Finally playing D&D again

Bill_Adcock

my buddy Rob has been running a sporadic campaign since the school year started, and until recently couldn't fit me into his sessions -- it's his first time DMing and he didn't want to risk overloading himself with more than four players. Well, one player quit after failing to differentiate between real life and the game -- she's Jewish, and at a banquet in the adventurers' honor pork was served and she went ballistic over it and her PC (a gnome bard) stormed out of the room, and she quit. So I was able to slide into her slot.

I'm a human barbarian named Brauron (some of you history buffs might know where that name came from), we joke that I was Conan's roommate at Barbarian Finishing School, and apparently I'm the best-roleplayed barbarian Rob (who's been playing for years, his entire family and all his family friends play as well) has ever seen. Examples:

Me (in character, sitting in a tavern): "I'll take a gold piece's worth of ale."

Rob: "That's 20 mugs of ale you know."

Me: "Yeah, so?"

Tim (our Cleric): "Brauron's a big meaty guy he can probably drink all that and not die."

Rob: "OK, you open the chest and find.....120 copper pieces......85 silver pieces.....60 gold pieces....and four platinum pieces."

Me (in character): "We can but the whole tavern!"

(Mountain Dew fountains out of Rob's nose as he laughs)

I'm going to paint miniatures to represent the members of the party as gifts for everyone in the group this Yule. I've got most of them picked out already, the hard one is Lucien, our Elf Sorcerer (played by Rob's girlfriend), who is extremely effeminate, even for an elf male, and wears glasses. I'm thinking about maybe just using Jolie, Female Scribe. Seriously, Lucien is that feminine.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...think I'm going to go with Aramil, the High Elf Mage looks a little grumpy....and while Lucien is currently out of commission with a case of food poisoning (undercooked rabbit) I don't think he's too grumpy. Dysenteric, if such a word exists, yes, but not grumpy.

Bill

I know the feeling, my been probably close to 10 years since I DMed a pen & paper D&D game is getting sidelined due to time, real life stuff, but here shortly (next Tues or around there), I'll be getting my online Reaper D&D game going

can't wait!!!

RM

Bill

I know the feeling, my been probably close to 10 years since I DMed a pen & paper D&D game is getting sidelined due to time, real life stuff, but here shortly (next Tues or around there), I'll be getting my online Reaper D&D game going

can't wait!!!

RM

ooh where is this taking place? is there info about it in one of the forum areas?

ooh where is this taking place? is there info about it in one of the forum areas?

Ac, I'm gonna run a play by post version of the new Savage Tide adventure from Dungeon Magazine. It's here Savage Tide Adventure in the Playing Forum

I'm full right now, but never know what might happen down the road.

RM

Update. Apparently I'm playing my Barbarian as too intelligent and too lawful. So from now on I'm not allowed to use any word larger than 3 syllables while talking in character, and can't say, "Why am I hitting this shop-keeper? He hasn't threatened me in any way." while hitting aforementioned shop-keeper, at the rest of the party's request.

Also, I've settled on figures to represent the party.

Brauron the Barbarian will be played by Koarlap Bloodhand (axehead replaced to make it a Greataxe, and given a shield).

Lucien the (unnaturally effeminate) Elf Wizard will be played by Loryn Stormblade, Elf Fighter Mage (selected because the person playing Lucien told me Lucien had a sword in addition to being a wizard, and I like the look of the figure).

Rephan the Cleric will be played by Tolzar the Righteous (2600s version).

Rhodian the Fighter will be played by Falco Steelcross.

These figure are going to be given to their players right after Winter Break. During that time I will paint them and post pictures of them on the boards for everyone to see. Also, the DM is getting Aaron the Conjurer from the 3000s line, just because I really feel like painting it and he says he's never played a mage, though wants to at some point.