really going well. Hopefully I can get something up tomorrow for everyone. I'll try to get it in when I get home tomorrow (best time for me to post anything, as I'm still alert & awake).

RM

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I started to post but I forgot to ask before combat began, but where is everyone? I know that Heleger is in the room (say 2 squares away from the door, a bit out from the door). Anny is barely in the room (say either in front of the door or next to it. Where is everyone else?

LMK where everyone is & I'll finish the update

thanks

RM

hey guys

I will have a update tomorrow for everyone, I promise that.

I haven't been the mood to "game" lately & it has effected my pbp games, that & I'm finally over that damn cold I had (80 degrees in the day here & I have/had a freakin cold!!!).

I also downloaded & printed off a 1 inch graph so that'll help me as well with the post (yeah I get to play with minis, ha ha).

Anyways, thanks for hanging in there everyone.

RM

FINALLY!!! ( & with 21 minutes to spare today, ha ha). My hours at work have been changed drastically now (instead of me going in at 10 pm, I go in at 3 am now, WTH??). Anyways, finally got the update with the Round #1 of combat.

Some notes

Spike, When I drew the map I noted it's be easier for me to start with the top rop of the passageway as A, next half, B & so on. Then I counted out the sqaures as 1,2,3 etc etc. So the doorway that you & Heleger came out of is in B3. You said C7, which I interperted as being in the second half (B) of the passage & then when I reversed the #7 to #1, that puts you by the double doors on the left side. (If I'd put in #7, you'd be right with the zombies). Are you ok with that?

Also the view of Room "P2" is just that a glance you see when you get over to the doorway, then the zombies showed up & attacked. Sneaky fellows that they are.

Unglef, Unless you can do 2 AoO, you can only do 1 on the one by the doorway or the one that is trying the grapple. (Also, Spike do you know if Ben is out for a month now? If so I'll post his reactions)

I hope we can get this thing rolling again, kinda getting that gaming feeling back again. Met up with a guy at my "game" store (actually a trading card shop that can get WoTC books) that plays 3.5 D&D, so there might be hope after all for a sit down D&D game!!! Wahooooo!!

RM

I didn't know you drew a different map actually I was going by the map you posted in the game....which was why I did the map page, since nobody knows how the squares are numbered. Actually I'm still not sure how you've got them numbered. Could you just scan a pic of your version of the map for us?

(edit)

Updated my map with Anny positioned ...AND added the map discreetly to my forum signature. Click the little "m" next to the Gragg banner.

Spike

Your almost correct, move her over one square to the left & she'll be where I thought she was. Thou I'll edit the post & move her over 1, you still can see the other room due to your darkvision & such. Like I said, you started to look through & then the moans & groans of the undead critters turned your attention away from it.

Like I said, I broke the 2 rows of squares that form the hallway down into A & B, like this

A

B

the each square was numbered so it would like this

A1-A2-A3-etc etc all the way to A7

B1-B2-B3-etc etc all the way to B7

The door that Heleger bashed down would be in B3, where the 2 sets of doubles doors on the map are A1/B1 & A7/B7

The way I did the guys in the passage was I just counted each square as a new letter row, so Yarrin being at the door would be C3, Vieta behind him would be D3, Tolan at D4 due to he is in the same row as Vieta, just 1 square to the right of him. I used the same numbering grid as the main long passage where the zombie things, you & Heleger are at right now.

Make sense?

All I did for my map was print off a 1 square per inch grid using Graph paper site & then I just drew the passageway & the snake-like passage on it. Nothing special. It just helps me visualize the battle more, as I can slap minis down of everything, (which btw I used Kiakara to represent Anny, ::D: )

Okay good to know. I just noticed that you were asking me for a spot check and had me posted looking into that other room. Also when you say the zombies rushed at her, I was not sure if that meant they were in melee combat now...so I'm guessing they're charging, but not there yet?

Anyway, I'll post my shot without point-blank modifier.

The spot is more or less just a glance & then the critters attack. You turn your attention towards them. (more or less pre-combat stuff, but enough that it was in the round of combat, ie it won't affect your combat, like no modifiers or anything like that)

& yes the zombie things have attacked by the time you do your actions due to your last in the round.

RM

Not yet I think we are still open for Rd 2, thou if it's Vieta, I'll skip him or do a action for him (not sure where Vinny is, as he is usually prompt in his actions).

Ok Round #3 has started. I went ahead & did Vieta's action for round #2

Clarification--the new group of zombie-things (there is 3, (they will be labeled #4, #5 & #6. Only 2 are or will be at the door behind Anny. Who knows where #6 went too.) They move the same speed as a normal 30'/round creature, but they won't attack until 5 in the order, so Anny you can do actions to avoid them @ your 7, thou Mr #3 might take offense to that)

RM