Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarrin

 

you lean over the fallen dwarf & you see he is still breathing "Thank Procan, he is alive" you say as you start your prayer that turns into a healing spell, your hands glow a light whitish blue & you touch Helegar where the Rhagodessa bit him, healing him for 8 pts. Helegar's eyes open, still wounded but with no imminent danger he seems to good to go.

 

Tolan

 

with your daylight vision, you climb the ladder to the top deck & don't see a fire onboard, but you do see a smolder of one inside one of the stashes of cargo crates (the one nearest to where the party boarded, but what catches your eye is a bright light & smoke (just barely outside your daylight radius) near the side of the ship....the fishing boat!!

 

You run toward the fire, avoiding fallen smuggler bodies & weapons & get up the cargo crates & see there is smolder of a fire going, but the recent rain must have "fireproof" the wood a bit, but the small craft you arrive on is in flames. Something catches your eye as you look up from the flame a small watercraft being rowed away from the ship by a man just barely outside your daylight vision, with him is anther man.

 

You hear, "Faster, darnit!!" & anther voice "Well, "phew" I had stopped to pick up your wet butt,"phew" I'd be long gone by now "phew" " little bit of silence then you hear "Will you row, darnit!!!"

 

Malrae

(All this is in elven, a chitterish elven, but elven nonetheless)

 

"Ah you speak the forest dwellers tongue." the small creature says, his bright eyes focused on you. "Forgive me, I'm Cha'laa of the Spiritring tribe..." he stumbles but stand grasping the cage. "Sorry, very weak, the longlegs barely fed us, enough to keep a few of us alive. Would you a bit of food on you, very hungry."

 

Helegar

 

You awake to see the druid, Yarrin standing over you, his hands glowing a soft bluish-white light, but fading to normal. The last thing you recall was the bug had you in it's grasp & was munchin on you. You stand up & shake off the darkness experience, something your father told you about numerous times, but nothing you've ever experience till now.

 

You see the creature is dead & your axe & helm (if you had one) are off a bit, but no worse then when you were using them, your armor thou, has a couple of big holes in it, some of the links are broken & one is sticking into your shirt, you pull that one out, but your armor will need repaired.

 

As you gather your weapon, you smell smoke.

 

Vieta

 

You ask the young woman, she responds very quietly, her voice you tell more scared then anything "Lord Johan Routhbottom is or was a customer of mine." she puts her face down a bit but lifts it "I guess not now, or at least for awile"

 

With that she slumps against the wall. "Sorry you risked your skin for a tramp like myself".

 

You must have gotten away, as the nobleman doesn't pursue you. He looks at the body, looks around & lets out a "Humph" with his arms on his side. He turns to go back inside, as he about to step inside you hear him say to someone "You better get someone to clean up your garbage outside, someone might think this a bad place" , gives one last look & shuts the door to the inn.

 

After a bit you decide it safe to say he didn't see you, but you hear the door open & your attention is drawn back to the area, you see a couple of men come out "Ah crap!!" one says. "Go get a cart, I'll wait here just in case a guardsman shows up", the other man just nods his head & leaves, a few minutes later he comes around with a wheel barrel, they both pick up the man & dump his body into it. They both hold the cart steady & move away from the area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Lord Bryon..." Vieta mutters, wondering if he knows who the man is. He takes note of what the inn is called, as he barely remembers the name and it seems a shadier place than it looked.

 

Observing the old noble, it seems that the man owns or seems to have some authority in this inn, as he orders a few men to do some dirty work. All this might have made Bryon seem like a big man if it wasn't for the fact that Vieta had stuck a gun up his nose and had made the poor bastard cry...

 

"Aye, we're in the clear..." he mutters to himself as he holsters his pistol. He looks at the girl, the "tramp" as she called herself, and takes her arm by the wrist.

 

"Come along."

 

He leads her another good distance away from the scene, staying within the confines of the alley, but still making sure he has at least two paths of exit should any trouble ensue. Feeling rather safe at this distance, Vieta calms himself, looking around the area for any source of clean water. He looks for a barrel of collected rainwater, hopefully clear and not stagnant, and, again, removes his bandanna and cleans off any of his wounds. Not as bad as yesterday's scuffle with the half-orc, but still, the second time in a row he got into a brawl. When he is done with that, he remembers the girl and, rinsing his bandanna, he approaches her and wipes the blood from her face and neck.

 

"I'm sorry that had to happen." Vieta says, "It was a risk, I could have killed you and him in the same shot, but there was no other option..."

 

After he is finished, Vieta ties the cloth around his head once more and slumps down against the alleyway to take a breather.

 

"What's your name, girl?" he asks her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing the fire and the two men rowing away, Tolan quickly decides that the boat is more important than who set the fire and rushes back to the hold calling out, "We might have some trouble here fellas! We got fire on the deck!" He then tries to push the burning crate overboard, but failing that will search for some water to douse the smoulder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In elvish:

"I'm sorry to be so overly-cautious small one, but there have been attempts on my companions and my life this evening already and we just finished killing this foul beast as well. How do I know that you are what you say you are?"

 

Switching to common Malrae addresses what's left of the group. "This creature is intelligent and speaks the elvish tongue. It is weakened from hunger, does anyone have any food?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Thankee kindly, lad," Heleger says to Yarrin with a smile. "Now, less git outta heer afore tha place start's a-burnin'." He gets up, and takes another look at his armor. "Damn foul beatsite!" He seethes and spits in the direction of the mass of tentacles and goo before heading up the ladder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"After you," Yarrin says wanting to make sure that Heleger is back to stable. "I think we're going to need Procan's blessing to keep this ship and get her back to her rightful owner. We've come most of the way now let's just hope He can give us that last little shove." Yarrin grins and follows Helegar up the ladder to face the next trial.

Edited by Outkast Samurai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Group

 

Malrae

 

Cha'laa says to you, "You might find something in the boxes, the longlegs have been on the boat for sometime. Also do you have a key for the lock?".

Everyone else

 

As everyone gets topside, you see Tolan using the dark-skinned man's huge scimitar to push the smoldering crate into the water, but there appears to be more crates on fire, as Tolan pushes the one overboard, more in the pile begin to ignite (ones that were covered from the rain, now exposed to the ones that were set fire), suddenly the crates catch fire, Tolan barely getting out of the way, dropping the huge blade into the water in the process.

 

Vieta

 

The name doesn't sound familiar, probably just some noble that you've crossed paths, tryin to have a night of paid fun. Your not sure if he is a man of authority around here, or just someone trying to not bring the guard to the place, with a dead body outside & all, you recall he did say he was married, whether that was true or just some sob story while under your gun, your not sure as well.

 

 

You leave the scene behind, noting a sign & picture on a board above the inn, the Black Ivy.

 

After a bit, the sun is coming up, as is the humidity, not so much but you can start to feel it's grip in the air, epically after last night's rain. Finding a barrel of water, you clean yourself up & drench the bandanna in the water & wring it out & hand to the young woman.

 

"Thank you, you are too kind", the young woman says, "Ha ha" she gives a light chuckle "with all the excitement, you forgot didn't you, it's Emma." she gives a kinda smile to you, with her face clean from the blood, you see she has a kind face, a couple of dimples & some freckles.

 

As she hands the rag back to you, "It's alright, you had to do what you thought was the right thing to do at the time, the way that man was talking I'd been dead, what did he mean by slaughtermaster? I've never heard of such a vile term"

DM NOTE (I screwed up the nobles name, his name in the original meeting post is/or was Lord Johan Routhbottom & that has been changed in the previous post to reflect this)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cursing as the nearby boxes catch fire and swearing even more as he loses his grip on the scimitar, Tolan calls out for more help before the deck catches fire and ruins the entire rescue attempt. He hastily looks around for a barrel of water or another implement to shove crates over the side. He also looks at the crates to see if he can tell what is in them and whether it would be easier to empty them and toss the burning crate over without its contents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Emma, right..." Vieta mutters as he takes the bandanna and throws it over his neck like a scarf.

 

He was somewhat surprised that a girl with such a kind face would be working in such an employment. He had been with plenty of... courtesans in his days, and this was somewhat new to him. But nonetheless, as strange and somewhat heart-touching as it was, Vieta had more pressing matters to worry about. His own skin, for starters...

 

Hers too... He wasn't a complete arsehole...

 

"Neither have I." he says in response to her question on who the slaughtermaster is.

 

Just then, he remembers the parchment he found on the dead assassin. He takes it out and unfurls it, reading it to find any clues to who the assassin was or who sent him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...