Happy Halloween!

lstormhammer

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched The Great Pumpkin tonight. It's a tradition around here... kind of like waiting for The Great Reven..and I KNOW The Great Reven's coming this year. I've been good..REALLY good.. honest I have.

Anybody want 300 Tootsie Rolls? Apparently my 'hood is no longer the hot-spot for tricks-or-treats.

I spent Halloween over at my sister-in-laws helping give out candy and playing with my niece and nephews once they got back from Trick or Treating (and helping them eat their Candy when mom wasn't looking :lol:)

I was really disappointed by the lack of costuming this year. Street clothes and a rubber mask is not a costume. :down:

We have a lot of small kids and there were some absolutely adoreable costumes. We had the brothers who were a knight and a dragon, LOTS of fairies, Gory outfits (as in blood), Winnie the Pooh, Belle, Spiderman, etc. We went through about 100 airheads in 2 1/2 hours! I LOVE halloween-the kids are just so darn cute.

We had more costumed teens this year. Last year they got the "no costume, no candy" rejection. This year I'd have to estimate 97% of the teens were costumed. I was happy to see that improvement.

Last year we gave out 8 gallons of candy. (I have 4 gallon brew pots I use) this year we gave out 6 gallons and a gross(144) of halloween pencils. For the second year in a row, I have leftover candy.

I'm so depressed... Only one trick-or-treater came to my house last night :down: Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, house all tricked out in the front yard, lights, skellies, headstones, etc etc. I guess my new house is not in a good trick-or-treatin zone or something. ::(::down:

If it makes you feel any better, that's one more than we had. Of course, we live in the boonies, so really weren't surprised, but I was ready for em just in case. We just stayed all comfy on the couch and enjoyed our Final Destination marathon instead.

Hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!!

I'm so depressed... Only one trick-or-treater came to my house last night :down: Halloween is by far my favorite holiday, house all tricked out in the front yard, lights, skellies, headstones, etc etc. I guess my new house is not in a good trick-or-treatin zone or something. ::(::down:

I know what you mean, we had two and they were together. What's bad is in the past we've had alot more. Oh well, more candy for me.

In the words of Ned Flanders: Son of a Diddley.

I got the candy, the pumpkins, the goodies and what-not, and not one child knocked on my door this year.

In years past, it's been non-stop capery and fangish delight, but not so this time around.

I know there *are* children in this apartment complex, but buggered if I know where they went.

So aparantly, three pounds of assorted pre-packaged chocolates will be making their way to my desk. Nothing to soothe the bitter pill of Financial Aid swollowed with a Hershey's Special Dark chocolate.

--LSH

For the second year in a row, I have leftover candy.

I have leftover candy every year. My wife usually picks up a bag or three everytime she goes to the store alone after mid-september. I think this year we had 15 or so bags of candy. And about 40 kids came by.

Last night after we got about 15 kids pretty early, she was thinking about walking over to the store to get more candy. She ended up not going, though.

LStormhammer -- The first three years I lived in this town, I was in an apartment complex. Not one kid came by in any of those years. Once we got into our house, we've had kids come by every year. This was the first year since we've been in the house that it didn't snow while the kids were out (we did get flurries in the morning though, so our string of consecutive Halloweens with snow continues).

I hung out with a couple friends, with plans to watch Bubba Ho-Tep. That plan fell through. However it was still good times spent with good friends.

On the 29th I went to a party in the college union dressed as the Weird Al song "White and Nerdy." My Monty Python T-shirt, my +1 hat, a USB flash drive hanging from my neck, my dice bag hanging from me belt and a copy of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol. 1 tucked under my arm. It was hilarious. Everyone who got the joke thought it was one of the best costumes there -- and I threw it together at literally the last minute from stuff I had on my desk.

Next year I might copy my friend Brian's idea and dress up as a lawn gnome.

For the second year in a row, I have leftover candy.

I have leftover candy every year. My wife usually picks up a bag or three everytime she goes to the store alone after mid-september. I think this year we had 15 or so bags of candy. And about 40 kids came by.

this was year 4 at Halloween in this house.

year 1 we ran out of candy in just under 20 minutes

year 2 we lasted almost 45 minutes.

last year, year 3, we survived the entire 2 hour window that kids are out** with left-overs for the first time.

**I've overheard kids & parents talking about a time limit, curfew, restricted hours to T&T that I never knew exisited when I lived on the west coast, or even in the condos 2 towns away....