Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

Flashing the innkeeper's son a brief smile, Tolan says, "I would love some breakfast. Feels like I haven't eaten in days."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finishing his morning prayers and basking in the healing presence of Procan, Yarrin heads downstairs. "Breakfast sounds great. Something to fill the body and hopefully refresh the brain too because we certainly have a decision to make today. I have a feeling that no matter which way we choose danger is going to be ahead of us."

Edited by Outkast Samurai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"None for me, boy." Vieta says, declining breakfast.

 

He does, however, seat himself at the table and, taking the liberty to open a bottle of rum, claims a corner of the table for himself. Taking out a cleaning kit, he lays his pistol out on the table and begins to unload it, using rum and a hankie to rub out the carbon that has encrusted itself in the barrel of his pistol.

 

He does this again and again, using another hankie until the fabric is no longer stained black when he withdraws it from the barrel.

 

"There should be no danger unless you give them cause for it, mate..." he says as he places his gunpowder horn onto the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The innkeeper's son starts to leave to gather the requested breakfests, you hear him say softly "Boy? He is like 20 years my junior??". After a bit the innkeeper comes out with the breakfests, consisting of some scrambled eggs & some slices of ham.

 

"Enjoy, gentlemen." he says & returns to the front desk & write something down in a ledger.

 

As everyone is enjoying the meals (surprisingly they are pretty good, concidering who made them), the dwarf comes out of the kitche. "Hey Charles, we're out of beef, gotta run to the market." the dwarf says as he puts on a floppy hat & leaves the inn. "I uhhh, yah sure." the man says after the dwarf leaves. Everyone finishes their meals, Charles comes over & take the dishes away. As he returns from the kitchen, a young elfin woman with long flowing silver hair wearing leather armor with a rapier & a dagger at her side comes down the stairs, she take a glance at the party, her bright ice blue eyes piercing the air in between her & the party.

 

"Morning." she says as she stops at the front desk.

 

"Good morning, Sheylah. I hope your rest was uneventful & fullfilling." Charles says.

 

"It was, thank you." She hands the man a key. "Hopefully I can return, depends on the job I have." she says.

 

"Anytime, anytime, the Strumpet is always open."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon the sight of a woman, Vieta's instincts kicks in. His focus on his pistol diminishes as his eyes are averted to the elf. A light grin curls his lips as he leans back in his chair and inspects her.

 

"Now there, mates, stands a fine specimen of beauty..." he says to his companions around the table, but hopefully low enough that she did not hear.

 

Meanwhile, he withdraws the hankie from the gun barrel and begins to load it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You'd be surprised what my ears can hear." the she-elf says to you. "Best you'd either say what you want loudly & confidently, or write it down for your friends to read." Sheylah says, still standing by the front desk.

 

She starts to walk away but turns & says, "but thank you. Your not half bad yourself, for a human."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger watches the exchange between the elf lady and Vieta, a mixture of amusement and annoyance on his face. "Wrap it oop, manling," he says to Vieta in a low voice. "We got binness elsewhere today."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Don't get your beard all in a bunch, shortie." Vieta says with a grin as he tosses his bottle of rum to the dwarf. "I won't be long..."

 

He gets up and approaches the elf, stopping in front of her and giving her a gentleman's bow.

 

"Then let me introduce myself to ye, miss. The name's Vieta, a... humble sailor. What delightful name might grace one as ye, fair elf?" he asks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Vieta approach the elf, Tolan leans over towards Heleger, "Two gold says she shoots him down." He grins. "Have you made a decision as to where we will go today?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The innkeeper said my name sailor, it's Sheylah. A bit of water or worse, wax in your ears, perhaps?" the she-elf says to you Vieta.

 

"& your right, you won't be long." she says as she turns around & heads for the door. "Maybe next time, sailor." & she disappears into the street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Looks like I was right on the money. Ah well perhaps next time he will fare better," Tolan whispers to Heleger. He continues with breakfast, enjoying the meal. Between mouthfuls he asks, "So, what's the plan boss?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Maybe..." he says, and stares at her back as she leaves.

 

He returns to his seat at the table and props his legs back up on the table, hands held cup behind his resting head.

 

"Can't win them all, mates... ya can't win them all." he says with an amused grin, and relaxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Looks like I was right on the money. Ah well perhaps next time he will fare better," Tolan whispers to Heleger. He continues with breakfast, enjoying the meal. Between mouthfuls he asks, "So, what's the plan boss?"

 

 

"Well," Heleger says after taking a swig of the rum, "Ah think we shood check oot tha Shadowshore like Lady Lavinia said. Ah don' knoo whar tha place is, so one o' yoo folk shood lead tha way."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta leans forward when he hears of the Shadowshores.

 

"That's a bad district, friends." he says, having had his share of experiences with illegal affairs. "I suggest we be keepin' a low profile if we are to venture over there. We want to gather as much information without havin' to give out any. You can never know who might be listenin' down there, savvy?"

 

"Any of y'all perchance got any contacts down there? A relative, perhaps?" he says jokingly and leans back again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...