Jump to content

haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

Zaak yells back into the broken window, "What did you say human?" [slowly drawing back his bowstring with knocked arrow below the windowpane]. At the first sight of aggression toward's him he will raise and shoot at the offending party. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan--

 

You get to the shore & wade out into the bay, & start your swim to Parrot Island. Some passerbys give you a glance but nothing comes out of it. After a brisk swim to the north eastern shoreline of Parrot Island you shake off the wetness of the water & start your walk around to the south eastern side of the beach before it turns into rocky walls again. Parrot Island being named due to noisy, brightly colored parrots that habit the isle in the dense trees, thou thickly vegetated & mostly surrounded by 30 foot-high rocky outcroppings, the isle does have a small sandy narrow beach on it's eastern side. You spot no one on the isle as you walk the beach, tunnels below the surface of the isle in the past was a hangout for smugglers & other ne'er-do-well but is now abandoned, thanks to the vigil watch of Cudgel & Champion District watchmen.

 

As you reach the end of the beach & make your dive into the water you take in the beauty of the isle & it's feather residents, simple, peaceful & nice change of pace for you. The water being comfortably warm, espically for this time of the season is refreshing after your walk. You have anther uneventful swim to the shore of the Merchant District, upon reaching the shore you see a building with a sign saying Tempial's Wares & to the right of it are 2 long docks, which one has a ship moored to it. It appears that it is getting ready for a sea voyage, as allot of cargo is being brought aboard by all manner of races, everything from elf to your standard human. Upon fully emerging from the water, a dockworker gives you a glance but goes about his way, & picks up something in a bundle & goes aboard the ship. A person, a elf by slim build, his head is covered by a cloth, holding a book with a quill, shouts "HEY YOU, YES YOU, COME OVER HERE!!" He has an accent but you can understand him thou. It's taken you about a hour to hour & half by your accounts of the swimming & walking to get to where you at now.

 

Yarrin--

 

You come upon the the Plucked Parrot, you know it's the building when hanging outside is a dried up body of a parrot devoid of feathers sitting in perch inside a big cage. The building appears to be 3 stories tall. Upon opening the door, you enter the common room, there is a crowd, from the looks of the place it appears to be mostly sailors, dockworkers & other kinds of nautical professions. You take a seat by door, Amelia gives you a look but sits down next to yah.

"Water!!! HA HA HA HA Well " :devil: " me blind, nature boy, rum be what ye want!!! "Ye know rum be from th' poop deck, 'tis jus' we fine tune th' ingredients ah bit more than Merikka (this is one of the goddess that counts agriculture among her items of interest) intended them t' be HA HA HA HA HA!!! "ahoy Missy, couple o' flamers here, thou make one a grog fer me mate here will yah, he be jus' in a swashbuckle, if ye called that!! Ha Ha Ha!!! The barmaid walks over to the bar & tells the barkeep, a grizzled old man, many years old by the looks of him, thou it might just be the wear & tear of the sea or Shadowshore on his skin, who knows.

 

Upon gettin settled in, you take a look around the place, better then you thought really, as Amelia said there is a big glass window that overlooks the bay & to your right outside the windowis Parrot Island & straight ahead is the Mechant District, where you see ships docked & other daily going ons. Also you see a large wooden dock that connects to the Plucked Parrot's deck that is outside for outside dining or carousing , as the place is also a inn. You see the desk where a small halfling woman sits takin patrons coins for rooms that are upstairs. Behind her is a staircase that goes upstairs, you assume that is where the rooms are. The place is pretty busy, the smell of fish & other sea smells hangs in the air as well, but par for the course with this many sailors in here. The girl, a human teen brings your drinks, she gives you a slight smirk & sets down the drinks. "That'll be 6 coppers please." she says, her voice seems so out of place. "Jus' keep a tab on me, missy I be gonna be here awile" replies Amelia, & with that girl goes back to wiping a empty table down. There are two more barmaids in the place as well, it's amazing the 3 of them can keep up with the crowd.

 

"Ship, I be a experienced jack o' these waters, me husband Heldram Flashwell (with saying his name she pauses) & I be a great team till a son of a biscuit eater o' gnome, Shortstone Badgewell & his " :devil: " gnome gang betray us, at sea even. "" :devil: " gnomes. " "Neretrust them, they will stick yah when ye least expect it" "this is how I got this"--she points & slightly rubs the scar on cheek. "Wee son of a biscuit eater stabbunk me husband in th' gut durin' a argument o'er 'ere t' port one tide & then had his boys hold me down as I watched th' lad's sink t'Davy Jones' locker. Granted th' " :devil: " did give me a chance t' live & had me dropped into a dingy, along wi' me husband`s corpse, that`s be when he gave me the momento of our "partnership"". "I watched th' " :devil: " sail away on me ship, I`ll find th' lad's & his boys & gut th' lad's so hard & run his skinny " :devil: " up a jolly roger pole. I rowed t' th' nearest shore & buried Heldram near th' beach, he always did like th' beach........." with that she slams the mug down her throat, "Missy, anther one!!!!"

 

 

Vieta & Zaak--

"I said, anther hero & from the looks of yah a pointed ear freak too....... :grr: " With that Carston jumps back to the wall & pulls a slim throwing dagger out, ( both of yah makes spot checks).

 

Zaak-As Carston is backing up you let the arrow fly but it barely misses the rogue, he's pretty quick. The arrow chunks into the wooden wall next to him.

 

Vieta-Out of the corner of your eye you see Carston pull his rapier out of the dwarf & jump back to the wall, pulling a dagger & with out the blade in him the dwarf crumples to the ground, barely holding the wound with a limp arm, but your focus is on Molok, with the pistol, the half-orc gets a wide eye look on him as you fire a blast at him, the old pistol holds the shot & your aim is true, the bullet smashes the burly fighter right square in the forehead, the gunpowder also showering his face fully due to the range, the blast lifts him off the ground & hurls him backwards, as he hits the ground his hvy flail goes ah flyin & he doesn't stir (rolled a 20 + to hit + for dmg a 10 + 8 + 7 + 6 =31 pts of dmg :lol:)

 

Gim just lies on the ground, barely clutching the wound in his shoulder, his movements are slow, he is slowly dieing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And stay down." Vieta mutters as he stares down at the corpse of his foe. He spits on the ground and stands up straight, as if the battle was over.

 

Then, with the realization that trouble was not yet gone, Vieta reaches for his horn and dunks another load of blasting powder down the hot, charred barrel of his pistol, loading another round before cracking the hammer back. He spins on his feet, taking careful aim at the rogue but stopping short of firing.

 

Clearly and loudly, he shouts:

 

"You! This your last warnin', mate." Vieta warns. "Put down yer blade and yield or you're gonna be keepin' your friend company."

 

(Vieta attempts to persuade the thug to yield.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had over the coppers letting Amelia's tab start from zero, well at least zero as far as I'm concerned. "Every race has their blighters and it sounds like you've found the gnomish version of them. Procan will curse those who foul His waters so I wouldn't put the chance of you getting to see your ship to far from you."

Yarrin pulls the grog closer but doesn't take a drink instead leaning over it continuing our conversation. The smells don't phase him in the slighest since it all reminds him of the sea and his calling. Yarrin continues on seeing just how much is bluster and how much Amelia really knows both about the sea and the situations in the area. (Sense motive roll 11+ 4: 15 total)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zaak thinks to himself [For the Love of Ehlonna]. He sees the the human with the purple shirt and says, "Are you sure you want to continue beings your 'friend' is practically dead on the ground bleeding all over floor?" [Meanwhile if he has the time he is going to knock another arrow.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan saunters over to the elf slowly, giving himself time to study the man a bit more. As he approaches he replies, "Aye? What do ya want wi' me?" He tries to get a glimpse of what the elf is writing to get some idea of what is going on, whilst constantly keeping an eye open for betrayal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil shakes his head as the girl slips out of sight. Thinking, "looks like it's a stable for bed tonight, should have know better, never trust a halfling further than they can throw you...geuss it'll be less weight if I need to swim" He forces a bit of a smile and stokes the hilt of the dagger given to him, "I guess it could have been worse."

He turns and rounds the corner still intent on checking out the little inlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan--

 

 

As you approach the elf, he shouts to a goods loader "Be careful with that one, it's is irreplaceable!!! As you get close you see his skin is tanned on his head is a dark red headwrap, hanging from his ears are giant gold loops. He is wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a long, royal purple vest that hangs too about mid-thigh, as you get close you see it has a intricate pattern of gold in it. He is also wearing gold bracelets & many rings on his fingers. He is wearing dark red trousers & he is wearing plain sandals. Around his waist is a black silk sash & thrust into the sash is a scimitar with a gold pommel encrusted with various colored gems. As you get close you notice that under his eyes on his cheeks are small tattoos.

 

"Ah Masaa al-Khair or as you say in your tongue, Good afternoon" I am Sheikh Khuzaymah ali-el Altair " he bows to you "or as before in your tongue Lord Kuzaymah of the Eagle" as he says that you notice on his ship starting at the masthead a eagle & the carving of feather wings that go back along the top & sides of the ship, you also notice his colors that he is flying are a dark red with a medium purple with a golden eagle outstretched on it, also this symbol as well--lg_zeif.jpg. "I am from the Sultanate of Zeif & this is my vessal. I am a ruler of many people & lord of land as far as the eye can see but my heart belongs to the sea. thus you find me hear." "I have come to Sasserine on a buisness trip to trade wares from my homeland to hear so I can trade back in mine." "The journey is long & I am behind & you look like the sort that could use some gold, as I don't see many swim the waters fully dressed, ha ha." "So what you say good man, care to earn some coin?"

 

You notice also a tall (6'11") dark, almost black skinned human with a shaved head wearing the same kinda of dress but no shirt & a short vest & not as fancy thou still fine attire standing near the Sheikh, he is eying the workers & now you. He is holding a polearm.

 

Yarrin--

 

Surprising the drink doesn't smell that bad. As you try to gauge Amelia she starts to talk about some of the ports & nearby areas that her & her husband, Heldram visited. She doesn't seem to be hiding anything. She also talks about out on open waters, how peaceful it was & at other times, it felt like the armies of the Nine Hells were upon them & their ship. She also talks about her ship, the Jaded Lady, from her description is sounds like it was caravel, your basic sailing ship. She says they tried to keep the crew to minimum, more or less to keep the tightness among the crew, until the day they hired Shortstone & his gang.

 

After a few drinks, Amelia says "Sorry t' bore ye wi' me past, normally I be nay so open about 't, but thar be somethin' about ye that I like, also nay normal fer me since th' run in wi' that son of a biscuit eater gnome." "So all this time I`ve talked about myself, so how`s a wee bit about ye? I notice ye worship Procan (with that she says a soft prayer)." "Also what be up wi' jus' th' one drink!!!"

 

It doesn't feel like it but, a couple hours have past during your time here, sometimes being wrapped up in conversation does that to yah. Also the Plucked Parrot is also fuller with more of the same seadogs & sailors that frequent the place.

 

Gil--

 

You walk around the side & see that it's just a small opening that is barred off in the wall where the sea water flows into a pond that is part of the manor's landscape. There is no traffic in this area & no one afar if you decide to scale the wall again.

 

Vieta & Zaak--

 

Zaak you notice something on the blade of the throwing dagger, right as he it throws in your direction, "Here hero have a present!!" Carston skillfully throws the blade through the hole in the broken window, striking you for only 1 pt of dmg but the world starts to spin a little bit (make a save vs poison) as the blade strikes you in the arm, but before that you do get a arrow off, but the rogue moves out of the way, just barely as he seems to be running out of room to dodge.

 

"As for you, beachrat, you'll pay for what you did to my brother I may not have like his mother, disgusting thing, but he was family". With that he reaches for his belt & pulls a vial out.

 

Vieta you load the weapon & can fire it the next round

 

Molok the half-orc appears to be dead, as he doesn't move after hitting the ground with a thud

 

Gim's shoulder/chest wound starts to bleed more onto the ground as his hand falls limp to the ground, he's still alive but just barely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil scales to the top of the wall (Climb check of 19). He loooks about to see if the area is still vacent then uses detect magic to see if there are any possible wards or other magic in area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing his opponent pull out a vial, Vieta cocks his head sideways and shuts one eye, taking careful aim, lining his opponent's upper body against the silouhette of the pistol's sight, intent on killing his enemy before he tries anything.

 

"Your choice, mate." Vieta mutters and opens fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan considers the elf's words carefully before responding, thinking back to his younger days of tutoring he tries to remember anything he can about the colours and symbols around him (Knowledge Check roll: 18). After pausing a moment, he replies to the elf, "Why yes mate, I could use a bit o' coin. As with many of us, times are tough and work is limited. What do you propose and how much is the take?" Tolan does his best to appear to ignore the dark skinned man, while sizing him up at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yarrin begins to speak more of his past than he usually does but even with the disarming nature of Amelia he holds back some. As the time lengthens he realizes that there is of course a meeting that must be kept.

 

"Time and tide call, at least for a bti," Yarin says smiling. "I of course wouldn't mind talking a bit more and as I said I have a feeling that a captain will be needed before long. Procan doesn't weave a person's path for no reason. Where can I find you?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yarrin--

 

"Aye, I be stayin here at th' Plucked Parrot, nay sure how long I`ll be on shore leave, but starboard now I be docked fer 30 days here,at least that be what th' dubloons bought, ha ha ha." "Be good t' know ye, Yarrin, & if I be available I`d captain yer ship fer ye!" She downs anther mug of beer. She seems to holdin her own with what she has drank.

 

As you get up to leave you notice the young barmaid, give you a crooked smile before you she is pulled away to attend to anther patron. Time is around 530 PM or so, the Parrot has no clocks inside, but the Tavern is starting to fill up with thirsty & hungry patrons.

 

Tolan--

 

You recall that symbol being the Crest for Sultanate of Zief, the largest single nation of the Baklunish (Descendants of the human inhabitants of the ancient Baklunish Empire, think Arabs of our world). Its northern and eastern boundaries are formed by the Dramidj Ocean and the Gulf of Ghayar (the Janasib Isles remain stubbornly independent), while its eastern border is formed by the Tuflik river. Grasslands five way to fields along the Tuflik, and in most of the area north of the town of Antalotol. Zeif's climate is balmy along the coast though her interior has cold winters and very hot summers. Zeif's broad southern border is the open plain, still dominated by the uncounted tribes of Paynims. You recall some geography lessons, & relize the ship is a long long way from home (pretty much the ship will have to sail East to get home, spanning almost the entire globe of Oerth (the planet Greyhawk is on). Nothing can be brought about the Shiekh thou.

 

You catch a glimpse of his "clipboard" as he bows & all you could see was some squiggly lines , no doubt probably his language & some checkmarks. The dark man gives you look for ignores you for the most part. "Ahhh, excellent!!! I just need you to move cargo onto the ship & to it's hold, it's not much but it's simple. I can give you 25 gold for your time." He produces a small pouch & it jingles as he moves it in his hand. "So what do you say? hmm??" The man's eyebrow lifts as he holds out the pouch of coins.

 

Gil--

 

You climb the wall with ease, as you get to the top, you look around to the ground, just in case a certain halfling girl is waiting again... As you get the top, you notice your spot puts you just slightly out of sight of the main entrance, so you move a bit forward, looking around for anyone, but no one seems to notice your there. As the entrance comes into view, you wave your hands & place them together to form a cone & mutter a magical word & nothing on the grounds of the manor glows, nor the manor itself (like windows or the gate entrance).

 

After you cast your spell you do notice a group of 4 people walk into the manor, they don't see you as they are talkin amongst each other, one is laughing, the group consists of a tall human with a beard, wearing a breastplate, but his clothes look rustic & outdoorish, on his belt are 2 shortswords. Next to him (the one laughing) is a male half-elf. On his back is a bow & arrow, but slung across chest are daggers on a bandoleer & inbetween his laughs he twirls a dagger up in the air, & skillfully catches it his hand. Behind them is a balding male dwarf in chain mail with a battleaxe on his shoulder & beside him with her hands up in the air saying "I did not do that!!" as the half-elf laughs, is a slim young woman with jet black straight hair that goes down her back. She is wearing a green robe that is accented by gold lining, she also has gold jewelry around her neck & wrists, at her belt hangs a dagger. They walk up to the manor door, knock & the same gnomish woman that gave you your invitation answers, & shows them in.

 

A few minutes later the gnome & anther human, a tall man dressed in leather & wearing a longsword walk to the gate & they walk toward the northern bridge the connects this part of Merchant District to Stirge Street. In her hand is a leather messenger bag.

 

 

Vieta & Zaak

 

ok the initiative order is this

 

Carston, the rogue

Zaak

Veita

Molok of course is dead

Gim, the dieing dwarf

 

"Anther time, anther place ha ha you slow witted beach rat" with that Carston, pulls the stopper from the vial & put it to his mouth, his form turns to a mist & he floats out the broken window.

 

Zaak, as you pull the slim throwing dagger out of your arm, a slight sick feeling comes upon you but you gather your footing & come out of it, something on the dagger must have cause the feeling but being in good health save you from whatever it was.

 

Vieta?

 

Gim bleeds......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the rogue flee, Vieta curses under his breath. He quickly rushes to the window, noting in which direction the mist flew if he can discern it. Then, seeing that the dwarf is dying, Vieta holsters his pistol and kneels next to him, inspecting the wounds and seeing how he might help, whether by bandaging the wound(s) with a piece of shirt cloth or such.

 

"Hey, stranger..." Vieta calls out to the man outside. His left hand rests on the butt of his pistol, just in case the man was not friendly.

 

"We got a dwarf here, he's dyin'. Get some help!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×