A Tide arrises......

Gil, grins a large grin, "Aye, I imaging I'll be getting the quick lesson, when it comes to boats." He laughs and takes a bite of the bread.

"So are we going to rest up for the night or do we want to have a little midnight requisition trip rigt away?"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Since this shouldn't be an extremely long assignment," Malrae says, "I think that I'm sufficiently equipped at the moment to handle it. If, as the lady suggested, we are offered other opportunities after this job, then I may have to reconsider."

In response to Gil's query, Tolan replies, "I tend to do my best work at night. It seems to be a bit easier for me to get around than most I encounter. Lead the way my diminutive new friend and we shall see if we can make them dance." At the word "dance" a spark seems to dance across Tolan's fingertips and jump from one hand to another and then disappear. He grins evilly and looks at his compatriots.

So any o' y'all been on a boat? (Vieta)

So am I the only one born in the city who hasn't been on a boat? (Gil)

Zaak looks to the group and say's, "No you are not the only one who has never been on a boat. I myself don't like the things."

I tend to do my best work at night. Tolan

Facing Tolan Zaak say's, "I am in agreement with Tolan however. I myself like the night time hours as well. Seems as if people get themselves into interesting predicaments during the daylight. I am sure everyone has a few experiences of this type of situation."

{Thinking to himself ---- aye especially Vieta....}

[When all is said Zaak moves his way to the double doors so he might be able to catch a quick word with Lavinia.]

"I've been on the floaters most of my life, elf." Vieta says with a chuckle. "Like it or not, it puts gold in the purse..."

Looking over at Gil, Vieta shakes his head.

"Got other things to do, mate. We'll be needin' a place to meet, however, whenever possible, maybe tommorow morning. What's that place Lady Lavinia just told us about, what was it? Sounds decent for a little get-together, yeah?"

Then, resting his palm on the butt of his pistol, Vieta waits for the Lady to be done with her business and come out so he can at least give a polite farewell rather than just walk out. However, in the meantime, Vieta stands with his leaning posture, cracking the ache out of his neck.

"Aye," he says, this time to those he had not asked earlier. "Any of you mates got some pipe weed?"

"I've been a boat myself a few times in my time." Jared says to your question, Vieta. "Ha ha, one time, Arik & I were on a ship sailing toward the city-port of Blue in the Pomarj, up north." "We were on some diplomatic mission of peace of something, anyways we get to the port, do our business with a representative of his ole high & mighty, King Turrash Mok, the self proclaimed leader of his "empire where none has stood" the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj, anyways something went wrong & Arik & I had to beat feet out of city, had a :devil: load of goblinkin after us that day, ha ha" Jared laughs alot after this "ah damn, thinkin about that makes me really wish Arik was here to tell you his side of the story.." Jared adds.

"I myself have never been on a boat other then the gondolas that ferry people across the way here in Sasserine" Kora says as she is starting to clean up the evening's dishes. "Never have needed to leave the city, so never have needed to travel, not even to Cauldron" "Thou I've read the stories & seen maps of some of Arik & Larissa's adventures, wouldn't mind takin in the City of Greyhawk sometime, I hear is it's a sight to see."

Vieta-- as you look out the window you can roughly judge the time being about close to 9 pm or so, the skies are still cloudy but the rain has stopped for the moment.

Zaak--as you leave the party behind in the dininng room & have a look around tryin to find Lavinia, you come into the galleria, a door opens on the other side of the room. "Oh, you startled me." Lavinia says. "I didn't expect anyone to be wandering the halls of my home" "Pretty sad state really, my parents did put alot into this place. My brother & I were your typical kids growing up, really surprised that we actually posed long enough for that painting (she is looking at the one with Arik & Larissa flanked by the two small children), actually I was ok, my brother Vanthus was the hyper one, he was the one that would cause the trouble, well not that I wouldn't just he was the one that would get caught, he he." "He took the explosion pretty hard, really after that night he was quite somedays, thou he did have fits of being angry (she pauses a bit, make a Sense Motive check), which finally brought him to storm out of this house & I haven't seen him since."

"Really wish he was here he was the one that could use force on people when it was needed, he could handle Vark." "Thou I can't do anything about that, thus I have to use other methods, sorry I'm rambling, you said earlier you wanted to talk to me, & now you look like you want to find me, so what is it that you would like to discuss?"

[sense Motive Check - 16 + (mod2)=18]

[ Background: That was 2 years ago, your father wanted to travel to Sasserine to see a old friend, a dwarf of all people, & you are there are now, after seeing your father's friend to tell him the dreadful news, you've decided to make a name for yourself & also you've discovered who the symbol belong to, the Scarlet Brotherhood.]

Zaak, the dwarf, Baldwin said if you were anything like your father I could use your abilities. - Lavinia

"Lavinia my first question was going to be how you knew of my parents death but I was able to draw a little conclusion to that story myself. However I do still have a few more questions for you. The first would be what can you tell me about Baldwin and did you happen to know my father and Baldwins dealings with my father? The second question would be [Zaak hands Lavinia the ring of The Scarlet Brotherhood] what can you tell me of this organization -- The Scarelt Brotherhood? Finally [looking at the picture] which one is Vanthus again --- I will keep my ears and eyes out for any type of information that may be found."

Vieta begins to pace around the dining hall, glancing at some of the furniture and trinkets or decoration displayed (vases and the likes). He stops in front of the picture of Lavinia's brother and, with both hands in his pocket, looks at it closely.

Then, not really caring, he steps away and returns to his place by the window.

"So any o' ya know where I can find a clothing store near to here? Somewhere that's got some decent looking cloth? And might it still be open at this time?"

"So any o' ya know where I can find a clothing store near to here? Somewhere that's got some decent looking cloth? And might it still be open at this time?"

Tolan looks at the man and then looks at his current shabby and stained attire and replies, "I doubt that my tailor would be of any use to you my friend. And besides...I saw him dead in an alley last week so he really would not be of much use to anyone but the rats at this point, sorry."

GAME NOTE-- After readin the materials again & again, I noticed I kinda FUBARED something, the time of the explosion, I said 2 weeks ago, but the book says it's been a month, goin over some things & the way the story has progressed, a month seems more appropriate when you take account what kinda of financial situation the Vanderborens are in & such, so from this point on the time of the explosion happened a month ago, sorry about that.

Veita & others--

As you look at the picture closer you notice his facial features are a bit distraught (kinda of the "Smile!!! I don't smile" reaction), but you see the similarities between him & his sister, also you notice he looks a slightly older then Lavinia, but that might be due to the painting, your not sure.

Jared hears your request "Well there is the Tailor's Guildhall over on the eastern side of Merchant District, sit kitty-cornered from the Basketweaver's Guildhall. It's ran by older halfling named Kimko Lightfeet, she is pretty nice from what I've heard, thou I've never have had to deal with her, but I'm sure you can find something there, if your looking to buy new clothes the various markets, epically Harbor Market, which isn't open right now, but will be early mornin, I think 5 AM is when they start to open." "You could try those, epically Harbor, you can find practically anything there, well legal anyways, ha ha".

"If you need anything mended, I could look at it for you, I've had to mend some of Arik's shirt in the past" Kora adds. Kora looks at you Tolan & asks "Oh my what happened, were you jumped by ruffians?" "Shame to waste life that way for a little bit of coin"

Zaak--

You sense something, but can't place why she paused a bit.

"Well I didn't know your father nor your mother, all my information comes from Baldwin,who worked with Helegar's father back when they teamed up with my father & Jared. There was one other in their group, well beside my mother, but he tried to betray the group due to some big treasure horde they aquired but he paid for his treachery when a bridge he was standing on suddenly broke apart & he fell to his death in some ravine, or at least that's what my mother told me." "One of those, don't be greedy kinda saying."

"This was a few years ago when my father & mother were active in adventuring groups & such until they decided to just become a duo in their adventures & such." "The entire group disbanded, Helegar deciding he should go & rule his own kingdom instead of letting a a reliable proxy do it for him, Baldwin settling here in Sasserine, he is getting old now, at least by dwarf standards & such, & has retired from active adventuring, but him & your father were partners in allot of their doings." "They tried to end the whole elf hates dwarf hates elf stereotype, from Baldwin's stories they were sure a pair, his axe & your father's arrows, no goblin or orc stood in their way."

"Baldwin trusted your father with his life, & he knew your father had a son, you, that he knew would be trained in his ways & knew that he could be trusted for things like the job I've offered." "Really it was Baldwin, tryin to help a old friend or at least his kin out in a bit of hard times"

"Scarlet Brotherhood, well other then what has transpired here in Sasserine over the last few years (she asks if you know the history of Sasserine involving the Scarlet Brotherhood, if not she pretty much repeats what was said for Castle Teraknian, noted in a previous post), the Scarlet Brotherhood most often refers to the Great Empire of the Scarlet Brotherhood, a nation located on the Tilvanot Peninsula in the southeastern Flanaess. Sometimes called the Kingdom of Shar or "purity" in their tongue, the Scarlet Brotherhood is headed by a cadre of monastics, with final authority resting in the hands of the "Father of Obedience."

"The Scarlet Brotherhood is a caste society, valuing the Suloise race and culture above all others. Full citizenship is granted only to those of pure Suel blood who adhere to the Brotherhood's philosophy of Suel hegemony. Those who are of mostly Suel extraction have some rights, but not nearly as many as citizens. The lowest tier of Brotherhood society is occupied by its slaves, made up of non-humans and humans of "mongrel" blood."

"That is pretty much common knowledge or at least stuff you learn while studying other nations for diplomatic reasons & such.""Here in Sasserine, there is the Scarlet Embassy headed by a monk of the Scarlet Brotherhood, Father Anteki Alresian, located in Champion's District, but nothing ill has come from Father Alresian & his staff, since the embassy was built a few years ago, I've ever heard that he contributes to the public well being of Champion's District." "Which is strange as most know the Brotherhood is know for things as assassinations, slavery & worse, maybe he tryin to change their public image, I don't know, I just know he's no trouble."

"I'm sorry I can't be any more helpful on that, I'm sorry for the loss of your parents, we have something in common, which I hope can be turned into a positive for both of us."

"Well the most recent picture is the one in the dining hall, it was painted only about a 6 months ago or so by a local painter." "The ones left in here are just paintings I couldn't part with due to sentimental value & such, happier times for the Vanderboren name, but alas I'll sell these if I have too if it comes down to it."

"Let's return to the dining room so I can hand over this writ, I would like for you & fellow members to set out when you can." As she waits for you to start walking out of the galleria, she adds "Thank you, I really appreciate what you & the rest are doing for the Vanderboren name, for me."

Vieta waits, thinking how long it might take for him to walk to the Noble District at night. Maybe if he could a ride or something, or perhaps not. Oh well, a decent night for a walk as long as it doesn't rain...

"Which way do I go to get to the Noble District?" Vieta asks.

"If you need anything mended, I could look at it for you, I've had to mend some of Arik's shirt in the past" Kora adds. Kora looks at you Tolan & asks "Oh my what happened, were you jumped by ruffians?" "Shame to waste life that way for a little bit of coin"

Tolan looks down at his shabby attire and replies to Kora, "Nothing like that...well not recently at least. The ruffians know now to leave me be a bit, but when you live in shadowshore for most of your life, you don't tend to have nice clothes for very long and it is usually safer to not have them at all. And trust me, you get used to the smell after a few weeks." He turns to Vieta and says, "Well, these aren't his, but I do know where his are," and he gives Vieta a wink.

Vieta waits, thinking how long it might take for him to walk to the Noble District at night. Maybe if he could a ride or something, or perhaps not. Oh well, a decent night for a walk as long as it doesn't rain...

"Which way do I go to get to the Noble District?" Vieta asks.

Well the Noble District is that way," Gil points roughly NNE, " but to get there you have to walk all the way around starting that way, and he points south.