movie manners

Almathea Toes

Okay, so I was at the illusionist with my boyfriend. We were enjoying the movies then flip the girl next to us is texting. Then again twenty minutes later, then again, then again, then again. In the end I asked her to stop. I mean why would you think it's okay to pull out a super bright light in a movie?

Heck, I don;t even mind if people talk a little during movies. Sometimes there's a comment that must be made. ::P:

Not to mention, how hard is it to not communicate for two hours? Although the girl was a teen and my current experience is that for a lot of them going ten minutes without suffering from some form of verbal diarhea is near impossible. It's like in my classes, half the time if I(the teacher) make any type of comment at all, they all feel the need to discuss it with their friends, but that is a different rant. ^_^

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the article and laughed. Then I saw who posted it and laughed harder. Alex was a friend of mine when I still lived in Alaska. He's 6'4", big bouncer-type. I could totally see him doing something like this. Made me appreciate it a little more.

Oh man.. people in movies. Not sure I should even start on this rant, it's just gonna make me mad.

My biggest peeve is people who bring their babies into adult rated movies! I came into this theater to watch some blood and gore, possibly some gratuitous sex, not listen to your baby bawl half the time. I've gone and gotten management to throw those people out of the theater for their babies more than anything else ever. And what's funny is they shoot me the nastiest meanest looks.

Now, babies in kids movies, ok, I'm up with that. It's a kid movie, kids should be there. Not in Dawn of the Dead screaming their head off.

grrrrr.

I've never had the cellphone problem.

They ran a very limited screening of the original Nightmare on Elm Street about a month ago, though. These three emo kids, about five feet tall and ninety pounds each got right behind Aryanun and myself. They joked, laughed, and talked the whole time. When Ary asked me a question during the end credits and i answered, the little punks had the nerve to yell at me. By yell, I mean loud enough to assume I was on the other side of the theater.

All I wanted to say was "If you're going to act like a tool then make sure the other person isn't twice your size." Two of the three just bolted instead. The third, well, I'm not sure he's thinking too highly of the other two as friends for pulling that on him.

That's really the only problem I've ever had - and those weren't regular ticket prices either.

During Batman Begins, a group of 5-6 people wandered into the theater. They moved seats three times before the movie even began, and countless times during the first 30 or so minutes. To make things worse, they would NOT shut up. They talked constantly, and soured the whole atmosphere for all of us. Finally someone in the row behind me got fed up and shouted "Would you all just shut the f*** up?". The matron of the group got up and started shouting at him, and her family members rushed her out of the theater, to thunderous applause by the rest of us. The worse part was the fact that she felt they were blameless, and that the guy who called them out was being the loud one.

Some peoples kids....

It's amazing how often this happens now! It always seems to be teenagers or kids in their early twenties. I think our society is doomed because kids no longer learn that there are consequences to actions. I rarely go to the movies anymore because I got tired of asking people to be quiet or not use a cell phone during the movie.

I have not been to a theater to see a movie since Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Before that was Ep. III.

I used to go to all of the'event' movies. But for what it costs my wife and I to go out to the movies now, including babysitter, admission and gas, I'll pick something up at Best Buy on the way home, wait until the kids go to bed and enjoy the film on the convenient comfort of my couch in my pajamas and still save money.

The fact that most DVD's are released 4-5 months after their theatrical premiere just means I wait a little longer to see them...

I havn't been to a movie that was inturrupted by a cellphone/pager in years.

YEAH!!!!

but seriously those things tick me off. I may have to show that TMP bit to one of our D&D players.

"we are having deep, fun, and very in-character discussions with important pcs and pushing the boundrys of our roleplaying abili...beep beep beep blip beep..."

seriously: 1) why does his wife need to txt him to see how game is going 2) why is he responding?

Only one movie I've been to in years hasn't been like that, and that was Flyboys over Columbus Day Weekend when I was the youngest person in the theater by a couple decades. Before that let's see....

Nacho Libre -- two grotesquely obese women with 5-6 kids in tow sitting directly in front of me, every fifteen minutes they were up and shuffling around because one of their little womb-goblins has to go to the bathroom, and one woman does not stop texting the entire time. Additionally, there was a guy a couple rows behind us and way off to the right narrating the entire movie into his cell-phone.

King Kong -- Lady sitting right behind me used the opening credits to teach her little womb-goblin how to read.

The Libertine -- literally a dozen kids under the age of 12 there. My best guess was their parents were a bunch of mouth-breathers who couldn't be bothered to look up the word "Libertine" and just assumed, "Oh, Johnny Depp! Pirates and Willy Wonka, he does kid movies, this must be a kid movie." They all left before the opening credits finished rolling.

War of the Worlds -- Three geezer women sitting right behind me and my girlfriend. They do not shut up once during the entire movie. When Dakota Fanning was on the screen they babbled endlessly about how cute she is, and then when she wasn't on screen they babbled, "oh no where's the little girl? did the aliens get her?" Then, when the Tripods started spraying the Red Weed with blood as fertilizer, Christine buried her face in my shoulder because gore upsets her (I was not expecting visible gore in a movie where the main alien weapon is a heat-ray that vaporizes flesh instantly), and these old biddies start loudly complaining about "how rude teenagers are."

What bugs me at movies is having to sit in front of hyperactive kids who kick at the bottom of my seat all through the movie.

That and people who wait through half an hour of previews right up until the film starts to decide it's time to go to the lobby and bother every single person on the aisle as they try to squeeze past.