Warlord pricetags...?

morrigan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send me your swag points and I'll send you coupons, gift certificates and such for Taco Bell. 10 points won't get you an entire meal, though. 40 points gets a shirt in the swag store, 50 for a hat. So, what's a shirt cost Reaper...$5? $10? Let's split it and say $8, meaning a single swag point is worth about $0.20. So, a hat costs Reaper $10, or it's worth 50 swag points? Sounds reasonable.

So, I wouldn't pay twice that, $0.40 each (a $4.00 meal for 10 points). Send me 10 swag points and I'll send you $2.00 worth of coupons and/or certificates. Deal or no deal?

Send me your swag points and I'll send you coupons, gift certificates and such for Taco Bell. 10 points won't get you an entire meal, though. 40 points gets a shirt in the swag store, 50 for a hat. So, what's a shirt cost Reaper...$5? $10? Let's split it and say $8, meaning a single swag point is worth about $0.20. So, a hat costs Reaper $10, or it's worth 50 swag points? Sounds reasonable.

So, I wouldn't pay twice that, $0.40 each (a $4.00 meal for 10 points). Send me 10 swag points and I'll send you $2.00 worth of coupons and/or certificates. Deal or no deal?

Deal...but I still have around $2000 bucks worth by that measure....and I only accept taco bell or burger king as acceptable foodstuff substitutes. :unsure: Do you have that many coupons?

• Reaper User

I think the average POP point clocks in at somewhere in the $.25 neighborhood. That's at least worth a taquito in my book. ::P:

And there's got to be some kind of hot-wings-POP-exchange rate somewhere. Ya' know there's just got to be...

I'm starting to accumulate a number of Reaper SWAG, but I really don't want to part with them yet. One SWAG per buffalo wing, however... I'm sure I could let some of 'em go. ::):

BTW, will there ever be something from the Reaper SWAG store that costs a ton of points? Say, something around 200 or more? Just curious.

Deal...but I still have around $2000 bucks worth by that measure....and I only accept taco bell or burger king as acceptable foodstuff substitutes. :unsure: Do you have that many coupons?

Hmmm, let's see here...$2000 worth of POP points, at my calc of $0.20 per point is...10,000 points?!? Even at $0.25 (thanks Talin), that's 8,000 points. You'll pardon my skepticism, as I believe you are pulling my leg.

On the other hand, did I mention the Yum! Brands corporate headquarters -- parent company for Taco Bell and others -- is a few miles from where I work? I don't know anyone there directly, but I know several people who do. A little networking, 6 degrees, you know?

Buffalo, lots of places have $.25 wing nights (sometimes less.... but a quarter is a nice round number at a lot of bars)

I miss those nights...<sniff>

If you go to the Asylum online, you'll see that the purple Warlord T-Shirt is on sale for something like $22 dollars. At 40 points for a T-shirt, for MY price, that's about $.50 a point.

You're right, that's retail cost to us consumer-types. I am looking at it from the standpoint of what I guess they cost Reaper. I've made and sold shirts that cost me $3.00 each, but they were not high quality. I was figuring against a guess-timate of better quality and printing cost to get an idea of what a swag point is worth to Reaper.

See, if I were seriously horse-trading cash value of points (which I'm not, this is just tongue-in-cheek haggling, as far as I am concerned), I would not want to give full retail value of cash/coupons/gift certificates for something I can only trade in for someone else's profit, basically what they would see as a wholesale value. I would lose on that deal, or at best break even. A t-shirt is not worth $20 + shipping to me, not when I can pick up something wearable for $5 at Wal-Mart. Granted, it's not a Reaper shirt, but that would imply a perceived value added to the Reaper shirt because of what's on it. I subjectively discount that perception. As much as I like Reaper, it's not worth that much to me.

So, I'm haggling on my perceived value, not retail pricing. I would not buy someone's swag points for $0.50 each in cash or coupons, or $20 for 40 points, then trade those points for a shirt. It would be an even-up transaction, a wash, since I can just 'trade cash' (buy) directly with Reaper at very nearly the same rate and skip the extra transaction with the individual.

The haggle is an attempt to create a win-win situation by creating value for someone who would rather have $20 worth of Taco Bell coupons than a $20 shirt. I might be able to get the $20 of coupons, gift certificates and such from corporate promotions at a discount, so my out-of-pocket expense might be $10. If I spend $10 and get enough POP points to get a $20 shirt, I'm happy. If the other party gets $20 to spend at Taco Bell for his points, he's happy. If Reaper gets 40 swag points off the street and a walking billboard for their company -- me wearing their shirt in public -- they're happy. Everybody wins.

Conversely, if I buy a shirt from Reaper via retail channels, they make a profit and get a little advertising, so they're very happy. I paid $20+ for a shirt, so I'm not really all that thrilled with the deal, but at least I have a shirt to wear. The other guy is hungry, wants Taco Bell, but can't eat because he spent all his money on miniatures and is stuck with points he can't trade for food, so he's decidedly not happy. :down:

See, I have everyone's best interests at heart.

APOLOGY: sorry for playing around too much and getting this dragged off to OTR. I started with good intentions -- I am also in sticker shock from price increases, regardless of explanations of quality improvements, inflation woes, or other perceptions of value or cost justification.

@SaintRigger: I might take you up on that! I don't get to WNY very often, but I was just talking to a buddy in Silver Creek a couple of nights ago. He made it very clear it's my turn to make the trip. It might be in the late spring, after tax season. We'll see. There is a lot of Real Life lying in wait to ambush me between now and then. :upside:

@ Dragonsnack -- I appreciate the encouragement, but it's 550 miles to Buffalo from here, 650 to Rochester. That's more than I can manage in a weekend, I'm afraid. And I have to divide up my precious few holidays and skimpy vacation time very carefully, usually among family in other 'drive it in a day' states.