Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


Recommended Posts

"The entire group disbanded, Helegar deciding he should go & rule his own kingdom instead of letting a a reliable proxy do it for him, Baldwin settling here in Sasserine, he is getting old now, at least by dwarf standards & such, & has retired from active adventuring, but him & your father were partners in allot of their doings." "They tried to end the whole elf hates dwarf hates elf stereotype, from Baldwin's stories they were sure a pair, his axe & your father's arrows, no goblin or orc stood in their way."

 

"Here in Sasserine, there is the Scarlet Embassy headed by a monk of the Scarlet Brotherhood, Father Anteki Alresian, located in Champion's District, but nothing ill has come from Father Alresian & his staff, since the embassy was built a few years ago, I've ever heard that he contributes to the public well being of Champion's District."

 

"Well the most recent picture is the one in the dining hall, it was painted only about a 6 months ago or so by a local painter."

 

"Thank you, I really appreciate what you & the rest are doing for the Vanderboren name, for me."

 

Listening to Lavinia and waiting for her to finish Zaak takes a mental note of the most recent picture of Vanthus again and places it into his memory. He then looks to Lavinina and tell her, "Thank you so much for answering my questions. As I said before I will keep my eyes and ears open for any such information that may lead to your brothers where-a-bouts." With that being said Zaak bows to Lavinia and begins to follow her into the dining room where everyone is still waiting.

 

Thinking to himself, "In due time I shall have to pay this Father Anteki a visit after some surveillance but first things first there a job that needs to be done. However, if I happen across any of these Scarlet Brotherhood scum I am sure to cause them a little bit of havoc and unrest as well......."

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yes Noble District is a bit off from here, as Merchant District is formed by islands in the cover here." Jared adds to Gil's response. "Here I'll show you" & he runs off, a couple minutes later he turns with a large rolled up scroll. He places the scroll on the table & unrolls the parchament, it's a map of the city. He says "If can wait till morning, the gondola services should be all up, I'm not sure if they run this late at night." he points to the closest station to the manor, just down on the corner from the manor. "If you prefer to walk the way, you just take the bridge just outside the manor's main gate & go across & then follow Red Skink Lane down & across anther bridge, you'll be in Azure District by this time. Take Widow's Walk & go east till you get to anther bridge, cross that you'll come down on Crown Street, follow it all the way then turn Northeast & go across a bridge that'll come down onto Spice Street, follow that all the way till you get to the East Market." "You'll see the Ocean Way gates at this time, just go through & then turn Northwest this time along Whale Street, follow that till you get to the gate that seperates Azure & Noble & pass through & you'll be in the Noble District. Depending on where your going, but you'll be on the eastern side of Noble District"

 

At this time, Zaak & Lavinia return to the dining room. She places a parchment on the table, clearly showing the Vanderboren Crest & a a fancy signature with a waxed seal imprint afterwards, "Here is the writ of credit to be used at the various shops here in the Merchant District, my seal & signature are on the note, so that should validate it's use." "Also note, I did say 200 gold crowns for the reward for each person, but I will take out whatever is used by using the writ for supplies & such." with that she rolls the parchment up & places it into a scroll tube. "I don't know if your group has choosen a person to be the speaker of the group, a leader you might say, but I would like to give this to that person". She waits till someone steps up & with that she gives that person the tube.

 

"Attend to your supply needs & then please be prompt with the job with Solar Vark & his men, I'm not sure how much longer I can attend to daily well-being for this household without selling off things that hold dear to my heart"

 

"Again thank you for your time & wish all of you luck in this, as I said earlier if you are successful with this job, you might have other opportunities with the Vanderboren name that might strike your fancy."

 

"But now I must attend to other matters, before retiring for the night. Kora & Jared will show you to the front entrance."

 

"Good night, everyone."

 

with that she turns & leaves through a door by the fireplace.

 

"Ahh, I feel like fate has shined upon this house once again, epically after hearing 'Vinia laugh again tonight, been a long time since I've heard laugh like that." "I wish you all luck in this!!" Jared says proudly.

 

"Please, come with me, I'll show you to the door." Kora says & leads everyone back the way you came through for the dinner. As you approach the manor doors, she says "Thank you, for taking on this matter, I hope you can make this ruffian see the light." she says thank you to everyone before everyone leaves the manor. As you are leaving Jared says "May Kord give you strength to bash Vark's head in" "Oh Jared!!!" Kora says, as they close the door behind you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As Lavinia lays the credit note down on the table, Tolan looks around the group and says, "Don't look at me to be a leader. The last time I led anything everyone ended up dead but me. I don't want to risk that kind of thing happening again...there was too much trouble trying to convince the Watch that I had nothing to do with their deaths."

 

As he heads to the door, he turns to Gil and says, "What say we go have a peek at this ship of hers and see what we can find out eh?" He then heads off towards the docks and the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Zaak looks around as well and says, "I do not wish to be the leader of this party either."

 

"What say we go have a peek at this ship of hers and see what we can find out eh?"

 

Looking at Tolan he asks, "Might ya need a little bit of ranger skill out there Tolan. I too am curious to see what we will be dealing with down at the docs as well?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking at Tolan he asks, "Might ya need a little bit of ranger skill out there Tolan. I too am curious to see what we will be dealing with down at the docs as well?"

 

Tolan replies, "Any help would be greatly appreciated my new friend. Depending, a well placed arrow or two might just make this job much easier."

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Y'all have fun now." Vieta says as he steps out onto the streets.

 

"Have we determine where to meet? I'm afraid I have more pressin' business to attend to first."

 

With that he stretches and begins his walk to the Noble District, but not before adding.

 

"If y'all can tonight, find out which waterin' hole this Vark and his dogs go to tip their glasses. That's as good of information as any, for starters." he says.

 

[Vieta will walk to the Noble district with a quick but leisurely pace, keeping his eyes open for any trouble on the streets. He will head to the Vieta family home, hopefully still remebering the way there once he does reach the Noble District.]

Link to post
Share on other sites

At Yarrins words, Tolan replies, "Aye mate, you would be greatly useful in this venture I think. Anything you can add to the information we need against this Vark guy will be of great benefit. Let's head over that way and see what we can find out. We should also try to do what Vieta said and see about getting to know this guy's habits a bit better."

Link to post
Share on other sites

As the four leave the room to do their scouting and re-supplying, Malrae looks at the other two that are left. "Well, I guess that leaves the three of us. I've never lead anyone except the lower servants before, and I don't know how comfortably I'd feel giving orders to royalty. If you would accept the mantle Helegar, I'd like to nominate you to be leader of this band. I'd trust you to make fair decisions and be willing to help you in any way that I can."

Link to post
Share on other sites
As Lavinia lays the credit note down on the table, Tolan looks around the group and says, "Don't look at me to be a leader. The last time I led anything everyone ended up dead but me. I don't want to risk that kind of thing happening again...there was too much trouble trying to convince the Watch that I had nothing to do with their deaths."

 

As he heads to the door, he turns to Gil and says, "What say we go have a peek at this ship of hers and see what we can find out eh?" He then heads off towards the docks and the ship.

 

Gil quickly hurries after Tolan. Looking back over his shoulder as he heads out the door. "I'm anly used to leading myself. If, as Malrae suggested, Helegar you accept I would be honored to follow such a noble fellow."

Link to post
Share on other sites

in the tone you would hear on a soap opera--"the roll of Helegar will be played by Nicholas Cage.............errr the DM while Unglef resolves his computer problems"

 

"Achh, like I said to Lady V, I ran away from home, just got bored there, so much to see in the world + you can only bash orc & goblin skulls for so long, thou not sayin that isn't fun, which it is, just wanted a bigger challenge in me life." Helegar says but adds "Helegar will be fine, no reason to be callin me prince."

 

"I'll accept the nomination if no one else disapproves." Helegar looks at the other members to see if anyone challenges the ruling..."Then it's settled, I'll take the leadership for the party, thou I'll call on others if needed of course." He takes the writ & places it into his backpack. "Also I'll join yah you guys on the little scouting mish of Vark, never know when my ax might be needed."

 

before Vieta can start his journey, he adds "How about we meet at the Strumpet's Excuse??" "That is the inn Lady V said we could stay at, sounds like a good place"

 

Vieta--

 

The clouds start to clear up as you leave the group behind & make your trek to the Noble District using Jared's directions, or at least the bits you can remember clearly, the wine having some effect but nothing your not use to. You make your way into Sunrise District, more or less mostly residential & from the appearance of the houses a bit more well off then most of the districts in the city (as your walking you try to call on some know how about this district, you remember a bit that many of the residents have stakes in the various plantations that dot the surrounding regions. You also recall the ruling noble family is the Knowlern family & are elven, the only demi-human ruling family. Anther bit that comes to mind, is the family is known for preserving the natural life of the region, one such thing is the Standing Stone Park in the Southeast corner of the District).

 

While thinking of what you know about the District, you make your way up the long streets without much contact, until you make your way down Spice Street & your almost to the large clearing that serves as East market's home, you come to a lively tavern "The Dancing Dolphin". A party has spilled out on the streets, as you make your way through the partygoers you get bumped into by a lovely young lass with long red hair dressed in a sailor's shirt & a black vest & very tight fitting black breeches with knee high boots, of course a mug of alcoholic beverage is in her hand. "He sailor you almost made me spill my rum!! she flips her hair out of face, "So how's a guy like you end up out here without a rum in your hand, ha ha. Come!! "Rowyn Kellani is the name, partying is my game" (make a Knowledge check-Nobility). "Wanna dance?" she says, something about her is mesmerizng, you can't place it, wether it's her looks, the sounds of voice or the sweet smell of spice & jasmine that comes off her as she gets close to you & grabs your arm.

 

Tolan, Gil & anyone else going to look into Vark & friends

 

Helegar joins the group & you make your way over to Harbor Market area & where the docks are located at. Tolan, before leaving you utter a dark word & your eyes flare up a dark red & dim back down, the darkness doesn't seem so dark anymore to you. The party makes their way across a few bridges & you make your way up to the Gondola Way-station (some of you have been here already today) to your left is the longest dock in Merchant District a sign hanging from a pole notes Pier 5.

 

There are no taverns close to the docks, mostly guildhalls & shops, but looking around you do see a few off to the west or so. There is a few people meandering about, but for the most part the area is pretty clear of people. You do see a couple of District Guards but they give you a eye & then walk off minding their own buisness & such.

Link to post
Share on other sites
"I'll accept the nomination if no one else disapproves." Helegar looks at the other members to see if anyone challenges the ruling..."Then it's settled, I'll take the leadership for the party, thou I'll call on others if needed of course." He takes the writ & places it into his backpack. "Also I'll join yah you guys on the little scouting mish of Vark, never know when my ax might be needed."

 

"Glad to hear it my friend." Malrae says to the hearty Dwarf. "If it's all the same, I don't think that my particular skills will be of much use on the scouting mission. I'll head on over to the Strumpet and secure rooms and prepare my weapons and armor for tomorrow. A good night's rest would most probably not be out of order either."

 

With that he bids the others good night, giving a big bear hug to Jared and a slightly smaller one to Kora. He then gathers his equipment, which he left in the library, before heading off to the inn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Malrae

 

you make your way around the cove & up a Main Street then as you turn at the Minx Market, from the scantily cladded women hanging on a upstair balcony, a brothel. "Hey big boy, wanna do some exploring??" a comely voice sounds, as you turn to the voice a half-orc leans on a post, smoking a cigarette & blowing rings in the air "Hmmm I could be your long lost treasure??"

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm afraid that my funds at the moment do not allow for such pleasures m'lady," Malrae responds with a bawdy wink. "However, I have managed to secure a good paying job and may have to take you up on the offer upon my return!"

 

With that, he takes a quick left onto Stirge Street and then proceeds along Fish Rock Road until he arrives at The Strumpet's Excuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(14 roll)

 

Vieta stares at the young lass and, with look of a person who can't make up his mind, looks down the street to where he was heading.

 

Well... what the hey, family can wait. They ain't goin' nowhere...

 

He looks down again at the young girl, checking her out. A grin appears on his face as takes her arm and gives her a gentle twirl.

 

"Dance says you, eh? Gimme a grog and I'll give ya a dance, gorgeous."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...