A Tide arrises......

"Aye, no offense taken, my lady." Vieta says with rather unusual kindness. If such remarks had come a, in all honesty, less-attractive person, he might have considered drawing.

Vieta continues eating until he hears Yarrin speak to him.

"Well," Vieta says, forking a bite of the main course into his mouth and chewing noisely. "You'd be surprised, mate, at how godless some sailors can be. At least, the ones I've been around were... But nonetheless, no denyin' we be a superstitious lot. I'm sure if you give'em a good scare in the right place, they'll abandon boat real quick-like."

"Or," this time, Vieta sips on his second glass of wine. "Worse comes to worse, if they be true sailors, kill off whoever is payin' them, and they go somewhere else."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm up for the task, m'lady. I'll even attempt it alone if all of these other good folk refuse, and they would be well within their rights to do so." Malrae speaks out. "I owe this family much for giving me a chance when others wouldn't. If it would help to entice the others to agree, I'll only take 50 gold crowns and the remaining 150 of my share can be divided amongst any others who decide to assist."

"Ach, you c'n keep yer gold, Lady! Ah'll do it fer repayment o' tha debt mah familly owes yers," Heleger says reverently.

"An' ah think we should joost beat on tha dishonest bastard oontil he coughs up tha lady's mooney," he says to the rest of the table.

"Well, unlike the others, I'm afraid I need the pay as my purses, erm... grew legs and walked, if you know what I mean. I will gladly take pard in this endevor." Gil says, in between bites. "Could you be so kind as to provide a bed for the night as well?"

"Aye, payment wise, I'd say..." Vieta says. "Would you mind an advance payment of 50 gold? I shall be needin' to stock up on some supplies if I'll be taking the job."

He scoops up the last few bites on his plates and eats it before putting the napkin upon the plate in a "done eating" manner. But, he refills his glass with a last cup of wine before settling back in his seat. His face is now slightly rosy and reddenned from the drinks.

"Do tell, where this boat be docked at, eh?" Vieta asks after clearing his throat.

"Would you mind an advance payment of 50 gold?"

Finishing up his dinner Zaak looks around the table and tells Lavinia, "I am in agreement with Vieta. I will need to resupply a little myself. Also if I may would it be possible to get a moment of your time if at all possible?" However before he folds up his napkin and places it on his plate he goes for yet another mug of ale.

"I will take part in this as well," Yarrin says solemly. "If it deals upon the water then Procan's voice needs to be there. I also have a feeling that your mother and I may have had quite simular philosophies and I hope to uphold that in her memory as well. Nature will always need defenders."

Hearing the others' voices of agreement, Tolan looks around at his fellow diners before speaking, trying to gauge the room. Deciding that this is a deal of honesty instead of his past troubles, he turns to Lavinia and says, "Lady, I think that we might just have the 'spark' needed to light a fire under this dog's rear end and get him to tell the truth about your money." At the word spark, Tolan snaps his fingers and a bright purple spark dances around his fingertips for a moment before disappearing. "I don't have many supplies of my own and thus do not need to resupply anything, just point me in the right direction and we will see what level of karmic justice can be given to this pitiful excuse for a man."

Hearing everyone talking, Vieta waits for a pause before finally saying:

"'Scuse me, m'lady. Seems everyone here, or at least most of everyone here, has some connections with you or your family, which brings up a question... How did you come to find me for such a job? How do you know who I am?" he asks curiously, changing the subject a bit.

You see a spark come to her eyes upon hearing everyone will take her offer. "I want to pay for your time, so please take the gold I've offered, even you Malrae. I know things can be rough, epically in your line of work." "Also if you are successful in this, I may have other offers for you to partake in."

"Alright, my ship, the Blue Nixie is docked on Pier number five, here in Merchant District (a simple knowledge check, tells you that the main docks for the Merchant District are on it's northern coastline near the harbor market & Merchant Guildhall, some of you even landed in that area before making your way to here). "It is the longest pier up there, you can recognize the 'Nixie by her sails, my father had a sail maker dye the sails a light blue & has the elven word for Nixie on the main sail, thou Vark probably won't have those up for you to see the symbol, unless he's ready to sail away." "Anther way, is the figurehead is carved to look like a nixie in flight."

"I don't have any gold on me right now, as I need to access my vault for that, but I can write up a writ of credit bearing my seal that you can use in the merchant district, for your supplies." "Will that work?" "Also stay here, The Strumpet's Excuse, the may sound a bit odd, but the owner is good hearted & he owes my father a few coins, tell him that instead of paying the money, to let you all stay there. He should agree to that."

"How did I come to know you, Vieta, hmm well I know your sister, Evelina due to the various parties that are held through out the year for the nobility in the city & she talked about you quite a bit, said you had become a accomplished sailor & was use to scuffles & such, said things about I'd like your type, why she said that I have no idea, but anyways." "I thought I'd take the chance & see if her stories about you were true, thus I sent that invitation to you"

"The rest I can say the same as well, I know people from your histories for the most part that decided that you might be able to help me." Helegar, your father's connection to mine. Yarrin, my mother was a druid, thou she worshiped Beory, but I decided to ask a member of their order to find me someone with skills similar to my mother's & your name came up & where I could find you or at least the vicinity. Tolan, Father Mikeal, told me about you, thou he didn't go into depth, he just said that you could be someone that I could count on for a job or series of jobs. Zaak, the dwarf, Baldwin said if you were anything like your father I could use your abilities. Gilhurst, the wizard Milthos, said I could use a person with skills like yourself, & of course Malrae, thou we didn't speak very often, when you were last employed by my family I do recall seeing you around & I heard that you were there the night of the incident, I thought you might like anther chance for working for this family.

"Please excuse me while I go write out that writ of credit for you." Lavinia gets up & leaves through the double doors.

"Aye, good ol' Evelina. She always was a social girl, wasn't she?" Vieta says with a smile, which suddenly disappears.

Aye me, I completely forgot. I'll be needing to pay 'em a visit later tonight. Probably find me a cozier place to rest there...

Meanwhile, Vieta finishes his glass of wine and flips the empty cup upside down and rests it on top of his plate, the napkin staining red where a few drops of wine trickled onto the fabric.

Then, he stands up and walks to the window, fishing out a clean toothpick from his pocket and uses it while leaning against the windowsill, looking outside and trying to determine what kind of weather is currently out there and what time it may be.

"So any o' y'all been on a boat?" he asks everyone, making small conversation.

While leaning, he casually reaches into his bag strung by his waists and pulls out his pistol. Checking its powder load and admiring the crafstmen ship as he always does, a fine weapon indeed, he gives it a gentle twirl, then, for all to see, he loops it iback nto his belt like how he always carries it, and stands leaning again.

After Lavinia leaves and Vieta asks "So any o' y'all been on a boat?" Tolan looks up and replies, "Yeah I been on a boat once...course it sprung a dozen leaks and sank before it left the harbour. Found myself swimming back to shore and soaked worse than a sewer rat. Last time I was on a boat. 'Course the captain blamed me for it as I was the new guy and the guy he was working for was crookeder than a 3 copper spear."

"This family has given me my life as I know it, m'lady" Malrae says proudly before Lavinia leaves the room. "It is my honor to be in your service again."

As the others discuss boating experience, he pipes in with an "I've been on a boat or two in my day. I think that most that were raised in this area have been at one point or another." but otherwise listens intently to the conversation and contributes only when addressed directly.

Gil smiles, "So am I the only one born in the city who hasn't been on a boat? I've been on a roof top or two but I imagine it nearly isn't the same thing."

He point's at a piece of bread laying on Malrae's plate, "You gonna eat that?"

"You are welcome to it, my new friend. As for your lack of boating experience, it seems to me that you will soon be gaining some worldly knowledge!" Malrae replies with a smile, handing the bread to the diminutive rogue.