Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Vieta notices the man's tears, and...

 

Oh gods, what the hell is this? What the hell? Is he a man???

 

"Are you man?!" he shouts out loud into the man's face.

 

"What is this? Why you cryin'? Stop cryin'!" he barks.

 

"Oh, please don't hurt me! Oh, please let me go, I'll do anything you want..." Vieta imitates the man, mocking him.

 

"You know what you are? You're not a man! You're a coward! You're a godsdamn coward, and you're not worth a bullet from my gun, do you hear me?"

 

With that he throws the man to the ground and snatches the purse. He opens it and takes a handful of coins, saying:

 

"This is for the time I had to waste on a cur like you, scum!" he shouts, pocketing the coins. Then, he rips the bag open and throws it on the ground, scattering the rest of the coins across the floor.

 

"Take the rest of your filth, scum!"

 

Vieta holsters his pistol and gathers up the rest of his belongings. He turns to Emma and, with a weird change of attitude, kindly takes her hand and kisses the back of it.

 

"The name's Vieta. Enchanted to meet ye, Emma." he says with a kind smile and a light bow.

 

Then, he turns again and his attitude shifts contrastingly to the spiteful one as he walks over to the old man on the floor and boots him in the arse.

 

"Scum!" he repeats one last time, spitting on the floor next to the elderly nobleman, then walks out of the room. Downstairs, he fishes one or two of the coins he pilfered from the old man and flicks them to the bartender to pay for his room and leaves for the streets. As soon as he's out on the road, his survival attitude kicks in as he walks really really fast to get away from the place should the old noble call for the guards.

 

That was fun...

 

With that, Vieta thinks on where he needs to go, remembers something about the docks and a taverns and, realizing he has a job to do, hurries to the tavern recomended by the Vanderboren lady, always keeping his eyes and ears open for any sign of trouble (to himself, of course).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Round #6

 

Helegar

 

you see the man, named Tolan in a bad spot with the crazed woman & a couple of shooters upon him, you run over to help even the odds a bit. Even with your shortened stride you able to get over to him, but your unsure of the footing of the cargo hold grating, with your weight & the wood, you wait to see what happens..........seeing the woman move onto hatch you decide that it might hold you & your weight + her, but then heat of the battle sometime the right thing can be unclear.

 

The wood creaks but it appears to be stout & will hold you.......but for how long..........

 

END ROUND #6, Start Round #7

Updated Map

 

BlueNixiemaindeck3-vi.jpg

 

Helegar

 

with the shards of light coming from Tolan's jacket you can make out the ugly woman, doesn't appear to be any orc in her, she is just plain ugly, from her unkept hair to a tooth that juts up like a tusk, she has a wild look in her eye, like she doesn't care if she dies or what.

 

You take a swing at her, but not really sure of the ground beneath you, your swing misses her, it does get her attention thou, away from Tolan.

 

Tolan

your words seem to touch the thug slightly, but you see him start to load a bolt, must be brotherhood or something, ie ties that bind so to speak, oh well it was worth a try. You charge up the profane energies & your about to fire when the crazed woman charges up to you, but Helegar, the dwarf you met at the Vanderboren Manor steps in to shield you from her, your able to get your shot off, but again the man evades the blast & it destroys some more crates in the stash.

 

Yarrin

waiting on response

 

Gil

 

You jump over to the other boat & steady the boat for Malrae, he in turn sets down the oars, take a deep breath to clear his head from the trip & climbs over into the party's boat. He starts his climb upwards.

 

You find some rope use to tie the boat down to a dock & lash the 2 boats together & look up toward the ship you are about to board, awaiting on Malrae's ascent.

 

Zaak

 

Vark is concealed behind the mast a little bit + the darkness of night, but you take aim at him. You hear a thud......... but it is the sound of your arrow hitting the main mast.

 

 

Vark & the woman

 

"AIEEEEEEEEE AIEEEEEEEE little man, I'll gut you fer interferin in my lovemakin!!!!!" she screams as she slices at you with her blade, but her swing is wide, really wide.

 

"Arrrrrrrrrr, take them down me mateys, we dasn't want them t' take th' ship!!!!" Vark screams & with that he fires at Helegar, but the shot is wide. "Rats & double Rats, they must be havin' magical armor!!" he says after the shot misses.

 

Malrae

 

actually after you stop the boat, you catch your breath, take a deep inhale & after you exhale you feel like you didn't even row 20 feet or so & you clamber over to the other boat that Gil is in & start your climb onto the metal anchor chain (Roll a Climb Check)

 

with being so close to the ship, you defiantly hear that your companions are in a battle with the crew.

Dumas (Thug #1)

 

As he sees Zaak doesn't return his question, he decides that enough of shooting, he draws his blade & rushes Zaak. He makes it to the square in front of you Zaak & with a burst of "Hello, popsie, care to dance" he swings his longsword at you, but you back up in time, that the blade sweeps by you.

 

Thug #2

 

"Ehhhh, well now, maybe, no these are my brothers, I can't abandon them, even thou we are losing....we will win thou" he says, & with that he fires a bolt at you Tolan, but it misses. His uncertainty may have had a part in him missing.

 

Thug #4

 

"That's it, Romero, kill one & I'll give you an extra 25 gold crowns from our deal later on!!!!" he says as the man fires. He moves from the stack he is behind to the other one opposite of his, all the while saying "& just think, less of us means more $$$ per share as well, ha ha ha"

 

 

Vieta

 

 

The man sobs away & slumps to the ground, curled up in a ball as you gather the remainder of your things. You grab a handful of gold crowns, 10 of them & then toss the ripped bag onto the floor, the coins scatter as they hit the floor. All the while the man is just huddled in the fetal position.

 

As you get near Emma, she shies away slightly as you approach, but after the kind greeting & mannerism toward her she stands there & takes your greeting, offering a smile, as you get close to her a exotic mixture of smells hits you, of spice & jasmine.

 

You turn your attention back to the man, & pick him in the butt, he cries out but does nothing towards you as you leave the room. You make your way down the hall & turn the corner to the stairs & go downstairs. Even this early in the morning, there a few patrons huddle over a mug of something, then again might be people from last night's wild party. As you walk past the bar, the bartender eyes you a bit, but takes the coins as they are flipped to him, he just nods in agreement.

 

You make your way out of the inn, maybe it was the moment, but being in the night air really clears your head from the scent of the woman, no doubt she was a woman of the night, little young, but you do what you have to do to survive you think as you sling your belongings over your shoulder, tip your hat & wander down the street. As you walk you start to remember the inn's name, that Lady Lavinia said, also as your head clears you recall something about visiting your family before running into Rowena Kellani last night, reason your in this part of town anyways. Hmmmmmmm "Now there a image that won't fade from your thoughts" you think as you walk down a barely lit street, that smell, those eyes, those diamonds...........

 

Lost in your thoughts you almost miss a man with a blindfold over his eyes, playing a fiddle outside the inn, a small pot sits next to his feet................ the low tone of the tune he is playing filling your ears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vieta walks up to the man and stands there, listening to the tune on the fiddle, wondering if he knows it. While doing so, he looks up and down the street and, then, takes a minute to peek into the small pot and see how much is in it...

 

:devil:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Hello, popsie, care to dance"

 

Zaak looks to Dumas and states, "Why sure ........ Dum ...... A$#!!!"Zaak immediatly reaches into his quiver for another arrow. Staring Dumas in the eyes Zaak immediatly swings his forehead right for Dumas's nose hoping to not only break his nose but take his vision away [for a short period] all at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yarrin

 

you make your way up to Tolan, guided by the sunrod's light coming out of the openings in his clothes & you are able to get on the other side of Tolan & can attack the woman. Swinging your scimitar at her she dodges out of the way even in her wild state. You can take a step onto the cargo hold grate & can give Helegar a flank bonus if you like.......if you trust the wood on the grate that is............. :devil:

 

END #6 START Round #7

 

Helegar

 

You see Yarrin move up beside Tolan & swing at the woman, you also see you might have an advantage as well if he steps onto the grating behind the woman, none the less you take a swing at the wild woman & hit her but you barely scatch her with the returning arc of your axe, she just bares her teeth at you, all the while her wild eyes staring at you fully now.

 

 

Tolan

 

You fire off a blast, arcing it between Helegar & the woman, but the thug gets behind the crates in time to avoid the blast & it impacts upon the crates. All the while the other thug, looks at you, you see he is thinking......

 

Yarrin

 

(awaiting your response on if you want to flank the woman with Helegar)

 

Gil

 

You get the 2 small boats tied together as Malrae climbs the chain & it almost appears that he pulls himself up & over in 1 pull. You can attempt to climb the rope now.

 

Zaak

 

You swing your clenched fist at the man's nose, attempting to blind the man, but he is wearing his city guard helmet which has a nose gaurd on it, but your attack does connect & is strong enough to bend the piece, "Agghh, why you worthless piece of ...........!!!!!" You'll pay dearly for that!!!, Dumas responds to the attack

 

Vark & the woman

 

"Oh cripes" Vark mumbles "Anna!!! watch yer aft, I be comin o'er t' help yah babycakes!!! & with that he drops his crossbow to the deck & charges out from behind the mast at Helegar". "No one harm me lass, nay one ye hear me dwarf!!!", as he reaches Helegar, he takes a swing, but misses pitifully.

 

"I kin handle meself, lover!!!" & with that she screams like a banshee & takes a swipe at Tolan, but she too misses as well, thou as Vark arrives next to her, her spirits light up & she produces wide grin upon her face.

 

Malrae

 

With a couple of thugs, you pull yourself up the rope & over the railing of the Blue Nixie, with your night vision you see some of the carnage on her deck, a few bodies lying still a few feet away on the deck, as well as beheaded dark skin man, whose head now rests against the railing, you also come upon Zaak & a human engaged in a one on one battle, close to the railing. You also see the battle between a woman, a shaved headed man & Helegar, Tolan & Yarrin, bright light peaks out from various openings & holes from his clothing, possibly the source of the light you seen earlier.

 

Thugs

 

Dumas (Thug #1)

 

"Ahhh so you do want to play, good very good!!!" he says as he reaches up to remove the helmet "I knew some of the junk I had to wear as a "honorable official of the city" might come in handy on this excursion!!" He swings his longsword at you with some skills of a fighter & strikes (for 4 points), as he draws back into a defensive position "I was thinking after I kill you, I may go have some fun with a certain pointy ears Captain of mine...."

 

Thug #2 (Romero)

 

Tolan, as you speak the man, you see his face ponder your words, he looks at you & then the man behind the cargo "Hey Rictur, concider this the end of ur friendship!!!" & fires a bolt at the man, behind the cargo & strikes the man in the shoulder "Aghhhh" the man says as the bolt strikes him. "Whatcha doin you nimrod!!! Them not me!!!" he shouts to the man as he pulls the bolt out of his shoulder.

 

"I'm tired of getting nuthin on the boat, you hear me!!! & with that man loads anther bolt into his crossbow.

 

Thug #4 (Rictur)

 

"Fine! You want it this way, so be it, Daddy always liked you better then me anyways!!! & with that he fires his crossbow at Romero, with the bolt striking the man in his left shin, dropping him to one knee.

 

"Ughhh, you think that'll stop me, all these years, you though yer better then me, not today, bro, not today!!!! Romero responds as he aims his 'bow upon his brother.

 

(temporarily) End Round #7

 

Vieta

 

You are about to walk away when you do a 180 spin & walk over to the blind fiddle player, you peek into his pot, there are no coins in the pot, then again playing at 4 am in the morning probably doesn't help the situation either you think. All the while the man, plays along.

 

You start to turn away from the man & you hear "Surely, you'd want to help out a poor disable man with a bite to eat this early morning." "I know many tunes, tell a tune & I'll try to play it for you.", the blind man says, his playing of the fiddle doesn't stop as speaks to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Malrae slides his wicked-looking trident from the leather thongs attaching it to his broad back and quietly makes his way behind the thug engaged with the elven ranger that he believes goes by Zaak. Once he gets within striking range, he plunges the trident deep into the thug's back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vieta stops for a second and carefully looks at the old man. He gazes at the blindfold and, with his hand, waves it in front of the man's face to make sure he was blind.

 

"How did you know I was here, old man?" he asked, not unkindly but rather in a conversing tone.

 

Either he has very good ears or more...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...