Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zaak feels the sting of the blade quite quickly this time. Thinking to himself "got yerself in-a bit of a bind I see ----- need ta think of sumtin fast"

 

Hearing, "I was thinking after I kill you, I may go have some fun with a certain pointy ears Captain of mine...." from Dumas Zaak takes an arrow from the quiver and drives it directly at Dumas' throat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rd #7 cont.

 

Yarrin

 

you take a 5 foot step onto the cargo grate & position yourself behind the crazed woman, you take a stab at her & draw blood on the return swing, but barely a scratch, it does however gain her attention & she turns toward you, all the while saying "So you wanna dance with me as well, ehhh, then let's shall we!?!?"

 

End Rd #7, Start Rd #8

 

note- Yarrin & Helegar are now flanking the woman, & get the appropriate bonuses related to that.

Helegar

 

you see Yarrin move behind the woman, giving you a advantage & as she turns to face him, take a swing with your axe, it connects with the woman, & she falls to the deck of the ship, her sword, falls through one of the holes in the grate, clattering against metal somewhere in the hold.

Tolan

As the woman falls before, you fire off a blast of eldritch energy at Romero, but again the cargo stacks he is hiding behind, save him again & the blast tears into the cargo.

 

Yarrin

Closest to you is Vark, by taking a 5 ft step, you can avoid a AofO from Vark & can act normally this round.

 

 

Gil

 

You easily make the climb up the metal anchor chain & hop over the railing to the deck of the ship, upon landing you assess the situation, with your night vision, you see Malrae stalking near the Forecastle (front wall) with his trident out, almost near you, Zaak the elven ranger is in combat with a human, over near the center of the ship, Tolan, Helegar, & Yarrin around a fallen body of a human woman, with a shaved head, male human near them, he has a sword out, over near the rear of the ship there appears to be anther thug, but he seems occupied at the moment. You can act on this round if you'd like.

 

Zaak

As You reach into your quiver & take out a arrow & quickly thrust it at the man, who just yesterday you knew as a ill tempered racist toward your kind city guard, now a advisory aboard a ship you were hired to find, funny how things come about.

 

As you attack you see the large half-elf from the dinner, Malrae you recall his name, move into position behind Dumas.

 

The attack throws Dumas off, as he was expecting you to try & fire a arrow at him during melee & was setup to take a slash at you, but you stab the man with the arrow & it hits his unprotected left eye, thou not deep you do put out the eye "Aghhhhhhhh you pointy-eared bast...!!" he says in response as you pull the arrow from the bloody wound. He holds his sword like a veteran of many battle as he reaches up with his other hand to the wound, the blood oozing over his hand. "I'm gonna gut you for that & then use your dead skin as a patch, elf"!!!!!! & with that he readies to strike you.......

 

Vark & the woman

 

The woman screams in pain, as the dwarven axe cuts her down, she drops to the cargo grate....."Noooooooooooooooooo damn yah all!!!!" Vark responds as Anna, his lover is brought down. Surprisingly, thou he doesn't attack you, he looks down to the cargo hold & cups a hand to his mouth to amplify his voice & says "Mari, you better be awake, damn yah!!" "Burn them all, now!!" as he looks up he says "I know why you are all here....but you won't save them!!" & with that you see a spark & a flare up of a couple torches in the hold. "I'm sorry, but my hide is worth more to me then a few bags of gold!!' & with that he takes a few steps backwards.

 

Malrae

 

You manage to sneak over to the stairs that are closest to where you climbed aboard & make your way away from the combat, you haven't drawn any attention from either combatant, either the person, Zaak is fighting can't see you, doesn't care or what, but you manage to get behind him & as soon as your within the striking distance of the man, the man screams from a thrusting blow from Zaak, you jab the trident at the man's back & successfully stab the man with all 3 points, inflicting allot of damage to the man, dropping him to his knees, he isn't dead but he might as well be. The man's sword falls out of his hand & onto the deck of the ship.

Thugs & other.....

 

The three around the cargo grate, see the fire & smell smoke from the torches that were lit by Mari, whoever that is, probably anther thug (how many are on this ship, you kinda wonder....), but all of sudden a loud crash, banging sound is heard from below deck, "AIEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Vark, help me, AGHHHHHHHH "CRUNCH", a woman's voice is suddenly cut off with a sickening sound & a sound of chittering, & clack can be heard down below & all of sudden, a loud squak can be heard & some other animal noise, all sounding very frightened & ending so suddenly like the now dead female thug.

 

Thug #1 (Dumas)

 

....the man readies to strike but is brought down from behind by Malrae's trident. Dumas drops to his knees & lets his sword fall to the deck of the ship, raising his head to you, Zaak & says with a spit of blood coming from his mouth "Always knew your kind was cowardly.......& with that he drops his head, but doesn't die.

 

Thug #2 (Romero)

"Ha, see your not so tough, why dad thought you were so.... oh crap, it's loose!!...." is all the man says after hearing the commotion in the cargo hold.

 

Thug #4 (Rictur)

The man levels his crossbow at his brother when the shrieking starts in the cargo hold "What have you done, Vark!!!!!!" as Vark gets near him & stands up with all his weight on his good leg. "The Brotherhood won't pay us now, you know what they'll want now, our hides!!!" he says to the Vark "They don't like people who back out of deals, they'll hunt you, me everyone in this deal down!!" "AGHHHHHH!!!" he screams & launches a bolt at Tolan in anger but the it flies overhead.

 

End Rd #8 temp.

 

Vieta

 

You are surprised a bit as the old fiddle player says "Ahhh it's the way you walk, young man, you have certain shuffle to your feet, I heard you come out of that inn & as you came back to me." he says to you." "Have you come to donate a few coins to help a poor old man down on his luck & living in the streets?" He continues to play the fiddle, playing a bit louder every sec or so. "Or have you come to enjoy a show"?? he smiles a bit & continues to play on....

 

The sun has started to light up the morning skies, just barely giving light to the area (remember your a couple hours ahead of the main group--it's about 5:30ish)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Throwing a wink at Zaak, Malrae leaves his trident sticking from the dying man's back and slides his warhammer from the thong on his belt. Turning to face the remaining foes, he hesitates for a moment to decide which to attack next. At that moment, the terrible sounds erupt from the hold. "What the hell was that?!?!" he says in a hoarse whisper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dumas ....the man readies to strike but is brought down from behind by Malrae's trident. Dumas drops to his knees & lets his sword fall to the deck of the ship, raising his head to you, Zaak & says with a spit of blood coming from his mouth "Always knew your kind was cowardly.......& with that he drops his head, but doesn't die.

 

Looking down at the slumped body Zaak gives him a a quick kick in the head. Thinking to himself, "That'll fix the scum..."

 

 

Zaak looking off at Malrea hears,

"What the hell was that?!?!"
he says in a hoarse whisper.

 

Zaak responds by shrugging his shoulders trying to discern what has just unfolded before his eyes.

 

Never letting go of the arrow Zaak immediatly nocks the arrow and does a quick scan of the deck looking for any more thugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gil runs up to Malrae and Zaak, drawing his rapier. Hearing the sound as he catches up to the big man he say, "Looks like we may not have missed the interesting part of this." He readys to defend himself but does not move on any of the visible opponents, know that something more dangerous might be on it's way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yarrin

You take a step away from Vark, & you gesture with your hand across your throat you shout "DIE!" & the spell is cast at Vark. He starts to stumble & sway but he shakes off the effects of the spell, just barely. You are slightly stunned as the man doesn't appear to have that much willpower, but none the less he takes a step backwards & proceeds with his actions for the round.

END Rd #8

 

Start Rd #9

 

 

Helegar

 

As Vark falls back toward the rear of the ship, near the hole/ladder that goes down toward below decks, you charge & swing at him with your axe, but he blocks the attack with his sword, hooking the axe blade with his sword hook, but doesn't try to disarm you of your weapon thou, just parries the attack.

 

You now find yourself with Vark in front of you & the two quarreling brothers on the sides, both with crossbows.......

 

Tolan

 

Vark responds by saying "Hmmmm unless ye are trying to pull a fast one on me trying to get me to admit what I have or your not from old man Islarn, ah wait ah minute, I bet that richy vixen sent yah!! Yes, that wench paid to get this heap back, but I decided to take the loot for meself & in turn, her & Islarn don't see eye to eye much these days, ha ha........"AGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...............

 

Yarrin

 

Sorta stunned that spell didn't effect the man, you see Tolan is bleeding from the various wounds suffered from all the bolts that hit him during the previous combat. You rub the sacred salt crystal that hangs from your neck, it slightly glows as you transfer healing magic to Tolan. His wounds heal tremendously (Tolan heal 8 points) & he feels like a new person.

 

 

Gil

 

You make your way up to Mal & Zaak & prepare yourself for whatever might come your way. You see there are only 3 men left, one being Vark & two others. As you make your way up to guys you hear Vark talking & all of sounded a large pedipalp with many hooked suckers reach from the hole near Vark & grab his leg & start to pull him down into the hold.

 

Zaak

 

You smack Dumas in the head & he falls to the deck of the ship, he finally breathes his last breath & lies motionless on the deck of the ship.

 

After such you turn your attention toward the rear of the ship, where Vark & his men are now standing, along with Helegar. All of sudden Vark starts to scream & is pulled toward a hole behind the main mast, something has him.

 

Vark

 

"AGHHHHHHHHHH git off me, ye nasty bug!!!!!!" He swings at the pedipalp but his swing is wide & the blade catches the wood near the hole & whatever has him pulls him down into the depths of the ship, his sword is ripped from his hand as he goes under.

 

"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" he screams as he disappears from sight "Help me, you swabs, nooooooo, AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

 

Malrae

 

As you grasp your warhammer, you see Vark pulled into the cargo hold & you hear the thug leader scream out as whatever he has in the cargo hold, begins to attack him.

 

Thugs

 

"Oh crap", Romero says as his boss is pulled under. "I'm outta hear, I'll take my chances with the Brotherhood, sorry bro!!!!!" He turns & runs over to the aft side of the ship & jumps off the side of the ship with a dive. "SPLASH" can be heard as he hits the water..........

 

"Damn you brother" Rictur says as his brother leaves him fend for himself. Knowing that the injury that his own brother caused him will spell doom if he runs toward the water. Rictur turns toward the party & says "Parley?"

 

End Rd #8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger smiles an evil smile as Vark is pulled toward the hold by whatever the thing is. He moves backward away from the thing, and turns to the thug that has just spoken. "Well, if yer wantin' a parley, yoo need ta tell oos wha tha hell yoove got in yer hoold."

 

He never lowers his axe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"How about both?" Vieta says to the old man and, fishing in his pocket for a silver coin, drops it into the man's donation pot.

 

"How about a nice tune to sing along to... Know any sea chanties?"

 

He thinks for a moment.

 

"How about "The Damn Blue Ocean"? "Fisherman's Bane"? "Tom and the Naked Mermaid"? You know, the one that goes something like:

Then there was Tom,

Who saw a naked mermaid!

Uhhhh... da-dum-da-dum-da-dum"

 

He starts mumbling the parts he didn't know or didn't remember.

 

"Know that one?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking twice about leaving his trident behind with this new unknown threat, Malrae places one foot on the soon to be corpse and pulls mightily on the trident with his free hand. He then edges closer to the opening in the deck an attempts to peer into the murky depths below.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...