72mm Sophie Jewlery Box

Beowulfthehunter

HPIM3141.jpg

Here is my Sophie I just got done painting. I like how she turned out (for being a speed painting job). I have assembled her on this small wooden box that one could put rings in and such, but I am at a loss. I am wondering if I should base the top of the box at all. I mean nothing too wild just some tufts of flock and or gravel. Does it look ok as it is.

I will post close up pictures when I feels she is 100% done.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, what I would do, is carve a border around the edge of the box...celtic knotwork or the like. Then I would use milliput, or GS or some other air hardening putty to sculpt some sort of tile/ marble/ stone work for her to be standing on.

IMHO, putting grass and rocks on it would "de-elegant" the jewlry box.

De-elegant probably isn't a real word....

I would definitely do something to the box (scrollwork or what-not). You could also put 2-3 Reaper treasure piles around her feet, you know, since it's a jewelry box...

The more I look at it and think about it, the more I like the idea. I may steal your idea and combine it with mine...one of these days...

Jiminy jillikers! The paint stains on the bench make it look like an abbatoir! The carnage, the carnage! Having fought her way through hordes of the unpainted (like the undead, but more difficult to turn), Sophie stands supreme victor and poses for the camera. :blink:

Seriously, though, that Sophie-on-a-box looks way cool.

Just my opinion here, but you've got a great looking mini on a rather plain box. You may not want to do any over-the-top decoration to the box since it might take away from Sophie, but the box could definitely use something.

I like the suggestion by Redhandstudios about the Celtic knotwork (I love that stuff anyway). De-elegant? Hmmmm.....probably not a word, but I like the usage.