Learn to paint kits

Yogie Bear

I have been considering getting these for a while now and now that they come with RMS the purchase is inevitable.

I read somewhere (might of been here) that the earlier guides will be updated. If this is the case how long do you think I'll need to wait for the updated versions? Also does no. 4 assume you already have no 1?

Cheers

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is a little different. The current LTP kits come with MSP bottles and first edition instructions. The new LTP kits will come with paint strips and second edition instructions. Without buying the kits twice, will people who have the first edition kits have ANY opportunity to get revised instructions when they come out?

When you buy the kits, check kit #3 to see if it has the appropriate "Blackened Brown" 9137 or the error "Antique Rose" 9139. Unless you want to mix a substitute you'll need Blackened Brown to do the NMM correctly.

If you have the error bottle, contact Reaper for a replacement bottle.

I'm still hoping Reaper won't go with pots for the re-dos, but I suspect they probably will.

Paint Kit #4 is a standalone, it's just skintones and lining and how to use the skin triads effectively. You don't need the earlier kits to do it. Paint kit #4 ONLY teaches skintones and lining, though, so the rest of the mini is up to you. Given this, I'd say get the first three and then #4 (so you can learn the other essentials).

• Reaper User

All of the paint kits are written as stand-alones, though 1 and 2 do build on each other as far as techniques go.

I suspect you'll have to wait quite a while for the updated instructions on the first three, as I have to finish LTPK-5 first. ::):

--Anne of Many Projects But Limited Time ::):