kit

Contest Questions

Could I get a clarification on the closing date? New year's eve, New year's day, what time exactly on which day? I'm working on something, but I suspect I'll be coming down to the wire, so I figured I'd better check when exactly the wire is. :-> Thanks in advance!

Hm... now I'm confused about whether I've missed the deadline or not. The Winterwonderland thread is locked, but the Sophie thread isn't. Unfortunately my entry was wintry not Sophie. :-< I've posted it into Showoff instead, I didn't want to put it in the wrong contest.

Maybe they forgot about it. It could also be that if the "No Photoshopping" rule is enforced, then there wouldn't be 10 Sophie entries since some placed their name on their pics; there would only be 9. In that case, maybe they're trying to figure out what to do.

In the Winter Wonderland catagory, there does seem to be enough entries that meet all of the rules for there to be 10 to choose from.

It's also possible that the person in charge of this is on vacation.

So, out of curiosity, which one is it? (My money's on the "vacation" option).

Maybe they forgot about it. It could also be that if the "No Photoshopping" rule is enforced, then there wouldn't be 10 Sophie entries since some placed their name on their pics; there would only be 9. In that case, maybe they're trying to figure out what to do.

In the Winter Wonderland catagory, there does seem to be enough entries that meet all of the rules for there to be 10 to choose from.

It's also possible that the person in charge of this is on vacation.

So, out of curiosity, which one is it? (My money's on the "vacation" option).

Well I would opt for the vacation, although they did get it locked down. I believe the no photoshopping rule really applied to the adjustment of the photograph in a way to enhance the model. I don't think watermarking it with your name would disqualify the piece from the contest.

It could also be that if the "No Photoshopping" rule is enforced, then there wouldn't be 10 Sophie entries since some placed their name on their pics; there would only be 9. In that case, maybe they're trying to figure out what to do.

Doh! I kind of entered mine on a whim and completely forgot about that...

To the Powers That Be:

Keep me in if you can, but I certainly will understand if I get booted--no one to blame except myself for not remembering the rules.

From kit (earlier in this thread):

I should mention that putting your name on the image entry falls under the purview of the "Photoshopping your entry is strictly prohibited" rule. Several people have been doing that. Inability to follow the rules will affect consideration for those entries.

Dangit! I got so excited about being the first one to say it in a thread that I got it wrong! ;P

*cries in a corner*

/ali