Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Vieta finishes his drink and stands when the familiar face of the gnome catches his attention.

 

"Yes... ummm... my family affairs... has been taken care of!" Vieta bluffs, putting the empty glass down

 

He makes a mental note to send them the money. The way things are going, he realizes he likely won't get around to visiting them anytime soon. At least, for the time being.

 

"Ship? What ship? What happened last night?" he asks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Watthahelldoyawan'?" Is the sleepy reply heard from Heleger's room when Charles knocks. The door then opens to reveal a rumpled, hastily clothed dwarven prince who looks all the worse for wear. "Da yoo have inny idea what time it be, ya goblin fondler?"

 

He listens to the man explain his business, closes the door, gets dressed, and goes down to the common room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger

 

"I'm sorry to bother you, but a lady gnome is downstairs requesting your presence. She said it might be worth your while." the man says, before he leaves he says "Oh & btw, I do know what time it is, it's almost noon" he smiles.

 

Yarrin

 

"I'm sorry to bother you, but there is a lady gnome downstairs requesting your presence. Again sorry to bother you." You've rested enough to regain your spells, thou you will need to pray for them.

 

Tolan

 

Yes the bed seems almost to good to be true, you slept without any nightmares, for once in a long time. As you answer the door, the man says 'Sorry to bother you, but a lady gnome requests your precenses down in the common room. Good day."

 

Malrae

 

the man knocks on the door, but no answer, again he knocks but nothing, he proceeds to the next door. (gonna drop Styates till he can come back & post for himself)

 

Gil

 

He knocks on the door, but no response, again nothing. He proceeds to the next door

 

Zak

 

He knocks on the door but no response, again he knocks, nothing, he returns downstairs.

 

Vieta

 

"Good, family must come first. These days Lavinia & Vanthus are really the only family I have left." Kora says, "Of course they aren't my real family, they just feel like it & they treat me like a grandmother as well, so the feeling is mutual, thou last time I saw Vanthus he was in a very upsetting mood. He didn't say much, he just stormed out of the manor." Kora says

 

"The ship, well your companions decided to take on Sollar Vark & his men last night. They got the job done but one of the men got away & tried to frame your friends as the ones with the crime, but her ladyship put them in their place, he he I'm not sure if it was cause she was awaken in the middle of the night or the men just weren't prepared for that." Kora says smiling. "Lavinia was a tad bit upset the way back to the manor, but she did say that she was grateful that your friends did the job & were able to secure her family's ship."

 

You see the man return downstairs & walks over to you & Kora "It's done, ma'am. Also three of them didn't respond." he says & with that he holds out his hand. Kora reaches into a small pouch & hands the man 3 gold coins "Thank you" & with that the man gives a bow & says "Anytime you need our help, don't hesitate to ask us." He leaves.

 

Everyone

 

"Hmmm I wonder if everything is alright?" she says in refrence to the no answers. It's few minutes after the man leaves but Yarrin, Tolan & Heleger arrive down in the common room.

 

"Ah good, your here." Kora says "Is everything ok with your other companions?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Well it was quite an evening we had so I'm sure they are just resting it off though I think I'll be checking on them myself before long. I wish to say once more that we are sorry for having to disturb the Lady last night but I am glad that her property is once mroe in her hands." Yarrin looks about for the innkeeper as his stomache growls. "Is there something else that you wish of us perhaps Lady Kora?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Tha oothers'll probly be along inna mooment, Kora. Like Yarrin sayed, it wuz a roogh'n last night," Heleger chimes in. thinking of his stomach as well, and remembering that the last time he ate was at the Vanderboren estate, he looks for the landlord as well.

 

"Hey! Innkeep! Wherever ya are! Cheese, bread, 'n' ale! Widda quickness!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Yes Kora, I, like the others, would like to apologise for waking Lady Lavinia last night. It will be the last time that I place any faith in the scum that this planet can produce." Tolan says with some chagrin at leaving Rictus alive. "If there is anything we can do, just let us know."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Yes I guess it was pretty rough for you guys & that I apologize, Lavinia was excited to do the next job that she kept telling me to "go get them, go get them.""

 

Kora smiles a bit

 

"And so I did. I hope your friends are ok & you can relay the information to them later."

 

she pauses a bit before continuing.

 

"Lady Lavinia would like to offer more permanant income to each of you, as she was excited to get her father's signet ring back & of course the Nixie as well, she said "That things look to be turning around for the Vanderboren family!", but she is willing to offer each of you 100 gold coins each month that you are employed with the Vanderboren family."

 

Kora lets you think about the offer for a bit. The innkeeper, a elderly man comes over to the table at this time, with a plate of cheeses & meats & a couple of pitchers of mead & some glasses. "Good afternoon, master dwarf, is there anything else I can get you at this time?" the man waits for decision.

 

"It might be to your advantage to be employed by one of the Sasserine's noble families & with that comes other benefits & rewards as well." Kora adds.

 

"Also, if you take the offer of the employment, she already has a task for you to go with it, but she wouldn't tell me what that was, said if they want to know they will have to take the offer & come to the manor later today for it." Kora says.

 

"Take some time to think about it, but I will say the Lady Lavinia is a fair & just employer & I think it'd really work out for all of you to be employed by her. I hope to see all of you later today at the manor house." & with that Kora stands & gives a formal bow & takes her leave of the party.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yarrin leans back in his chair quietly. Closing his eyes he sinks deep inside his being and begins softly chaning a prayer to Procan seeking divine guidance to this latest divergence in his life. Is this the path that leads to his will? Or is this a detour pulling him in the wrong direction.

 

As the minutes roll past a smile crosses his lips as the peace of understanding gently descends on him, it appears that Yarrin will be seeing the manor house once more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After listening to Kora's offer, Tolan thinks to himself for a few minutes about the benefits of permanent employment and what that could mean in terms of research into a cure for his condition. The money offered was more than any single job he had ever pulled for the underbelly of the city and that was quite tempting. However, any time he had been associated with a group of people in the past had always ended up badly for those he was associated with. Bad luck seemed to follow him, but strike those that got close to him. Yet another part of the curse his family had left him with.

 

But, Oh! to be able to find a cure for his torment! That would be a dream. Perhaps then his father would recognise him once again and let him live in the manor house once again! This offer is too good to pass up!

 

Tolan turns to Kora and says, "What time will Lady Vanderboren be expecting us?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"No, that'll be all, good sir," Heleger says to the innkeep as he starts in on the food. He eats with great relish, as one does after being up most of the night and nearly killed.

 

The dwarf listens to Kora give Lady Lavinia's offer, and does not hesitate to answer. "Ah don' need any time ta think it over, Kora. Yoo shudda known Ah'd accept b'fore askin'. Tell tha lady Ah'll be along directly."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

before Kora leaves--

 

"Lady Vanderboren would like everyone there at 3 o'clock please, the job requires a bit of travel, but nothing major or out of the city. Thank you all, there is something about your group that has that feel good feeling inside me, something I haven't felt in awile in any of the Vanderboren's hired help."

 

As you are all in agreement about the monthly wage & the next job, the day's events from noon to the scheduled 3:00 time, more or less taking the time to relax a bit. Gil has come down from the room, as for not hearing the knock, he says he was fast asleep & even if the inn was leveled he'd probably not hear it. Upon hearing the news of the semi-permanent job & the next job, he agrees that it would be nice to have a steady income & agrees to join the group later. (Gil will be posting later). Thou Malrae hasn't come down yet & one of you has knocked on his door, your not sure what is up with him. You decide to carry on without him & make your way from the Strumpet to the Vanderboren Manor, by the way of Stirge Street. You cross the bridge, that most everyone used yesterday & make your way up to the manor gate. It is closed but as you turn the handle it opens with a slight squeak & make your way to the home.

 

Knocking on the door, you are greeted by Kora & she ushers you into the library again. "Please wait here, I'll let her Ladyship know you are here."

 

A few minutes later, Lady Lavinia Vanderboren enters the room, she is wearing a loose white shirt, buttoned up & a red silk vest. She is wearing leather breeches with high boots made of some leather, her hair is tied in the back. A tad bit different look from last night first encounter but nonetheless, still a gorgeous sight. Kora comes in behind her with a rolling table with small velvet looking bags on it.

 

"Welcome, my friends, Kora, says you accept the monthly offer I proposed, good, very good. Also before we go any further, please accept your payment for last night's work. Thank you for clearing that up so quickly, as for me appearing down there, no harm, no foul. Please take these with my sincere gratitude."

 

Kora hands each of you a bag from the table, inside are 200 gold crowns, the full payment she offered.

 

"Kora says that some of the party has either left or not here, I see Malrae is one, also the wood elf as well, hmmm hopefully they will return, I will keep their reward here, just in case." she says

 

"Now for the current offer, with my father's signet ring I can now open my family's vault that is under Castle Teraknian. Now I've never been there, so I have no idea of the layout or what is exactly there, but I know my family has one, as do all of the noble families in Sasserine. Rumors are that some vaults are extensive & are guarded by traps. Now my family is of noble birth, but I highly doubt our vault is as big as say Arabani, the district's noble representative family, but just to be safe, I'd like for you to accompany me to the Castle, you never know what we might run into. Also the code that Sir Heleger gave me with my ring has me stumped as well, being that you are adventurers, you might understand it more."

 

She hands the parchment to the group.

 

"It's my father's handwriting, but what it is I'm not sure, maybe something to do with the vault, as it was with the ring". (the parchment is in post #558)

 

"So you up for some underground vault hunting?" she says with a smile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger bows to Kora as she hands him the bag of coins. "Ah'll poot these ta yuse mendin' mah armor. Thankee."

 

He then steps back to listen to the lady Vanderboren's generous offer.

 

She hands the parchment to the group.

 

"It's my father's handwriting, but what it is I'm not sure, maybe something to do with the vault, as it was with the ring".

 

The dwarf takes the parchment from her and studies it. "Soonrise, soonset.....it cood mean east an' west, or left an' right....combination maybe?" he says aloud to no one in particular. The lady makes her request of them before he can say anything else.

 

"So you up for some underground vault hunting?" she says with a smile.

 

"O'course, lady, o'course. Well , Ah am innyways," Heleger replies with a smile. "Ah'll need a little time ta get mah armor mended b'fore startin' out, though."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gil stumbles down the stairs still rubbing the sleep from his eyes. His hair and beard have obviously not dealt with after getting out of bed. He see the others already in the common room. Stumbles over to the table.

"Good Morning," he says, speaking in a overly loud voice. "What's for beakfast? Did I miss anything?"

He sits down and start trying to straighten his beard with his fingers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yarrin takes the money and sets it aside for the moment. "I remember sunrises and sunsets and monsters but it really didn't make much sense," he says recalling what he could of the parchment. "We need a bit of reference to understand what it truly means."

 

 

He leans back in his chair and smiles, "To the vaults it is."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thinking for a while about the parchment, Tolan replies to Heleger, "You might have something there with the combination idea. I would have to see the context for it to make sense though." Turning to Lady Vanderboren he says, "As always milady your payment is much appreciated. And given my talents for seeing in dark places, a little underground work never goes astray. Lead us to the vault and we will see what we can find." Under his breath he mutters something and those closest to him catch a few words, "hopefully...not bad....luck."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...