New merc cards posted on RG

Stubbdog

The Reven archers also have Tough, so that is nothing new or exciting. In fact, their stats are eerily similar...

True, I did forget about the Reven archers. But the difference here is, if the 25% merc rule becomes official, I can use the Bowsisters with my Crusaders and still have a Crusader army, not freelance. ::):

True that! :bday:

Wild Bill :blues:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull Orc Archers cost 3 points less, have +1 DV, +6 Range and lack Ranger.

If it wasn't for the shorter Range, I'd field the Bowsisters over the Bull Orc Archers almost every day.

Ranger only helps for that first activation, and with 24" Range and 6" Mov, they can fire the exact same distance as the Bull Orcs if you start them at the edge of your Deployment Zone. Once that's over, Ranger's useless.

The only hard part about the 25% merc rule right now with my Crusaders is whether I want to field the Shadow Sisters or the Bowsisters :lol:

Bull Orc Archer - 30 pts . Bowsister - 31 pts . Sorry to point out the slight maths problem there Qwyk . ::P:

I still think that the Orc Archers are slightly better value , but imagine the shooty army one could get with both those in their list using the 25% Merc rule . :blink:::o: And neither are bad in h2h so just add a totem . Combine both in a freelance army and it will most like be a winning list . <_<

Here a quick 1000 pt Tomukh + 25% Merc list I just made up to ponder :

Dantral + 10 Bull Orc Archers + Ombur (LME , bless , 2 warcry)

Kharg + 4 Bull Orc Warrios

River Troll

Kassandra + 5 Bowsisters

Totem

998 pints

River Troll

Kassandra + 5 Bowsisters

Totem

998 pints

With 22 models and 998 pints, your forces are going to be too liquored up to fight. And who hands bows to the drunks? :lol:

PS

River Troll

Kassandra + 5 Bowsisters

Totem

998 pints

With 22 models and 998 pints, your forces are going to be too liquored up to fight. And who hands bows to the drunks? :lol:

PS

Lok us orcses kan drink anyun unda da table , even dose stunty loud Dwarveses ! ::D::lol: