Dallas Warlord Tourney

Stubbdog

Marlin is coming? That would be cool. Hope he does.

DrJ, you never said what wizard world is....

I don't know what Wizard World is... ask Gus.

I dont need to do much smack talking for this one. I'll just use my ReaperCon tourney plaque as my totem of battle. I finished Shak off in two rounds and Dwarf happens to be my favorite snack ::D:

It was 3 rounds, John, and I conceeded. ::P:

~v

Sorry, I have to bash you now because you are the one person who I know will come after me with a vengance. Despite my worries, I am so looking forward to this tourney.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I have to bash you now because you are the one person who I know will come after me with a vengance. Despite my worries, I am so looking forward to this tourney.

Count on that, should we get the chance. I'm looking forward to a rematch. :upside:

And yes, I've been pondering my tactics if and when that happens, too... :;):

~v

I am going to say yes. Because they are with miniatures that have already been released and its on their datacards.

But with the caveat that maybe they make sure to bring the printout from the thread that explains exactly what they do so their opponents will know.

--------------------------------------------------

On a separate note:

Someone asked me offline whether or not the fact that even though there is no book to explicitly say it yet, the reapergames site as well as discussions here have broken up the mercs into 5 subfactions (hanged, lupine, sisters, sinah, razig), will be affected by the shooters from 2 factions rule.

The answer is yes. If you take a shooter from Razig and a shooter from the sisters, they would be considered 2 different factions for the purposes of our tourney.

Same if you took merc crossbows from sinah and bowsisters from sisters.

Even though there is no book out yet to explicitly say it, it is pretty much accepted that any changes or updates that happen here on the forums or on reapergames should be considered errata and applicable.

Even though there is no book out yet to explicitly say it, it is pretty much accepted that any changes or updates that happen here on the forums or on reapergames should be considered errata and applicable.

That's just crazy talk man! CRAZY I say!! :lol:

So far, it is looking like there are two definite people coming to Tulsa: myself and Brian. I won't talk to Marlin until tonight to confirm whether or not he is coming. Any idea of the number of people so far?

Wild Bill :blues:

Currently, looks like a pretty decent turn out from the local side.

If everyone that has told me they are coming do indeed come, then I would guesstimate that we are looking at about 12-14 players including you guys coming FROM Tulsa.

We will start off setting up 8 tables, so we can handle up to 16 players. And if it comes down to it we can set up up to 10 tables if more unexpecteds show up.

And we will have 1-2 tables for painting purposes.

They also have about 16 internetworked computers for those that care to bring people to computer game against each other. I have not actually used them so I cant tell you what games.

What are the rules on proxies for this tournement?

Proxies are allowed. Just make sure to label well on the miniature (nametag type sticker or something).

But, as with most things common sense, there needs to be a limit and respect for the other players in terms of what miniatures are used to do the proxying. No using a dwarf spearguy to represent a hill giant.

As far as the smack talk goes. Its been less because really only 3-4 of the 14-16 players frequent these boards often. The rest are getting the info via the 3-4.

I believe Noon is correct. As a side note, last time I was there, the directory did not list Gamewize on it as it is still fairly new. Where is the best place for those who have never been there before to park so they can easily find the store and not walk across the entire mall searching for it? (I did this the first time I went up there :grr: )

Yes, you re right, I need to add directions in here dont I?

Vista Ridge Mall is located at the intersection of I35 and 121 about 10-15 minutes south of Reaper.

When you come go park on the DOWNHILL side of Dillards and JCPenney. This would be the northwest corner of the mall. I would suggest coming in thru Dillards to the mall as Gamewyze is the first store to the right just outside of Dillards.

Registration will start up at 11 (well really at 10 when I get there). Between Paul Ogletree (the black lightning who is actually running the show) and myself, we'll get all the armies validated whenever you get there.

We fully intend to have game play commence at noon.

Shak.... Have you convinced V man to come north too?

From the updates I got last night, we look to be:

4 from Oklahoma

4-6 from Dallas area

2 from Houston

Which is a couple less than originally spoke up, but still plenty to have a great tourney.

one other thing to note....

it is true that the food court is on the complete opposite end from the game store, so it might be wise to go ahead and show up with a drink, since its like a 10 minute walk to the other end of the mall.

Thanks for the good info on where to park at the mall. That should save is some considerable headaches tomorrow morning. Honestly, we'll probably be pushing that registration time as deep as we can. On the plus side, both Angie and I have printed copies of our rosters ready to turn in when we arrive.

Jason, by the V man, I presume you mean Ron (vutpakdi). Last I knew, he had a paint and take demo scheduled for this weekend in Houston. But, it is a little inconvenient to check the schedule while driving up I-45 and posting here from my blackberry. :;):

Anyway, we'll see you all tomorrow morning!

~v