Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Vieta

You make your way up from Spice Street, almost into Azure Market, which even at this time of the morning has people shopping (early morning risers, that sorta thing). With you kinda growing up near this district you know where the nearest gondola station is at in the Azure district. You turn down Toad Lane, which ironically takes you right past the Azure Garrison. A guard outside pays you no attention, since whaling & other waterfront activities are normal & are higher priority to this district, most sea-faring types have more freedom then normal citizens. Walking past the building, you make your way onto Churl Street & head North, past a few residences & past the Ropemaker's Guidhall & the Gull's Nest, a brothel, which surprisingly is pretty quiet, either it isn't a popular place or most of the action from the previous night has taken place already.

 

You turn West onto the bridge, as you cross over a small boat floats underneath, you see it's a dwarf poling the water, one of the canal cleaners that keep the canals clean. You turn down Lubber's Loop & walk pass allot of small but richly looking houses, apparently the noble district of Azure, on the side is a immense white stone wall with a equally immense manor behind it. You see a man with a brush & bucket washing the wall. As you pass the man gives you "mornin sir". From the look of him, he appears to be a worker type, common if a bit ratty clothes & no shoes. (which thou is quite common in town, with the tropical air) As you finally get to the end of the white wall, you walk pass the iron wrought gate, which has a ship with a K in it's sail entwined into the ironwork, as well as the name of Kellani at the top of the gate.

 

"Kellani?" you think to yourself, "Hells!!!" you say out loud & stop at the gate, remembering the fiery redhead lass, Rowyn Kellani from the party last night & of course those ice blue eyes of hers & of course what followed afterwards. You reach for the gate handle & then think "Ehh they'd probably throw me out even before I got halfway to the house, with the way I look right now." but at least you know where their manor is......next time!!!. Turning around you make your way down to the dock where the gondola station is at. Its open, even this early in the morning, probably due to it one of the only stations for this district. "Morning, that'll be 2 silvers or 1 gold if you want to leave now." the man at the station says.

 

 

Group

 

Zaak

 

you wait for a bit for Malrae to come up, but see the dwarf head off for the door, with the full moon, your elfin vision enchances what little color can be seen at night, allowing you take move about. You follow Helegar inside. The rooms are dark & even with your low-light vision, your blind to what is in the room, but before closing the door you spotted a lantern hanging just inside the room (next to the door). Reaching for it, you see there is a little oil in it & you reach into a belt pouch & produce some tinder to make a flame. Lighting the lantern you see what Helegar just seen with his darkvision, only that you see it with light. (refer above to Helegar's entry for info).

 

Malrae

 

You leave the creature to his fruit, he isn't going anywhere & make your way up the ladder & back onto the deck, as you poke your head out of the hole, you catch a glimpse of the wood elf, Zaak entering the quarterdeck door (where Solar Vark & his lady came out of), everyone else appears to be on the sides of the ship. The gnome, Gil is on the starboard side & Tolan is holding a rope, he appears to be pulling something up from the water. There is no sign of Rictur, the remaining smuggler, also the dwarf Helegar is missing as well.

 

Gil

you see the skiff is tied off on the railing & the way down to it is a set of boards that are on the side of the hull. If anything you guys now have a way off the ship when its time to leave.

Tolan & Yarrin

 

Tolan, looking around the deck, you see some rope coiled up near the side, dropping the gaff hook you grab the rope & with a heave, toss it near Tolan, the mark is a bit off, but nothing that a accomplished swimmer couldn't make up.

 

Yarrin, you see the burning skiff is finally clear of the ship & is in open water of the bay, you finally let go, & not a moment to soon, as the flames start to rage even hotter & the skiff starts to burn even more intensely. Not the greatest way to get rid of a burning pile of wood, but the waters will claim it soon you think as you start to swim over to where Tolan threw the rope into the water. Grabbing the rope, you start to swim back over to the ship with Tolan pulling the rope. As you get near the side of the ship, you see some planks that make up a ladder on the side of the hull, with the storm, the party probably missed seeing them, when they approached earlier.

 

Getting to the ladder, you make your way back on deck & see Malrae has made it back topside, no worse then when you left him below deck. Only Helegar & Zaak are missing from the party.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zaak looks out to Helegar as best as he can see with such low light. Zaak states, "I got ya covered........"

 

However thinking to himself, "How can you do this with this latern in your hands......." So looking over the room he finds a table to place the latern on and quickly swings his bow into his hands and gets another arrow out of the quiver.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger (btw sorry about the misspells, didn't notice I was doing it, myself) & Zaak

 

Heleger

Zaak gets the lamp to lite, but there appears to be just a little bit of oil in the lamp, as the light is very dull, low enough that your darkvision still works to see around the room (shadows are still "lit" up for you, that sorta thing). You make your way around the table, you hear a "Crack" & look down, your boot has smashed a plate, you notice there is more garbage & such on the floor as well, Vark & his men were pigs it appears.

 

Getting over to the door, you check the doorknob, it turns easily & the door swings open. You see a 10' by 25' room that bends with the ship, inside is bed with ruffled up blankets & sheets,a pillow that is on the floor, a desk with a turned over chair, as well as a large wooden trunk with a large padlock attached. You have found the captain's quarters.

 

Zaak

 

You put the lantern down & point in the general direction of where the dwarf is going (it only has a glass window the points one way). As you draw your bow & proceed to back up Heleger as he moves across the room, you are standing near the other door, when you hear what appears to be snoring coming from inside the room.

 

rest of the group

 

As Yarrin gets aboard & shakes the water off a bit, you all see there is defeintly a light approaching, probably from a lantern of sorts from the way it looks, you not sure how far off it is or who it is, thou you think it's probably the harbor guard, but it could be at the ship at any time. You recall that Rictur was a "business man & probably wormed his way into getting the guards to come out to the ship.

 

Tag climbs aboard the ship after Yarrin does & shakes off the water but perks up upon hearing her/his (can't recall) name. If no one has any objections, then Yarrin tells Tag "to find the big house they went to earlier in the evening & get someone from the house to come here to the ship, Fast!!" & with that the little sea otter dives into the bay & swims toward the shore, seeking out the Vanderboren Manor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Hmm. If it is the harbour guard then we need to have a good story for them. Who knows what Rictur told them! The obvious one would be that we are hirelings from the Vanderboren manor and here to secure the ship and see that the harbour fees are paid promptly. What do you guys think?" Tolan turns to the rest of them looking for other ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Well, well, lookit, Zaak," the dwarf says, pointing at the chest. "Ah think tha's tha beast place ta look fer Lavinia's da's ring." He takes a step toward it, and then spots the desk. Motioning toward it with his head, he says "Yoo check thar joost in case. Ah'll see if'n ah c'n op'n this 'ere chaist."

 

Not looking to see if Zaak is doing as asked, Heleger walks up to the chest, draws his axe, raises it above his head with both hands, and brings it down with all his might upon the latch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zaak keeping an eye on Helegar notices something with his hearing... Thinking to himself, "Snoring?????" He then looks back to Helegar seeing him raise the Axe above his head. As his axe falls down onto the latch of the chest Zaak realizes its too late. Immediatly Zaak locks his sight on the room in which the snoring was coming from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vieta, not the best spender of money nor the most patient of person, flicks a gold coin to the man and waits to board the gondola.

 

He glances back at the Kellani manor, his mind wandering.

 

I wonder who she is, that one... She seems like a sea lass. Patriarch's daughter? Distant relative? What would bring a noble-born like her to take up such a life?

 

He thought about that and realized:

 

Well, what would make an noble-born like me to take up such a life?

 

Chuckling at the similarity, Vieta leans against something while waiting for the man to tell him to board. For a second, he forgets about the attacks and ponders happy thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger & Zaak

 

Heleger

 

With one mighty swing your axe takes out the padlock & bit of the front of the chest. Opening the chest you rummage through it, you find a bunch of papers, nothing of importance, thou you do find one that might help out later--some crude hand-writing showing the contents of the hold , 1 rhagodessa, 2 monkeys, 2 cats, 1 leopard & 1 phanaton (supposedly can cast spells--yah right). Also you find a velvet pouch, lifting it, you hear the jingle of loose coins, untying the string you see there are platinum peices inside---Lady Vanderboren's missing payment. With most of the contents of the chest on the bedroom floor you do not see the ring.

 

Zaak

 

While watching Heleger rummage through the chest, the snoring continues beyond the other door, whoever it is is fast asleep, even with all the commotion in the captain's quarters.

 

Group (NOTE: this is happening at the same time as above)

 

"Attention Blue Nixie, this is the Merchant District harbor guard!!" a voice is heard coming from the vessel, which is now close to the ship. "We have reason to believe that a situation has arisen aboard your vessel, we are coming aboard to investigate"

 

Tolan, with your daylight vision can see a small boat bearing 7 men wearing studded leather & armed & with the crest of the Merchant District on their uniform approaching the ship, & getting into position to anchor the boat near the Nixie & using the ladder on the side to come aboard.

 

Vieta

 

"Alrighty then" the man says & points to a smaller gondola bearing a blue flag with a gold fish on it next to the pier. Standing near it is a male half-orc dressed in attire showing he is a gondolier of Azure District "Good day & have a safe journey" the man says as you leave.

 

Getting up the gondola the half-orc says "Good mornin sir, where to? I can take you to one of the gondola stations or drop you off near any shoreline if you'd like" Upon saying you'd like to go to the Strumpet's Excuse Inn, the half-orc says "Ah yes, I know the route. They have a dock as well, should be there in no time. So relax & enjoy the morning air" & with that half-orc gets in & awaits for you to settle in, then pushes off from the dock & poles his way toward your destination.

 

The journey is a pleasant surprise epically with all the excitement the last few hours, you find yourself nodding off a bit & upon opening your eyes you see a dock approaching. Off in the distance a huge manor, sitting on a small island, Arabani Manor, you recall some sorta oddball info from your youth & remember that they are the Merchant District noble family representatives. With skilled experience, the half-orc brings the small craft to the dock & grabs ahold of the dock, he has brought you to Merchant District.

 

Upon getting the craft settled, he points to off a bit from the dock "There it is. Have a good day, sir" he says.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yarrin sheaths his scimitar and walks towards the men approaching the ladder. "May Procan's blessing be with you gentlemen. There was a problem with a fire but the situation has been resolved. We do hope you will log this for the guard and so that Lady Vanderboren can review it when she arrives." Yarrin stands at the top of the ladder looking down at the men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Blast tha look! It's nut 'ere," Heleger grumbles as he pockets both the list and the pouch of coins. He turns to see that Zaak has yet to begin searching the desk, and goes to do so himself.

 

"Come 'ere an' gi' me a hand, lad," he says to the elf. "Ah don' wanna take oop too mooch more time," he says as he begins to open drawers and things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...