Monique de Noir -- MSM?!

Remy Soujirou

Indeed, it's being worked on -- if not as we speak, then in the near future.

The design is basically the same (without her helmet), but in a new and painter-friendly pose. ^_^

There's a sketch (or 4) for it, but I'll need to get permission before I post anything.

Awesome work, Talin. (thanks for posting the preview, kit ;) Any chance we can see the other sketches? Also, how long does it take you to pump one of these beauties out? ^_^

I'd also love to see a 54mm Finari like everyone else here. Then again, there's no doubt in my mind that there's a ton of minis that we'd all love to see in 54mm. I'm sure the MS minis cater mostly to pure painters, but I was curious how the MSM line has done so far?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also love to see a 54mm Finari like everyone else here. Then again, there's no doubt in my mind that there's a ton of minis that we'd all love to see in 54mm. I'm sure the MS minis cater mostly to pure painters, but I was curious how the MSM line has done so far?

With only one piece in the line so far, and that out only about a month, its probably way to early to tell how the line is doing.

• Reaper User
Any chance we can see the other sketches? Also, how long does it take you to pump one of these beauties out? ^_^

(Some armor details and stuff)

Monique2_Thm.jpg

It used to take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days' worth of work to do a design (depending on stuff such as how complex or important it was). Reaper did away with all of that hassle, however, and just had Kit design a database that links together elements that people traditionally find appealing in fantasy minis. Now, voila! It takes mere seconds, and Reaper doesn't have to worry about care and feeding of an in-house artist.

(Oh, darn. I bet I get in trouble for giving away sensitive industry secrets now... :blink: )

I hacked and downloaded your program, but I would like to know what the 4 gig data file entitled "cheesecake" pertains to. I would have imagined it more appropriate to cookery.

Meanwhile I shall hook the program up to a 3-D printer I found for $15 at a bargain store and begin my reign as King of the Never Touched (or envisioned) by Humans Miniature Line. Now with a higher statistical chance of being judged appealing according to universally accepted aesthetic guidelines!

Any chance we can see the other sketches? Also, how long does it take you to pump one of these beauties out? ^_^

(Some armor details and stuff)

Monique2_Thm.jpg

It used to take anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days' worth of work to do a design (depending on stuff such as how complex or important it was). Reaper did away with all of that hassle, however, and just had Kit design a database that links together elements that people traditionally find appealing in fantasy minis. Now, voila! It takes mere seconds, and Reaper doesn't have to worry about care and feeding of an in-house artist.

(Oh, darn. I bet I get in trouble for giving away sensitive industry secrets now... :blink: )

It's all good, Tim. Your secret's safe with us. ^_^ Love the detail in the sketches (my current background as of now). BTW, do you use a paint program to color/shade these sketches with that sepia tone? I love how it has that old parchment look to it.

I think we're all just expressing our favorites in the existing line and saying we'd love them any size we can get them, especially 54mm. I'm sure we would all love new sculpts too, but we have ideas when it comes to the existing ones. Maybe we could start a Master Series Minis we'd like to see thread? As in ideas that wouldn't necessarily be good for role playing, Warlord, etc. but would ROCK to paint.

*thud*

::o:

::o:::o:

You know, I have a complaint to make about Reaper. Yeah, youse guys. You make too much cool stuff. Here I am, working my guts out trying to catch up and you keep adding MORE! More that I'm sure I'll never get around to painting. Sophies, Moniques, and enough sexy demon ladies to keep the Prince of Darkness busy (and tired) for the next millennium.

Now, thanks to you and your thoroughly inconsiderate constant production of awesome things I am compelled to live off cheap ramen (yeah, not even the GOOD kind!) and someday you will be responsible for my family/descendents having to pay the expense of having me buried with a thousand thousand blisters of unpainted cool minis I never got to.

I hope you're all proud of yourselves!

:lol:

*thud*

::o:

::o:::o:

You know, I have a complaint to make about Reaper. Yeah, youse guys. You make too much cool stuff. Here I am, working my guts out trying to catch up and you keep adding MORE! More that I'm sure I'll never get around to painting. Sophies, Moniques, and enough sexy demon ladies to keep the Prince of Darkness busy (and tired) for the next millennium.

Now, thanks to you and your thoroughly inconsiderate constant production of awesome things I am compelled to live off cheap ramen (yeah, not even the GOOD kind!) and someday you will be responsible for my family/descendents having to pay the expense of having me buried with a thousand thousand blisters of unpainted cool minis I never got to.

I hope you're all proud of yourselves!

:lol:

hahahahahahahahahahaha....... You said it man, know exactly how you feel!