Jump to content

haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

"Well Captain, I do truly appreciate the assistance with these ruffians. I am at the moment not in need of hiring a ship but I will look you up first if I do need one," Yarrin pauses for a moment. "You haven't by chance seen a sea elf near the dock area would you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gilhurst--

 

Upon looking down to the sound, you are startled that you didn't see the person in the first place, but your even more surprised to see that the person is a small female halfling child with very big eyes. "So watcha yah doin? Can I come up there too, can I can I???" Your attempt at bluffing her seems to work, as she doesn't seem to wanna go for help to "report you", but she looks like that would be fun too. "Mom & Dad never let me climb big things, they say I'll get hurt or my ears & my nose will grow very big if I do, but they aren't here right now." she points to one of the houses that you just scanned for occupancy. "So can I, pleeeeeeeeeassseee?" She has those big doe eyes going right now.

 

Gil looks at the girl, and kindly says, "Sweety I don't know if you should, what if your Mom or Dad shows up. Or what if one of your neighbors sees you and tells your parents?"

 

He climbs down from the wall to stand in front of the girl. "Besides, you might need to go clean up behind you ears," using prestidigitation he pulls an illusionary coin from behind her ear and drops it into his coinpurse (sleight of hand to make the purse jingle as if a real coin were dropped in there.) "I think there might be more back there but I can't quite get to them."

 

He smiles at the girl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rylek (aka Zaak Moonshadow ---- hehehehehe forgot character name there for a while) tries to get a better vantage point by moving closer to the broken window. In the process he tries not to bring any attention to himself in the process. If he makes it to the window successfully he looks inside to see if he can gather what the issue is inside.

 

Upon looking around he tries his spot ability (spot roll = 16) for anything distinguishing that may spark a memory or something he may have run across. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That's it! That's the spirit!" Vieta yells almost gleefully to the dwarf as he duels against his own respective opponent.

 

Twirling his sword and moving his body in a jerky rhythm, as if to slightly throw off his opponent, Vieta suddenly, with a coarse, violent shout, snaps out with an attack, swinging his blade at the Orc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gilhurst--

 

"OH WOW!!! THANKS!!!" the little girl almost has the squeeee!!! :blush: look to her as you give her the coin purse. She takes the pouch, shakes it to hear the jingle & then promptly gives you a big bear hug saying "thank you thank you thank you, no one has been so kinda to me before, now I can buy a piece of jinglefruit!!" (this being a hard type of candy) & with that she runs off (make a spot check btw).

 

 

Yarrin--

 

"I haven`t be seein' a sea elf in awile, but none here Sasserine in awile. I`ve had a wee a crew, but they be fer underwater stuff, seein' that they dasn't breath air very long."

"Why ye missin' one? Bein' th' we seem t' be shipmates here hows I buy ye a drink & we can talk more about this, me bung hole be dry & 'tis been awile since I had one + we could talk more about this ship ye might be havin' in th' future."

 

Amella also points to the 3 sailors as well. "Dasn't worry about th' dead one, jus' toss his corpse by th' buildin', 'tis nay like th' city watch cares what goes on here in Shadowshore, anymore, th' other two let them go & run wi' the'r tail between the'r legs."

 

"Let`s go be havin' that drink now!!!"

 

Zaak (whoops he he)--

 

Your able to run across the street & creep up on the window, as it appears no one is watching that part of the building, as you get closer you start to hear sounds of a brawl inside + a male voice saying "That's it! That's the spirit!" & a "AGHHH!!! I will cleave your skull in & Shargaas will have his way, fool!!! Also as you get near you see the back of a long haired person with a purple shirt holding a hand crossbow at a dwarf. The both are behind a wrecked showcase. Also as you were crossing the street, you did notice a couple people running off, yelling "Watch!! watch!!!" & the rest of the crowd is just watching from afar, doing nothing.

 

Vieta--

 

"AGHHH!!! I will cleave your skull in & Shargaas will have his way, fool!!! as you strike the half orc in the arm without the tattoo, leaving a nasty gash, doesn't look like it struck deep, but the wound is bleeding pretty badly. The half-orc retaliates by doing a full 360 degree spin & swing his flail at you with a wild swing but does connect with it this time, he strikes the right bicep & the chain wraps around your arm & the ball digs in deep (he did 7 points of damage to you. Also if your weapon is in that hand, you need to make a Disarm check, to see if you drop your weapon or not). He just gets a big toothy smile, you see his teeth are a nasty yellow & his breath is just as nasty, thou you do get to see a gold tooth in the process.

 

Carston drops the crossbow & pulls out rapier & engages the dwarf. "You should have paid, cur now we have your shop as private stockroom!!" with that he swings at the dwarf but steps on a gem that had fallen to the ground from the broken case & misses, "Curse!!" spats Carston.

 

Gim replies by giving him a bat to the leg with his club & says "I've live under your "protection" far too long, Car'. I'm going to rid myself of you forever & the rest of your gang as well, if they decide to show their face around here!!. Carston, stumbles under the blow but nothing serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan (Voladilk)--

 

Your body feels like it wants to explode under the heat of the hellfires that surround it, not to mention the pounding inside your head from being upside down + the pain of the hot steel stakes driven in your hands & ankles to the black stone. "Pitiful mortal, why do you struggle when you could feel nothing & just embrace what you think haunts you" says a low, evil voice. A dark figure passes by you."You struggle to keep conscious during all of this. "No more running, no more hiding, just power that you could never imagine wielding, but you struggle against it, why? Fool!" & with that you hear something cut the wind & a force smash into your chest, along with a hideous laughter........................"What, hu?? ughhhh" you scream as you awake from anther dark nightmare that have haunted your thoughts the recent weeks, ever since you learned of your origin from old Mikeal, the old ex-butler, turned priest that told you of what haunts you & what you are these days.

 

Again anther night in the alley with the rats & the city riff raff, thou this time you awake in the middle of the afternoon, a bottle of something next to your side, thou not shattered thus you must have conscious enough to set it down instead of letting if fall on it own. As you fully take in your new surroundings you notice something out of the ordinary this time around, a small old female gnome standing near you thou not to invade your space. "Greetings, I am sorry I disturbed you. I was about to leave this,(she hands a letter with a stylized V imprinted in the wax seal) by you. Lady Vanderboren, my employer requests your presence & services. Hopefully it'll be worth your time & effort by attending. With that she gives a bow & turns to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil waves as the girl traipses off. (I biffed the spot with an 8) A she moves out of sight he wanders around the corner odf the wall to nvestigate the little tributary and the potential of an aquatic enterance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well of course a drink would be more than welcome," Yarrin replies. "Not that the drink in these parts is going to be the best perhaps but it will wet your whistle sure enough. As far as the ship.....well that remains to be seen now doesn't it."

 

 

Yarrin scans for a semi respectable (for Shadowshore) and leads off knowing that Procan certainly has something in store for his future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shaking off yet another nightmare, Tolan cracks the seal on the letter, scanning the contents. As he reads further through the invitation, a faint glimmer of hope sparks in his mind that perhaps this might be an opportunity to figure out how to break the curse that has led him to this point of shame.

 

Shading his eyes against the mid-afternoon sun, Tolan tries to figure out which alley he happened to pass out in this time. He wanders off in the general direction of the Vanderboren manor, working out the stiffness in his joints and fighting off the inevitable hangover that always comes from drowning himself in the bottle.

 

"I wonder what this Lady Vanderboren might know about my curse. If she truly can help me, then perhaps something can be negotiated that will satisfy both our needs," Tolan says to himself, yet another scheme forming in his mind. "I will just have to be careful this time and not let things get out of hand like last time."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Rolled 10 + 2 (12) cuz of the cutlass basket hilt bonus]

 

"Argh, ya dirty dog! Ya half-breed bastard!" an enraged Vieta shouts, shaking the chain loose from his sword arm.

 

Regardless of whether or not he dropped his sword, Vieta will back up to give himself some space between him and the half-orc, preferably behind a counter for cover, and will attempt to reload his pistol if possible. If not, then, he will nonetheless try to leap over the counter and behind it, putting an object between him and his opponent.

 

(ooc- not sure if reloading a pistol is a move or a full action. Also, is a jump a move action?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zaak slowly grabs his bow and knocks an arrow. Keeping the bow below the window pane. He then peers through the window to see if anything is familiar to him, ring - tattoo - scar - or a familiar face. :unsure: [spot roll = 8 + skill 6 ==== 14]

 

If he doesn't recognize anything at all he yells, "Whats going on in here"?........ :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zaak--

 

Nothing appears to be recognizable to you, really the only thing that looks constant is the human that just dropped his hand crossbow to fight the dwarf in melee & the half-orc fighting the human are both wearing purple shirts. You yell into the broken area of the window, "oh lovely, anther one!!" yells the human with the dwarf.

 

Vieta--

 

You manage to keep ahold of your weapon, as you shake the spikes & chain from you arm. (Jump is part of your move action, so yes). You take a 5 foot step back to avoid the AofO from Molok & dive over the counter behind the dwarf. It's a standard action to reload a firearm.

 

"Bah!!" "Whats ah mahter, scum a I hurt you & now you run, what a mighty hero!!" Molok turns & swings as you dive behind the counter but his flail just chunks into the wooden counter.

 

Thou as you dive behind the counter you hear a voice call into the room "Whats going on in here?" from the broken area of the window.

 

"Oh lovely, anther one!!" yells Carston "I see you have more friends than I thought. Gimmy!!" Hey cuts the air with his rapier intending to stab the dwarven jeweler in the heart but misses thou he does stab the dwarf badly in the shoulder "Aghhhh!!!" Gim drops to one knee, his dwarven pride not allowing him to drop fully to the ground, thou he appears to be in alot of pain.

 

Gilhurst--

 

You watch the little halfling girl skip off, all of a sudden you see her with something that looks familiar, your coin purse spinning on her finger "Suuuuccccckkkerrrr!!! la la la la". You didn't have much but it was enough for a bed to sleep on & to get you by. Whatever coinage you had, is now gone.

 

Yarrin--

 

"Ah!!! good I knew ye`d be seein' 't me way, I know o' a grand tavern that sells th' best rum in th' town, 'tis th' Plucked Parrot, 't offers also a grand view o' Parrot isle, arrr as well as th' rest o' Sasserine." She helps you toss the sailor into a alley & then shoos the other two away, "get off wi' yah, go bother someone else!!!". The two drunks scurry off around a corner & are long gone. She then pulls her bolt out of the dead sailor's skull "nereknow when ye might run out" & then leads you to the Plucked Parrot.

 

Tolan

 

 

You gather yourself in time to see the gnomish lady & her human associate walk away out of the alley & beyond your view. Luckily, no other person is in the alley at this time & surprisingly for Shadowshore its cleaner then most as well. (Also note the invitation is at the first of this adventure just the day of the dinner has been changed to tonight, if you didn't remember.). You see a street clock saying the time is around 300 pm (note to everyone, Tolan is about an hour ahead of everyone else), so you have about 4 hours till the dinner with Lady Vanderboren. You think to yourself it's been awile that you've been to Merchant District other then to try & sell a trinket or two to survive. You also noticed in your pocket you only have a couple coppers so a gondola ride across the bay to Merchant District is out of the question, somedays you wish for a "normal" life....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Whats going on in here"?........

 

"What the hell do ya think's goin' on, ya bloody dog?!" Vieta shouts the response in wild excitement as he sheates his blade. Loosening the powder horn strapped to his belt and bitting the cap off, he dunks a fair chunk of the black dust down the barrel of his pistol. Hastily, he produces a small lead ball from his pocket, plops it down his pistol and, with the rod, jams the ammunition firmly to the bottom of the barrel.

 

With a flick of his thumb and a swirl of his arm, Vieta arrogantly spins the pistol on his trigger finger, cocking the hammer back in one smooth motion as the gun finished its revolution and landed right back onto his palm.

 

Looking up and seeing that he has at least some cover between him and the Orc, Vieta turns notices the dwarf in trouble. Taking a few more step to give himself even more distance between the Orc, and to get a bit more closer to Gim, Vieta goes on his knees and raises his pistol, steadying the gun with both hands taking aim, waiting for a clear shot before firing at the one-eyed thug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeping an eye on both her and my money I go into the Plucked Parrot. Not the best tavern by any means but far from the worst I'm wandered into I find a table near the front just in case, heck who am I kidding, when trouble starts. At least its easier to dodge the flying bodies when you can shift to the street rather than take your chances against a back wall. I order water since I rarely drink much else and what I hope has a closer resemblance to soup than the last time I was in this area. Dinner was still quite a bit off and it was hard to tell whether the menu would even be palatable, just because they're rich doesn't mean they know what real food is.

"So just what kind of ship are we talking about my dear Captain?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wanting to risk an encounter with the guards in the Cudgel district, Tolan despondantly takes a dip in the bay and swims from Shadowshore to Parrot Island, goes for a brisk walk around the island to the Merchant District side and then swims to the nearest point of land in the Merchant district. Thoroughly soaked and dripping, he wanders through the district, gazing into interesting windows and wishing for more coin. As per his usual habits, Tolan always keeps an eye open for trouble and also for opportunity should it arise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×