Sign in to follow this  
wildbill

Where have all the tourneys gone?

I remember earlier this year how Wichita and Dallas would hold tournaments every 4-8 weeks, depending on demand. Here the last couple of months I don't think I have heard anything out of Wichita with regards to...anything! ::o:

And I know that one of the stores closed in Dallas. Has all of the tournaments dried up in those areas? I know I am having one here at the end of October (shameless plug! :bday::lol: ) and I have been getting the bug to go traveling to a tournament again. :upside:

Now, with that being said, I have the month of October already spoken for. But, November and December... :B):

Wild Bill :blues:

I'm in Philly and there are only two players within 50 miles of me. No tourney's 'round here. Hopefully Warlord may gain a foothold in the region, but thus far, even helping my local Black Lightning rep run demos, interest just doesn't seem to be there.

The mention of stores closing in your post doesn't bode well for any gaming. I hope that game stores don't become a thing of the past.

There is a tourney every single month here in Denton! The last Saturday of every month is a Warlord tourney at The Asylum. That's even closer for you than the place that closed! ::P:

Seriously? Are they posted somewhere online or just locally at the store? I would love to be able to play at the Asylum!! Of course it figures that your tourney in October coincides with mine... :angry:

I'm in Philly and there are only two players within 50 miles of me. No tourney's 'round here. Hopefully Warlord may gain a foothold in the region, but thus far, even helping my local Black Lightning rep run demos, interest just doesn't seem to be there.

The mention of stores closing in your post doesn't bode well for any gaming. I hope that game stores don't become a thing of the past.

I Live in the Dover and i know at least four other players here. The others didn't sign up though.

Just didn't want you to think there were only two of players in pa.

I do agree we don't have many tourtaments up here.

WB,

Don't forget the currently planned for first weekend in November. We need to resurrect that thread again and get more people involved.

What would do it people? Prize support? Great terrain to battle on? Just the knowledge of who else will be there? What is it that will get you to go to a tourney (not including the time and distance excuses)?

Trust me, I haven't forgotten about that tournament, Stubb. :bday:

I definitely need to see the particulars on the tourney again, because I definitely don't remember...

Stubbdog can attest to this: we typically have really cool terrain on our tables for tournaments here in Tulsa. We usually skimp out on our weekly meetings. Go figure. :lol: We have a bunch of players, so having a tournament here is cool.

I was just disappointed to basically see Wichita disappear from the boards. I haven't seen them chime in in a LONG time. ::(:

And of course Jasco closing... ::(:

Forget about prize support. It would just be nice to have Warlord represented at these local cons. I ran the Chronopia tourney last Saturday and had fourteen players! The game doesn't even have a parent company anymore, and the game is considered dead! I've helped demo Warlord, but the interest just doesn't seem to be there for people around here.

I ran the Chronopia tourney last Saturday

Well, next time, why dont you run a Warlord tourney/demo? Dont wait for someone else to lead the way, become a leader.

I definitely need to see the particulars on the tourney again

I need to ressurect that thread for sure. Look for it to come back to the top here in just a bit.

It's not in NY, but Stormie is running an event about 2 hrs east of Albany next Saturday near Worcester. I was looking to run one last weekend in Albany, but there was not enough interest. Where were you then, eh???? ;)

It's not in NY, but Stormie is running an event about 2 hrs east of Albany next Saturday near Worcester. I was looking to run one last weekend in Albany, but there was not enough interest. Where were you then, eh???? ;)

I tried to come out, but alas, the flights were too full. :down:

WB,

You see the thread last week, where we are probably gonna bump to the 2nd weekend in Nov instead of the 1st?

Can you still muster you and Micah, (and possibly James and old man Necro) for that?

The second weekend would probably be easier, but Micah won't commit until he knows some details about the tournament. We need the 5 W's and H answered. :lol:

I'm not sure about James, I can always ask. The same goes with Marlin.