Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Vieta closes one eye, the gun barrel drawing a figure eight as he tries to line up the barrel with the creature. Finally, he pulls the trigger and lets loose a shot towards the creature.

 

(Shoot roll: 13 (raw score) )

 

Then, Vieta tucks the pistol between his belt and draws his blade, keeping his eyes on the creature for an opportunity to charge it (preferably if it is not facing him).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dwarf price growls low in his throat and prepares to defend Lavinia to the death. "Come on, ya oogly bastard! Lemme see tha' pinty-teethed grin so's I c'n hack it apart!" He yells as he swings at the monster.

 

 

 

 

Attack: 1d20(16) +6 =22. Damage (If a successful hit): 1d10(3) +3 =6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Sorry for the lengthy delays on this one lately, life getting in the way I guess)

Initial starting positions

 

Vanderboren updated map

 

 

Map notes--

 

red is the snake

blue is the players

orange is Lavinia

Round #1

 

Yarrin

 

You rush from your companion's side & strike down upon the unnatural snake! Your blade seems to slide off the snake's metallic skin even thou the blow was deep thou. (Damage ?)

 

Vieta (btw you have a +3 to hit Dex)

 

Seeing the snake's head in your gun sight. you squeeze the trigger & with a loud bang that echoes in the other chamber, fire a bullet from your grandfather's old gun, the snake jerks it head to the side at the last moment & the bullet impacts on the stone wall, putting a nice hole in the carved wall.

 

Tolan

 

You call upon the baneful energies that you command & fire a blast at the snake. The blast strikes the creature for 5 pts. You notice that it took the entire damage, as you tear open a hole on it hood.

 

Cobra

 

The beast strikes fast at Tolan, trying to bite him, but you take a step backwards to avoid it.

 

Heleger

 

Rushing for your employer's side, you engage the creature as it pulls back from trying to strike Tolan, the axe comes down upon it's head but like Yarrin's scimitar, the blow isn't as bad as you want it to be. (damage ?)

 

Lavinia

 

She holds off on attacking, as she isn't a fighter & also with so many people around the creature, she will strike it if gets free or in the open.

 

Gil

The way it's positioned, you can move around the pillar to get behind the creature. Double moving gets you to the spot on the map.

 

End Round #1

 

Round #2

 

Veita

 

With everyone around the creature, there is no way you can engage the snake by melee.

NOTE: I'm keeping track of the damage that everyone does of the creature, as players that have hit it, notice there is some sorta Damage Resistance to it. I just won't note the reduced number here) :devil:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GM-

You can roll the attack & damage, it doesn't matter to me. I'm just keeping track of the damage done to the creature as it has some DR to it, kinda makes it's a mystery. Wasn't sure of your actions, as your last post has just your initiative roll in it. Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, they seem to have things under control...

 

Vieta thinks as he watches the group surround the snake. He sheaths his blade and withdraw his pistol, loading a fresh cartridge down the barrel.

 

With gun in hand, and with everyone else distracted, Vieta begins to walk around the room, keeping an eye open on the melee for any change but also taking the opportunity to look for any more valuable things he can nick (or any other monsters hiding themselves).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heleger seethes to himself as his strike seems to have no effect.

 

Damn. Ah knoo that bloo was a good oon, boot tha thing doesn't seem hurt!

 

He raises his axe for another strike, and says "Confound yoo, ya oonnatooral beast! yer goin' ta die!"

 

 

 

Attack: 1d20(16) +6 =22. Damage: 1d10(7) +3 =10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Round #2 continued....

 

Yarrin

You swing at the cobra's head with your blade, you land a blow that would knock down or even kill a normal cobra, but the blade only seems to scratch the surface of the creature.

 

Vieta

 

You move from the doorway over to where Lavinia is standing with her rapier in her hand, while loading your pistol. There appears to be nothing in this room of value, your not sure of the contents of the new room thou.

 

Tolan

 

waiting for rd 2 actions

Cobra

Again the creature snaps at Tolan. The snake opens it's mouth revealing the needle sharp fangs & sinks them into your exposed hand. It feels like a large needle, only worse as the blow pierces right through your hand. As it begins to pull it fangs out of your flesh, you feel something gush out of it & into your blood. (damage 7 pts & make a SAVE vs FORTITUDE). It quickly retracts back into a guard position to fight off the next attack.

 

Heleger

 

As it retracts after biting Tolan, you get a clear shot at it & take a mighty swing with your axe, the sound of metal on metal rings in the chamber, but just like Yarrin's scimitar the blade does strike as well as it should.

 

Lavinia

 

She sees Tolan get bit by the cobra............(her actions depend on Tolan surviving the bite)

 

Gil

 

You move behind the snake & it doesn't seem to notice you move up on it, as it is focus on Tolan & now looks at the dwarf. You strike with all your might & hit the creature, but the attack isn't as successful as you'd like. You notice that your sneak attack has no effect on the creature (it's a contruct).

Round 2 will end after I get Tolan's actions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...