Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Malrae

Cha'laa says to you, "You might find something in the boxes, the longlegs have been on the boat for sometime. Also do you have a key for the lock?".

 

Malrae looks around quickly and realizes that all of the others have gone to help with the fire above-decks. Now that he is alone, he feels that his options are a bit more limited. Not seeing a key anywhere readily available, he hefts his hammer and sizes up the lock.

 

"While I don't have a key, persay, small one, this should do the trick just fine." He says with a wry grin. "Back away from the lock so that you don't get injured."

 

As soon as the creature backs away, he strikes a massive blow at the lock with his war hammer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GROUP

 

you all emerge from the hold to see Tolan using a gaff hook to push burning crates into the bay, whatever was in the crates is lost, as they float for a bit & then sink into the bay, but you recall saving cargo on the ship wasn't part of the mission Lady Vanderboren wanted, you recall she wanted something else other then to "take care of" Soller Vark & his men, but with the recent fighting you can't remember right now.

 

As you get up the deck, you start to hear a banging sound of metal on metal coming from the hold.

 

Tolan

 

using the hook you are able to lift the burning crates over the railing of the ship, your not sure if they are light or if seeing fire on a ship in the middle of harbor is prompting you to lift them over without struggle, but your glad to get the few that were burning off the ship.

 

There is small flame, but you are able to smother it, using the shirt off the dead man that knew Zaak during the fighting. You are able to remove it quite easily thanks to massive tears in both his back & front (where Mal's trident went through him).

 

At last you get the fire on the ship out, your sweating from the work (maybe the crates were heavy afterall) & the heat of the flames, but your thankful to get the flames under control, you sit down to rest, only to remember the other fire...

 

on the ship that you arrive in, recalling it was tied to the ship by a rope......

 

Malrae

"Do as you say, I will" Cha'laa says as he stands away from the bars. As he backs up to the corner, he stumbles & falls against the back of the cage "Ok, I'll be, just weak from no food".

 

With the creature safely away from the door, you take your warhammer with both hands & with a round house swing, smash it against the lock, it doesn't budge...you swing again... again the lock won't budge.

 

"Well hells" you say, you kick the lock, start to pull on it & nothing, you are about to give up when you suddenly out of nowhere raise your warhammer & swing down onto the lock, striking it just right, that the U bar pops out of the body, you got the lock open, this padlock will no longer lock now.

 

"Ah good, good!!!" Cha'laa says, you see some of his strength has return at the site of seeing he is about to be set free from his prison.

 

Vieta

 

 

reaching into your pocket you pull put out the parchment & untie the string around it & unroll it. Stepping into a area where it a bit more lighted (street lamps are still lit) you read the following:

 

Stephen,

 

I need you to tail a man for me tonight, says he is going to the Noble District.

 

Going the way of Crown Street in Sunrise, up Spice in Azure.

 

He is a ratty looking man, shouldn't have no problems finding him, likes his booze, party-goer.

 

He is alone. He also seems to be the weak willed type, so your magic should work on him

 

Kill him, I don't want him alive, use whatever means you have at your disposal.

 

Do this & your sure to be rewarded, as before.

 

Slaughtermaster

 

After reading the note, you notice the handwriting is quickly written, in places the words are hard to read, as they are a bit smeared

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger looks around at those who have made it up on deck, taking stock of those that are missing. He doesn't see Malrae, but hears the pounding from below, and figures that the half-elf is the source. Looking at Tolan, he says "Good job onna fire, lad. I soopoos tha' prisner started it ta git away."

 

"Now," he says to the group. "Innyboody got inny soogeshons on how weer gonna git this thing inta poort? Ah haven't tha foorthist fookin' idea how ta drive a boot."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Now," he says to the group. "Innyboody got inny soogeshons on how weer gonna git this thing inta poort? Ah haven't tha foorthist fookin' idea how ta drive a boot."

 

"I also have no idea, by Garl's beard this is the first time I've even set foot on a ship." Gil says and looks to see if anyone else has an idea or instruction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Tha's a good idea. Inny voloonteers?" Heleger asks of the group.

 

 

At this, Tolan turns to the group, almost as if just now noticing that they have come up from the hold and says with a wry smile, "Go right ahead matey. And while you are in the dinghy could you please put out the fire in it?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Group

 

As Tolan says that the small fishing boat that was used to get over to the Blue Nixie, starts to burn even more, the flames spreading to the nets & other flammable items in the boat, the fire has reached the rope, but the rope being tied to the metal chain, prevents the flames from spreading to the ship, the rope does give way as the flames burn through the rope.

 

The small burning craft begins to drift towards the ship however..........

 

 

Malrae

"Thank you, kind one. I thought I'd never see the outside of that cage!" Cha'laa says as he exits the cage, his strength returning seeing that he is free. Upon exiting the cage the small creature starts to sniff around the hold, sniff here, sniff there "Ahhhhh here we go! Had to get away from the Click-clacker's stench to smell anything good to eat!!" he bounds off to a crate, you notice that he has a membrane of skin between his arms & legs, probably for gluiding maybe even flying, your not sure, also a long ringed tail. As he gets to the crate, he tries to get it open but to no avail the crate is nailed shut.

 

"Can you help me again, long-legs?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dropping his scimitar to the deck and kicking off his shoes Yarrin dives over the railing. Swimming under for a brief ways he goes for the rope that attached the dinghy submerged nearby. Gripping the rope he pops to the surface to try and drag the small vessel away from the ship. He quickly spots Tag who was swimming close by.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upon reading the letter, Vieta grits his teeth, his hands clenched into fists.

 

Some bastard had hired an assassin to kill him! Who, and why were the two questions circulating within the sailor's mind.

 

"How could he have known I was going to the Noble District..." he muttered to himself.

 

He tries to remember the night before, through the haze of drunken merry-making. He remembered the dinner party, and Vanderboren, along with everyone else there. Could it have been them that sold him out. He remembered asking for directions to the Noble District somewhere and from someone, but was not sure whether it was at the dinner or after... However that was must have been the one to order the attack... or, at least, would have been in contact with him.

 

With all the thoughts running through his mind, Vieta almost ignored the young woman next to him. He shakes off his anger and stuffs the parchement into his trouser pocket. He looks to her and asks:

 

"Do you have anywhere to go to?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...