More questions!

Ler

After a few more games I'm liking Warlord a lot more, but a few more things cropped up which I couldn't find covered and need clarifying. Not many wins for myself, but those damn templar knights are a tough bunch for my skeletons. I'm thinking I may have to resort to mobbing them with lots of skeletons. =P

Anyway, couple of questions:

Healing effects, such as well... Hospitalier Heal ability or the Bandage Spell, can you heal "dead" warrior models with only a single damage track? For example, lets say a Mercenary Spearman falls in turn 2 (he has no toughness or anything), can a hospitalier or cleric with the Bandage spell heal him and if so, what is the window of opportunity to do it? before the unit is next activated?

Are there any penelties for breaking from/moving out of combat? I couldn't see anything that said there were.

Also, are there any penelties for shooting into combat besides forcing friendly models to take a discipline check?

If a unit takes casulties, is there a point at which it must make a discipline check? again, I couldn't see anything that said there was, but I tend to miss things easily sometimes, so I could be wrong and my apologies for not paying more attention if there is. =P

Thanks for any help in advance, 'tis appreciated a lot.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Healing effects, such as well... Hospitalier Heal ability or the Bandage Spell, can you heal "dead" warrior models with only a single damage track? For example, lets say a Mercenary Spearman falls in turn 2 (he has no toughness or anything), can a hospitalier or cleric with the Bandage spell heal him and if so, what is the window of opportunity to do it? before the unit is next activated?

Unless they have Tough, there is no window once they take their last damage. If they have tough, then the window exists until they are next activated.

Are there any penelties for breaking from/moving out of combat? I couldn't see anything that said there were.

Only that you must pass a DIS check to do so. Failure makes you shaken and still in combat.

Also, are there any penelties for shooting into combat besides forcing friendly models to take a discipline check?

Only the forced DIS test and possibility of damage from AOE.

Unless they have Tough, there is no window once they take their last damage. If they have tough, then the window exists until they are next activated.

Until the END of their next Activation. You don't have to make Tough checks on stunned Models as soon as their troop next activates. You just have to at some point during that activation. If you do not make a Tough check by the end of their next activation, the model is just killed outright, no letting them slide until yet another Activation.

In fact, many times it is to your advantage to perform other actions, then make a Tough check. A great example is when you have some stunned models in front of an enemy line and Archers in your troops. If your stunned models were upright, they would block or obstruct LOS. Since they are stunned and on the ground, make your ranged attacks without Cover or Obstructions from the stunned Model, try to kill a couple Enemies, THEN make your tough check. You also don't have to make Discipline checks for your models being in b2b contact since they are stunned. ^_^