Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Zaak looks to Helegar thinking to himself, "It might work......." , he says, "Helegar ------ go ahead and trash the desk -- n -- make some loud noise...." still keeping the bow aimed right at the door about chest height for a normal sized human.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thanks, mate." Vieta says and, as a last minute compulsion, he flicks a gold coin to the half-orc as a tip.

 

He walks briskly towards the inn that has been recommended, taking a deep breath of the salty morning air. The sight of sailors, sand, surf, and rickety wooden boats brings a joyful sense of familiarity to him, much preferable to the sights of manors, shops, and alleyways. The sight of an endless horizon of waves and tides always seemed attractive to him whether on land or at sea.

 

Reaching the inn, Vieta looks around for the owner and decides to order a breakfast meal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger & Zaak

As Heleger rifles through the desk, pulling out drawers & such, nothing can be found within, worthless papers & such, but one does catch your eye, something with fine handwriting on it, looks to be Flocktime (spring/low summer), Godsday (our Weds) 5th at the top, something that refers to getting ready to set sail for Farshore.......been awhile since I've seen Jackson, hope he hasn't gotten into to much trouble.........hopefully will have the ship ready for the voyage when a few days......... it is signed Verick Vanderboren.

 

Also anther one that says, "Flocktime, Earthday (our Friday) 7th...Larissa is probably gonna kill me but I decided to buy anther ship, it was too good of a deal to pass up!! It isn't a big one but she is sea-worthy & will make for a good companion vessel the Blue Nixie, haven't given her a name yet, but I decided I'll let Larissa do that (maybe that'll calm her down, ha ha). Will surprise her tonight.....again signed by Verick Vanderboren

 

Today's date is Wealsun (summer) Starday (our Saturday) 8th, a little over a month since the explosion that killed Lavinia's parents. Other then those 2 journal papers, you don't find the ring within the desk. You look around the room, & are about to give up your search when you noticed something odd about the headboard, walking over to it, you run you hands over the area & with a little pressure on one side, push in a small hatch hidden in there. The hatch swings open & you see a ring with a rolled up piece of parchment threaded through it.

 

Grabbing the ring (carefully trying not to touch the pillows, who knows what Vark may have had......) you reach into the compartment & pull out the ring & the parchment. You overlook the ring & see a stylized shield engraved on the top, you recognize the shield as the same one that was on the Vanderboren Manor's main door. You have found the family ring that Lady Vanderboren wanted as well!

 

Pulling the paper from the ring you unroll it & on it are a odd listing of monsters & times of the day, your not sure what that is about, but it might be important, if it was stowed away. Your not sure if Vark even knew about this compartment or not.

 

Handout2-vi.jpg

 

 

Zaak, as you watch Heleger rummaged the room & see him find the ring, the snoring has stopped & a voice "Ahoy Vark, come on man, I know ye be th' leader in all but some o' us be tryin t' get some shut eye here!!! "Oh bilge water!"" & the door starts to open & a man dressed in just plain clothes comes out holding a bottle of rum "Oh bilge water!!" he says upon seeing Zaak & a arrow pointing at him.

 

Group

 

Getting up to the side of the ship, the crew drops a anchor & the man who appears to be the leader ushers 3 men aboard, one holding the lantern, all the while 2 others have light crossbow pointing at the top of the ladder. The 3 guards get up top & then the leader & anther one follows behind, while one stays in the ship.

 

Upon getting up the deck, the leader introduce himself as "Sgt Anderson of the Merchant District Harbor guard." he continues in a calm but stern voice "We have reason to believe this ship has been overtaken by thugs. ruffians, thieves, that sorta thing. A man came ashore, not long ago & was injured & said he was the last of his crew, that his ship had been hijacked &...." the Sgt looks around within the light of the lantern, seeing bodies lying in their state as they were left aboard the deck ".....well now, men arm yourself!!" & with the command the 4 other guardsmen draw their blades "You better have a good explanation or there is hell to pay here!!" "Johanson get up here, we need you!!" calling down to the boat. The other guardsmen climbs aboard, holding his crossbow at Malrae, upon seeing the half-elf. "So who is the speaker of this group? Quickly now!!! & no false moves or my men & will kill each of you, with no questions asked!!

 

 

Vieta

 

"Thanks!" the half-orc says as he catches the coin & poles back to the Azure gondolier station. Getting up the inn, you see the sign a boot kicking a lady of the night in the rear "Hmmm why does it have to night girls..." Going through the door, a man sits at a desk reading a book. Inside of this inn & the one you were just at is almost like night & day, calm & nothing at all going on. "Good morning, can I help you?" the man says to you upon seeing you.

 

Stating that Lady Lavinia Vanderboren said that the inn had a debt with her family, but was cleared up if you & your party could stay here instead "Ah yes, I've only seen one of your party here tonight, a muscular half-elf. Thou my dad may have seen others, but he is resting right now. Breakfast you say, our cook is late this morning, but I can get something going if you'd like. Have a seat" he says & gestures to the common room full of round tables.

 

A few minutes later the man comes from the kitchen with a plate of eggs & hashbrowns, with a glass of mango juice. "Here yah go, enjoy" & returns to the front desk & his book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the others and knowing Heleger is back in the captain's cabin, Tolan turns to the Sergeant and says, "Sergeant you are correct. This ship was taken over by thieves, ruffians and thugs. And upon orders from the Vanderboren household, we have sorted that problem out and recovered the vessel for them. Right now our leader is retrieving the harbour fees from the captain's cabin and will be here shortly. If you would permit me, I will go and inform him that you have arrived. You can send one of your guardsmen with me to ensure my behaviour if you wish."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Ha! Ah foond it!" Heleger exclaims in triumph, holding the ring out to for Zaak to see. He places it in the pouch with the platinum pieces along with all the papers he has found. The pouch he places inside his shirt, next to his skin. That'll help fool pick pookits.

 

"Well, lad, less git ootta heer," he says to Zaak, turning in the direction of the door as he does so. He sees the elf pointing his bow at the door, and then he sees the man whom Zaak is aiming at. Drawing his own weapon, he shouts, "Stay rat where yoo are if'n ya don' wanta git chooped an' shut!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vieta thanks the man and digs in on the meal. He starts with the eggs, always going for the white and saving the yolk for last. Then, he pokes the yolk and lets the savory yellow stuff seep into the potatoes and finishes the best part last.

 

When he is done, he stands up, holding his glass of juice and walks over to the main desk. He puts down a few gold coins to pay for his meal then stands by the window, staring out at the sea while sipping his juice.

 

"You said you saw some of my party here last night? A muscular half-elf?"

 

Vieta tries to find a name for this half-elf but, unfortunately, his short-term memory has never been the best. Might have had something to do with the booze and merry-making from last night...

 

"They here, by any chance? You know where I can find 'em?" he asks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vieta

 

"Thank you, thou the meals are with the room fees, but I'll put this to something good for dinner tonight for you & companions." the man says taking the gold coins. The man pauses a bit, but then says "My dad, signed him in, let see...." going over to the front desk, he grabs the ledger & opens it to some pages..."well we haven't had any guest on my shift, we might be close to the shoreline & we share a dock with Krexlin Imports, but we don't get that many people. I guess people would rather have the old "Strumpet's Excuse" here instead, but of course I've only been here for a few hours, but the last name signed is Malrae Rilynnlylth." he shows you the page & it does say that, you remember the first name, but don't recall if Malrae ever gave you his last name, but you confirm it is him anyways. "Oh good, glad to see you found one of them, btw, I forgot to ask you sign in as well, sorry about that" He hands you a quill & a jar of ink.

 

About that time, a burly bald dwarf with a gold earring in his left ear comes through the doors, "Well its about time you got here, Bolvar. I'm noting this tardiness on your record & my father will dock your pay accordingly." "Ehhh, I was busy." the dwarf says. You also notice a scar on his left cheek as well. "Hope you didn't burn yerself in my kitch'n!! LOL!!" & before the man can reply, the dwarf disappears into the kitchen.

 

"Sorry about that, Bolvar is a good cook, but lacks manners". the man says "Let see, your friend said he was going out, but didn't say where. I do recall he was "armed & ready for action" if you know what mean. "Oh, not sure if I've introduced myself but name is Carl Crackerbarrell & my father is Jim, if there is anything you need while you are staying here, don't hesitate to ask either one of us, well try & see if it gets done for yah."

 

Heleger & Zaak

 

"Now, now canna we work somethin' ou' here, I mean come on, man I done nay wrong!! the man says after seeing Heleger appear from the captain's quarters. "Ummm be Cap'n Vark?" the man looking ever more nervous & puts his hands out in front him, the bottle of rum in one of them.

 

Group

 

"Well now, someone with some sense to them." "Vanderboren eh? Hmmmm that name sounds familiar........" the sgt says looking at his men for a reply, no one says anything, more or less a shake of the head or a shrug of the shoulders. "Well, I'm a reasonable man & I'll grant you this one request, but if you pull any trouble with my man, you'll be the first to breathe his last breath in these waters, you here!!" the sgt. pointing his blade at you the whole time "Grant, go with him, but holler if he does anything, he has that shifty look to him, I don't like it." the mans says to anther guard "Yes sir!" he replys.

 

"Come on" Grants say to you, Tolan "Take me to your leader, & be quick about it, & as the sgt says no funny stuff!!"

 

"Now for the rest of yah. While your buddy is goin to get your leader, you all just wait here nice & easy like." the sgt says to the rest of you. "Looks like you did a number to those other men, but then again, looks like they were outnumbered & outclassed really, no armor, crude weapons, like they were defending their ship but thieves in the night......."

 

"HEY YOU, short one!! Get away from the railing & get yer tail over here where I can see you!!" the sgt says to you Gil. "Tanner, go down to the boat, retrieve the other lantern & then get back up, on the double." "Yes, sir!!" a young guardsman says & climbs back down into the boat, igniting the lantern before he starts to climb back up."

 

"So now, none of yah look like the seafaring type, well maybe you (looks at Yarrin), but maybe cause your all wet, ha ha" " the rest of the crew join in, he continues "So now, which one of yah has a bow or crossbow on yah??" he starts looking at everyone. The guard has returned with the other lantern "Ah good, Tanner, take Steven & check the deck, here to make sure there isn't anyone else hidin in the shadows or what, don't want none of them sneakin up on us in the dark." "Yes sir, right away sir" Tanner says & him & anther guard proceed to look over the ship with the lantern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger & Zaak

 

"Now, now canna we work somethin' ou' here, I mean come on, man I done nay wrong!! the man says after seeing Heleger appear from the captain's quarters. "Ummm be Cap'n Vark?" the man looking ever more nervous & puts his hands out in front him, the bottle of rum in one of them.

 

 

"Coop'n Vark be daid, thief!" the dwarf answers, looking at the bedraggled man in disgust.

 

"Ye stole our lady's boot, an' noo yer askin' oos ta be leenyent! Ah tell ye what, ah willnae kill ya, ah'll joost take ya ta Lady Lavinia an' she'll dicide what ta do wi' ye," Heleger roars. "Noo, lay on that floor face doon, wi' yer 'ands behind yer back. Inny soodden moves, an' Zaak 'ere puts one rat b'tween yer eyes!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vieta reads the ledgers, his fingers tracing on a few names before that of Malrae and seeing if he recognizes any other. He shrugs, takes the pen, and signs himself in as well, putting only "Vieta" and nothing more.

 

He nods, finishes his juice, and closes the book, paying little to no attention to the dwarf's entrance. When Carl introduces himself, Vieta returns the introduction with a handshake and his name: "Vieta".

 

Decent guy, this one.

 

Putting the empty glass down on the counter, Vieta stretches, cracking his knuckles, elbows, and neck with a few twists here and there.

 

"Well, mate." Vieta says to Carl, "This Malrae, he didn't by any chance reserve us a room, did he? I need to put this stuff down somewhere..."

 

He gestures to the cloth sack he carries over his shoulder, filled with his belongings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zaak & Heleger

 

"Eh'k, doin as you say" the man drops to the ground with his arms out (still grasping the bottle of rum the entire time) "So whatcha plannin on doin to me?" he says as he is laying there.

 

A few minutes after he is on the ground, the door starts to swing open.......

 

 

Group

"Good, at least one of yah has some sense" the sgt says to Malrae. After a bit one of the guards walking the deck shouts out "Sgt Anderson!! Come here quick!!". They are near the front of the ship where the party(your's) came aboard.

Tolan

 

Walking with the guard, you reach the door where Heleger & Zaak entered "Go ahead, open it." the guard says, his blade ready to strike you & whatever might come out if the door is opened.

 

Vieta

 

"Actually you all have your own room, your friend's room is #18 & the ones around it are reserved whenever your party comes in to claim them. Ah here we go, your friend did mention your name, my dad didn't put it on the right page, along with everyone else as well." Carl says, a bit angry about the info in the wrong spot. "Ah, oh well, it was late I guess, dad, just not as young as he use to be I guess." Upon, seeing that, he looks at the room keys & hands you one with the number #20 on it..."next to your friend, up on the 2nd floor. I hope you find it comforting"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Ah joost fookin' toold ya! Are ye deef 'r somethin'? Ah'm takin' ye ta Lady Lavinia Vanderboren, an' she c'n disside what ta do with ye. Lay stili, varmint!" Heleger bellows as he approaches the prostrate pirate. He sticks his axe back in his belt, and draws some rope from his pack. Bending down, he proceeds to tie the miscreant's hands behind his back.

 

The busy dwarf doesn't notice the door until it is almost open. "Whoever it is, Ah'll be out in a minnit. Ah found tha lady's ring, an' her mooney, an' me an' Zaak went an' caught one of tha buggers alive fer tha lady ta ask queshuns of," he says in the direction of the door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unsure how twitchy the guard is, Tolan slowly opens the door, and upon hearing Heleger's voice he calls back, "Hey Heleger, glad you found her ring. That will help. We have some company here on deck. The watch wants to know what we are doing on the Vanderboren's ship. I have one of them here with me, he wants to have a chat with you."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...