Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

"Huh hoozair??" Zaak's bluff works & the man turns ever so slightly to "Veita".

 

Grimacing from the pain the man manages to turn back around & stands firm even with blood trickling from the multiple slashes. "Ahsa longbeerd, yousa cut I mon deep, bhut I mon keel yousa & your dertee mates ahsa I mon sayd beefor I mon bad mon!!! & he just grins.

Turning his head to Zaak he says "Ahsa for U, he he he, I mon Vank U to the depps of dee wahtah & then speet on yousa whutless ded corps, ha ha!!!!

 

Getting his short sword ready Zaak immediatly sees his oppertunity. With the bink of an eye Zaak immediatly steps into the mans side taking the arm out of the combat round. With ggrace and ease he uses the slightest motion to retrieve the sheathed swordsword from the hilt. With a sudden ferocity he slowly begins to see a glimmer of hope.

 

[Zaak is going to attempt to drive the short sword into the thugs ribcage from this short distance]

 

With his swing he strikes on the downward arc of the blade. Upon drawing blood, the man just smiles, & you see 2 gold teeth in the process.

 

Meanwhile Zaak slowly begins to feel the warm liquid slowly running down his shoulder from the thugs first attack. When his swing striked Zaak on the downward arc of the blade. Zaak looks the ear of the thug and whispers in his ear, "Feel this you peice of #$^^!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

[Attack Roll = 15 + Mod(4) = 19]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Round #5

 

 

NEW Initiative chart

 

Tie-

Helegar

Tolan

 

Tie-

Yarrin

Gil

Zaak

 

Vark

 

Malrae

 

Thugs

Ebony-skin man

 

Helegar

 

You've about had enough of this man's mouth, his smell & his looks, as he is cleaning the spittle from his eyes, you rear back & with a mighty swing with your clan's axe you lop the man's head clean from his shoulders, his head lands near the railing of the ship & his body slumps to the deck where it stood, still clutching the huge scimitar.

 

Spooky looking but harmless, as his face rolls into view, his eyes are open fully & he is smiling at you & Zaak, as if he refuses to go into the afterlife, all the while his annoying laughter haunting your thoughts.

 

Tolan

 

You fire off a blast at the charging thug, but he seems to sidestep the blast & it dissipates onto the crates behind him, scorching the wood a bit.

 

Yarrin

 

You swing your scimitar at the man, but stumble on something on the deck of the ship. The darkness of night seems to have turned against you the last few seconds.

Gil

 

With your low-light vision, you can barely make out the bluish ting of the writing from this far away on the front of the ship, it's in Elvish but knowing the language you can make out the name of the ship, "Blue Nixie". Also the figurehead comes into view as well, a elfin woman in mid-flight with her arms outstreched & her wings pushed back, a Nixie.

 

Also the small fishing boat comes into view, it is tied to the anchor chain & floats nearby, no one seems to be occupying it at the moment.

 

The water seems to fly by as Malrae pushes the small craft along, only a few seconds ago it seemed you were at the dock, now your about 70 feet or so away, with only 40 or feet to go.

 

Zaak

 

(Do you wish to change your option, due to black man is dead now?)

 

Vark & ugly woman-

 

The door that the speaker came out, flies opens & you hear a "ARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHH, who be on me ship." "I'll keel-haul all of ye fer steppin on me ship, damn ye all to the depths!!! ARRRRRRRGHHHHH!!!" says a gaunt looking man as steps into the light of the lantern.

 

He is dressed in a loose ratty looking vest with equally looking breeches, he is bare-feet, & he is holding a ragged looking hooked sword, thou mistreated it still looks sharp. He has a scribble-ly looking tattoo on his right shoulder that somewhat resembles a skull & crossbones. His skin is dark, but it appears to be more or less from days spent out in the sun + not bathing on a regular basis. His head is shaved & he sports a stubbly beard with a ratty looking Goatee & mustache. He also has a scar the runs across the bridge of his nose & under his left eye.

 

SollerVark-vi.jpg

 

(everyone make a sense motive check)

 

Also coming out of the door is a rough looking overweight human woman, dressed in similar style clothing but with a dirty long-sleeve shirt instead of a vest, you have to look twice as you think it's a half-orc, as her looks are pretty horrid looking. Her hair is shaved on the sides & the top part is kept in a ratty looking topknot. "AEEEEIIIIIIII" she screams as she comes out, & she draws a short-sword.

 

Malrae

 

you slosh the water & a madman's pace & the water goes by quickly, as you try to keep things lively with the conversation with Gil, all of a sudden a high-pitched scream/sqeal pierces the stillness of the night air. It comes from behind you, no doubt on the ship your headed towards, you begin to wonder "what the heck did those guys get into....."

 

your hard rowing has netted you 70 yard out of the 100, Gil directs you toward the ship, pointing out the various things he can see.

 

(Next round you'll make it next to the ship)

 

 

Thugs

 

Thug #1 (Dumas)

 

"Hey Leaf-lover, did I ever tell you I didn't like you nor do I like your kind!!!!, ha ha." he says, apparently pointed toward you again, Zaak. A crossbow bolt goes flying past you & into the water.

 

Thug #2

 

"Ha ha, th' Captn be here, now ye be all dead!! he says as he pops out from behind the mast & fires at you Tolan, but even with the rays of light around you, he still misses. You hear a muted "aghh, must be this junk crossbow!! from him

 

 

Thug #3

 

Yarrin, he take a swing at you & somehow hits you, but it must have been a lucky shot as the damage is only 1 point.

 

Thug #4 (2nd in charge)

 

"Ahhhhhhhh, Captain Vark, so good to have ye aboard!!!!" he says as fires at Tolan, the center of attention it seems....but the bolt strikes his own crewman. The bolt plunks the man into the small of his back & drops him in front of you. "FOOL!!!!!!" he says as the man hits the deck with a thud.

Round #5 (waiting on Zaak's response to close the round), Delay Round #6

 

 

Vieta

 

"He is....." she says.

 

"I can talk!" "I am Lord Johan Routhbottom" the man says loudly as he interupts the young woman. "I am Lord & owner of numerous plantations outside the city, 2 in fact & make a good living at it, I don't need to steal from people like yourself." he says as his courage arises.

 

The bravado he shows is short lived as his eye go from the woman to you to the pistol.

 

"I can give you your price, name it!!!" "Please don't hurt me, I have a fam....errr dog yah that's it & he needs me, he is old & can't see well!!

 

the woman, just smirks at the last statement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You've about had enough of this man's mouth, his smell & his looks, as he is cleaning the spittle from his eyes, you rear back & with a mighty swing with your clan's axe you lop the man's head clean from his shoulders, his head lands near the railing of the ship & his body slumps to the deck where it stood, still clutching the huge scimitar.

 

Spooky looking but harmless, as his face rolls into view, his eyes are open fully & he is smiling at you & Zaak, as if he refuses to go into the afterlife, all the while his annoying laughter haunting your thoughts.

 

"Nice...... Heleger...."

 

Zaak immediatly sheaths his short sword and grabs his bow again. While he is stabilizing and regripping the bow in his left hand he reaches into the quiver for another arrow....

 

Thug #1 (Dumas)

 

"Hey Leaf-lover, did I ever tell you I didn't like you nor do I like your kind!!!!, ha ha." he says, apparently pointed toward you again, Zaak. A crossbow bolt goes flying past you & into the water.

 

Zaak replies, " Heh!!!!!! That the best ya got!!!!!! "

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before the old man could finish his sentence, Vieta rams his left elbow against the man's chest, forcing him even harder against the wall. He takes the gun and puts the barrel tip straight against the point right between the man's two eyes.

 

"Didn't I tell you to repeat what I said? Didn't I? Repeat what I said. Repeat what I said or you gonna die, you scallywag! You gonna DIE! Do you hear me? DO YOU HEAR ME???" Vieta roars.

 

Then, calmly and with the utmost politeness for women, he turns to face the young woman and, with a gentle smile, asks:

 

"And who might you be, my lady?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Round #6

 

Helegar

 

waiting on response

 

Tolan

 

As the thug's last cries of life subside you hear Solar Vark speaking, but you can't put your finger on it, thou something about him doesn't seem right, just not sure what that is.

 

You fire a blast at the speaker of the group, but your blast goes wide & smashes into the crates that are stacked near him.

 

Yarrin

 

You don't know if your eyes are adjusting to the darkness or maybe your tired of pretending to fight but you swing your blade & connect with the thug's chest & a rush off blood comes squirting out of the nasty wound & he drops to the deck of the ship, barely a wiggle from his body as he dies at your feet.

 

Gil

 

Malrae slows the boat down & you come upon the fishing boat you & your companions procured earlier this evening & you notice it is securely tied to the Blue Nixie's anchor chain.

 

You can board the other boat & then start to make your way up the chain if want to & if successful on the climb can be on the deck of the ship next round, thou it might make things easier for Malrae if you jump across & steady the boat to let him transfer himself into the other boat, then next round both of you can make the Climb checks to board the ship.

 

As you get near you clearly hear the sounds of a fight aboard the Nixie.

 

 

Zaak

 

You have a arrow in your hand, you have a clear shot at the speaker of the group that is fighting Tolan, but also you can shoot Vark, his woman or try to hit Dumas, thou he has cover. Let me know which one you want to fire at.

 

Vark & the woman

 

Before Vark can do anything the woman starts to scream "AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! & raises her sword & runs toward Tolan, she stops just before the cargo hold grate (used a double move to get to there), she will be in melee next round with you Tolan. "I'ma gonna gut you devil-man, you hear me AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" she screams as she starts to move across the grating.

 

"AGHHH, Anna noooooooo!!! Stoopid lass always git`n into trouble!!!!" He runs toward the hatch that goes into the hold by the main mast & pulls a nice looking light crossbow out & fires at Tolan, but the bolt misses you just barely, with your enhanced vision you see the bolt wizz by your head.

 

Malrae

 

you get to the other boat & with Gil's guidance maneuver it alongside the other one, as noted above if you decide to move over you'll need Gil to steady the boat a bit & next round you both can try to climb the chain. Also make a CON check........as you move you start to feel a bit woozy..

 

Thugs

 

 

Dumas (#1) "So what you say elf, wanna fight like real men, my superior blade to your fancy blade??" "If not we can stand here & plug each to death, thou I know I'll still be standing being that my race is superior to your's any day of the week, so watcha say??"

 

Surprisingly he does fire a bolt in your direction after speaking.

 

Thug #2

 

"Whatcha do that fer you dum ijut!!! he says to the man that has been speaking for the group."I should shoot you instead! He was like a brother to me!" the thug can't decide on who he should try & shoot either his 'boss' or you Tolan...

 

Thug #4 (speaker)

 

"Hey, he got in the way!" "Besides, who do you think will want you around them or us, think about, dummy!!!"

 

After the short conversation, the man fires a quick shot at Tolan, but the conversation must have broken his train of thought as the shot is way off the mark.

 

Vinny

 

"Pleeeasse don't hurt me, I'd said I'll give you gold, take it all, just don't hurt me", the man starts to cower a bit as tears start to form in the corners of his eyes.

 

As the man starts to cry, the woman speaks to you, "My name is Emma, just Emma." she pauses a bit then continues "I'm a nobody, no one special."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gil will hop into the other boat and steady it for Malrae. "Come on big fellow I've got the boat."

 

He will then let Malrae climb first while he ties the two boats together. "You go ahead. I'll get these tied together. Wouldn't want to lose our transport if we needed it. I know I couldn't make the swim back."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tolan looks at Thug #2 and says, "If he were working for me, I never would have fired near him. Whatcha say, 2 gold pieces to do a bit o' work fer me? Help us out and there might be more in it for you." And with that, he fires off an eldritch blast at Thug #4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mal waits for the smaller man to secure the boat and carefully transfers his weight from one boat to the other. Con check - 21 (Let me tell ya, I was shocked and stunned to see a Nat 20!! As he stands, he feels a wave of nausea that he attributes to the sudden movement after the exertion of the row combined with the motion of the waves.

 

Malrae nods his agreement with Gil's suggestion and begins to shimmy up the chain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...