Jump to content

haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

Seeing the men walk in, Vieta looks them over. Thinking about the tatoo, he wonders if he knows what the symbol might mean.

 

I don't like the looks on these scallywags...

 

Vieta, of course, doesn't say this outloud. Instead, he whistles to himself as he paces down the counter, browsing the displayed wares. However, he perks his ears to listen as best as he could to any conversations that might take place. His right hand, as if by habit, rests casually on his belt buckle, close to the cutlass sheated by his waist and to the pistol slipped sideways into the loop of his belt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

knowledge Check --Nothing comes off the top of your head about that tattoo, but maybe some more snooping around about it, might turn something up.

 

"I said I'd be with, oh it's you." Gim has a scowl on his face as he says that, "Can you please come back when I DON'T have a customer, please!!" say Gim.

 

"You know what time of the month it is, Gimpy, why would this riff raff care what business we have amongst ourselves here." & the human moves toward the dwarf's table. "So how much did we take in this month, gemkeeper?" says the lanky human.

 

"My profits are my own, you know I pay what I was "forced" to pay when your "kind" came around the first time.

 

"Tsk tsk tsk tsk don't get brave on me now gemkeeper, or my halfbreed friend might have to show how he got so fit, besides you know orcs & dwarves never have had any good feeling towards each other."

 

"Look, Carston, I don't want no trouble, epically in me shop, as it's all I have...""Well then you don't want to give us trouble!!!!" says Carston, interrupting the dwarf.

 

At this time, he put a finger up & says "Molok!!" & the half orc moves toward the glass case holding a bunch of jewelry, pulling out a heavy flail as well. "Now, Gimpy please don't make my friend or me epically mad, you wouldn't want that!!"

 

"Please!!! I beg of you, it all I have!!!!"

 

"You know I don't like groveling espically from grown men like yourself, Molok!!" he snaps his fingers & Molok take the flail with both hands & smashes the glass case "NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, me gems!!!" says Gim.

 

"What are you looking beach rat??" as he says to you, Vieta "Ship sink off the coast??" & that he pulls out his rapier that was at his side & points to you "This bothering you?" "Is this dwarf worth dieing for, shiprat?"

 

 

RM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilhurst--

 

Upon reaching the bridge that runs across the channel you see a 7 foot tall stone wall that surrounds a towering, gothic, three-story house that dominates the grounds within. Looking down upon you & the rest of the passerby are leering gargoyles & capering nymphs festoon the eaves of the manor's roof & several trees provide a buffer zone from the the bustle of the street. From your view point you can't see much of the house, but what you can see the building looks like your typical manor house from the outside. There are a few small buildings in front of the main gate that you could possibly hide in & around & not be seen, at least from street viewing.

 

Gilhurst approaches the small buildings in front of the main gate casually and checks them for occupancy. then takes a stroll to see if he can walk the perimeter of the manor, perhaps find a spot to scale the wall and get to a tree...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta, of course, watches the entire event in silence. Rather shamelessly, the sight of the shattering gem case gives him ideas of nicking a few small unoticeable pieces if he has the chance.

 

When confronted, Vieta stares directly into the man's remaining eye.

 

"Is this dwarf worth dying for, shiprat?" the man asks Vieta.

 

"No." Vieta responds rather casually.

 

Then, moving as if to turn away from them, he quickly spins back on his feet, drawing his pistol with his right hand, taking aim for the man's right chest, the heart. He pauses only briefly before speaking.

 

"Do you know what this is I'm holdin' here, boys?" he asks, still aiming the gun at the man, who he assumes is the leader.

 

[OOC- Vieta attempts to intimidate the two men to back down. If they try to attack before this, or if either pulls a sudden move, Vieta will try to fire his pistol at the one-eyed man.]

 

"Do you know what this is?" he repeats slowly. "This, friends, is my pistol. It's a flintlock, specifically, with an igniting hammer, and enough blasting powder to propel a spinning ball of hot metal that can put a hole through a cuirass."

"Aye, it's a bit old, I have to admit, and I do apologize. I tend to put a bit too much blasting powder, and sometimes, the ball does shatter somethin' awful. Usually, tis not really a ball that comes out, it bein' more of a... uhhh, fragmented hale of razorin' shards. Really bad, I really do have to get this thing fixed. Anyway, as I was saying, you are now starin' into the barrel of said pistol, fully capable of blowing your head not-so-cleanly from your shoulders. So, in this situation, you have to ask yourself one question..."

 

"You wanna die?" he asks plainly.

 

Vieta's thumb reaches for hammer, and he cocks the firearm with an audible, satisyingly-metalic click before steading himself to aim, gun arm held straight, left arm clenched and pressed against the small of his back for a stable firing posture.

 

"Well, do you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilhurst--

 

You wander around the buildings enough to see they are occupied but no one is home, probably citizens that work in the Merchant District. The buildings aren't run down, just your typical middle class dwellings. After seeing no one is around those, you decide to use the wall that is on the North side that faces the small bay, Vine Street. Traffic is light in this area, the time being between 1 pm & 2 pm or so, judging by the sun's spot in the sky, thus you can get close to the wall, & upon looking up you can see the tips of some trees inside the wall, that might hide yourself from the eyes of the manor. Upon getting to the wall you look left, look right, no one, "ahh piece of cake!!!" the wall is a cement wall with large stones placed on top of each other wall face, provide pretty decent hand & footholds, you scamper of the wall to about halfway, when you hear a "Hey mister, whatcha doin up there??"

 

 

Vieta--

 

Upon seein the pistol, Carston lowers his rapier, "Hey now Guvnah, I didn't mean to draw 'powder into this confrontation, seein as I don't have a fancy pistol like your's it would impede me dear old dead mother's honor if I were to get into a fight with you" (you doubt he has any honor, maybe a little...) He starts to back up near the door but holds his ground. "Thou seeing me 'brother here might want to add that to his trophy case & with that he shouts "Mat-Shara!!" in you presume to be orcish, as you've been around half-orcs on ships & such & have heard the language & with that big half-orc, Molok lunges at you with his 2 handed flail "Wit pleashure, Cars'!"

 

Who do you fire upon? You obviously have shaken Carston (the human) with the Intimidate check & such, but it had no effect on Molok, (the half-orc) Roll for initiative, using a D20

 

 

Yarrin--

 

The district you are in right now is the Shadowshore District, the seedier side of Sasserine, where alot of shady buisness goes on, the black heart so to speak of Sasserine. Making your way to Gondola Station that will take you to the Merchant District, approaching you from Gull Street are 3 obvious drunk sailors. "Ahoy Nature boy" one says rudely. "Yah saved a tree lately, HA HA HA" Anther says, the 3rd just stares at you, then pulls a dagger out, "So ye wanna dance, har har" The other 2 just stare & the laugh & stumble...

 

Roll for initiative....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Why yes I do believe I have saved at least a tree or two today and thank you for asking," Yarrin says to the drunken sailors. "As far as dancing I do believe that I have two left feet when it comes to that."

Yarrin casts entangle upon the area the sailors are in coaxing the bits of flora from in the cracks of the stone path into tripping up the men.

 

He then slips away feeling no real need to dely his journey with these ruffians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Wrong answer, mate." Vieta responds and fires his pistol at Carston, aiming to put the one-eyed man down and out (if not dead, then at least out of the fight).

 

If he still has the oppertunity before Molok reaches him, Vieta switches his pistol from his right hand to his left and draws his cutlass for the melee.

 

[ooc- not sure if I was supposed to roll or you were, but I nailed a 6 ( ::(: ) on the d20]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yarrin--

 

Depending on your initiative (sorry forgot to tell everyone go ahead & roll that, I'll post on the Gathering post about how rolls are made, still figuring those out on which I want to do & players), you get the 2 that are laughing, if not for the fact there are creepy vines around their legs, they seem oblvious to the spell (I rolled a 1 even with a heavy minus,WHOOPS :wacko: ), but the one with the dagger does seem to slip out of it, & charges you with the dagger, (if his roll beats your roll), but his getting out of the area of the tangle & his drunk swing misses your arm badly, "Bahh!!" he spats.

 

"Twang!" a sound from near one of the buildings & suddenly a red fletched crossbow bolt now protruding from the dagger sailor's skull "Thud!" "Ughh" the sailor crumples to the ground in front of you, the dagger skirting from his hand...

 

 

Vieta--

 

"HA HA!!" Captain Slowpoke, should be your new name, shiprat!!!", he dives behind the counter for cover. As he hits the ground you see him pull something out a hand crossbow out.

 

The big halforc must have been to eager to take you apart as his hvy flail, misses with a wild swing & crashes into a counter top.

 

Your blast goes off & small smokepuff comes out of the ornate pistol, but with the halforc coming upon you, you miss the rogue, but tag the window behind him, shattering a section out of it.

 

The dwarf has also joined the fight now & you see him with a club he must have kept under the counter.

 

Here is a map (sorry for the bad Paint drawing) of the room, with everyone's positions as of the this post, RED dot is Carston, the human, PURPLE dot is Molok, the halforc, GREEN dot is Gim, & Blue is Veita

GimsShop-vi.jpg

Rylek--

 

You find yourself in the Merchant District after getting directions, on a busy street with various races, mostly human but you do see a few other demi-humans minding their daily buisness. When all of a sudden a muffled "BOOOOOM!!" & the shattering of glass afterwards & people running toward you up the street....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as he won't have tiem to reload another shot, Vieta shoves his pistol into his belt loop and draws his cutlass, whirling the crude-looking yet versatile blade in several arcs as he squares with the half-orc.

 

With a roaring yell, he charges forward, blade flashing, intent on cutting down his opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yarrin doesn't bother with examining the pincushioned sailor having seen far worse in his time along the docks but instead begins scanning the direction from which the arrow came. He knew better than many the laws of nature which lasped over into man's little world, you are either predator or prey. It was time to find out the nature of his rescuer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Rylek hears he the boom he can not help his inquisitive nature but to check out what is going on. Not wanting to run straight down towards the people running in his general direction. He looks around to see if there is an "easier and safer" way to get to the disturbance without bringing any unwanted attention to himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil looks down to the source of the voice, "Well i'm lost and I was climbing up to the top of the wall to see if I could get my bearings, being one of short stature you do what you need to do, If you know what I mean."

(Bluff check if necessary)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilhurst--

 

Upon looking down to the sound, you are startled that you didn't see the person in the first place, but your even more surprised to see that the person is a small female halfling child with very big eyes. "So watcha yah doin? Can I come up there too, can I can I???" Your attempt at bluffing her seems to work, as she doesn't seem to wanna go for help to "report you", but she looks like that would be fun too. "Mom & Dad never let me climb big things, they say I'll get hurt or my ears & my nose will grow very big if I do, but they aren't here right now." she points to one of the houses that you just scanned for occupancy. "So can I, pleeeeeeeeeassseee?" She has those big doe eyes going right now.

Halflings in my D&D world are similar to the old school "Hobbits" or like Reaper halflings. While I like the "mini-humans of current 3.5 D&D, I'm just old-school I guess. JTYWLTK

Also this is Vanderboren Manor off the Sasserine Map, you'll find it at #79 in Merchant District section of the S T Player's Guide. Gil is where the red dot is at, btw.

 

VenderborenManor-vi.jpg

Yarrin--

 

Upon seein their bold but brash companion get tagged with the crossbow bolt & drop to the ground & now motionless, the other two sailors drop the ground & start to beg for their lives "Oh we sorry oh mighty one,please spare our miserable lives so we can go on wi' our pitiful duties, oh please!!!!" & that one begains to cry.

 

You look upon the person that shot the bolt, stepping from the shadows appears to be a woman with a slight build. Her fine blonde hair tied neatly back from her forehead. She is wearing sailor attire with a dark blue shirt, white pants & knee high black boots. Upon her head is a tri-corn hat. Upon getting a closer look at her face you see a thin scar that graces her right check & her blue eyes gaze at you intently."Sorry t' interrupt ye but I dasn't like t' be seein' a swabbie bein' outnumbered in a swashbuckle, e'en 'tis wi' 3 loaded to the "BEEP" :devil: gunwhales fools as these." With that she hocks up something & spits on the ground next to her. "Me name be Amella Venkalie, captain fer hire, but I be seein' ye be havin' nay "BEEP" :devil: ship nor "BEEP" :devil: crew, so that part o' me t'ain't "BEEP" :devil: important.

 

Amella-vi.jpg

 

Rylek--

 

The people don't seem to be say stampeding your way, just they are tryin to get out of that area up ahead. You could probably just go the other side of the street & walk that way, like you were just passing by.

 

Vieta--

You square off with Molok, who seems to be even bigger up close. As you put your pistol away, he turns around to face you squarely with his flail gripped in both hands "You will taste my weapon, human scum" Upon him uttering something other then a ugh you smell rum in his breath, pretty nasty, but nothing you haven't dealt with yourself in the past weeks. With that he takes anther mighty swing, but misses again & stumbles past you with the weight of the heavy weapon.

 

Carston takes aim at you when you turn to face his half-brother but decided to take a easier target, Gim. "You should have just paid, dwarf, now my brotherhood will tear this place apart!!!" With that he fires the bolt at the dwarf striking the dwarf in the shoulder. "Argh!!" cries Gim but he be continues on toward the human rogue "Today I liberate myself from you & your stinkin guild!!!" yells the dwarf & he swings his club at the rogue but misses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rylek, crosses the street and begins to move quickly trying to find out what caused the disturbance. As he is moving down the street he is keeping his watch for where the disturbance may have been as well as looking for some type of commotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rylek--

 

You cross the street & walk a few yards & come upon a crowd looking at a building across the street, the simple building which appears to be a store with a wooden sign hanging above the door saying Gim's Gewels on it, there is a large shattered hole in the window. You can see something inside but it's hard to make out from across the street + with the crowd gathered together. You do hear shouting & sounds inside, but with the crowd murmuring to themselves it's hard to accurately pinpoint what is going on inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×