Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

"Not so much as a relative in that district, but I know my way around well enough," Tolan replies. He then adds quietly, "And there are a fair number of people that don't want to cross me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm afraid I don't know anyone in Shadowshore but I have heard of some of the things that happen out that way," Yarrin says leaning back thinking. "But it would also be the most likely place for us to dig up the information that we need too."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan scarfs down a few mouthfuls quickly and rises, downing a bit of watered wine before he says, "After you mate."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta, having a good feeling a fight was ahead somewhere, checks his shot bag and powder horn for what is left.

 

(OOC- about how many shots does Vieta have left? 10?)

 

He stands up, takes back his bottle of rum, takes another swig, and plugs it, then walks out into the street and follows the group to their next destination.

 

"Alright... how are we gettin' there. I've had my share of walking."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta, as you watch the elven lass walk away, you check your powder, you judge you have 10 shots left. As you make your way out to the street, you notice the elf has disappeared already.

 

Deciding that the best course of action would be to try & follow up the boat lead in Shadowshore, you make your way over to the gondola station. It's only 10 am in the morning but the humidity of the day is starting to creep into your clothes & the air is wet & heavy. You get to the gondola station & along with a couple other people, make your way over to Shadowshore.

 

"Maybe we should try & talk to the dwarf again, maybe he might know something that he didn't tell yesterday?" Heleger suggests as the party disembarks from the gondola.

 

With the shop only a few yards away from the station, you all pay the dwarf a visit. The dwarf recognizes Tolan. "Ah, I see your back & you've brought friends, Come to buy a boat this time?" he says. As the party asks him about Vanthus & Penkus, Panchi says "Look, I told him what I know. I'm not holding anything back. Hell, I got my gold from them I could care less if your here to turn them in for stealing that gold. I don't care." Panchi says. Seeing that dwarf is telling the truth or it appears that he is. You decide that this is a dead end & leave the dwarf to his business.

 

"Well what now?" Heleger says "Tolan, you said you know these parts where to?"

 

Arwin Anybodys

 

Grabbing the last of your gear, which isn't much really. You since the strings & sling the bag over your shoulder. Anther voyage, anther gold coin. Only to Port Joli in lands of the Sea Princes, but the coin was good, epically since 3 members were killed in a scuffle during the layover there. You didn't know any of them, so it was no loss on your part + you got a spiffy glowing dagger out it. Speaking of which you check the scabbard you placed the dagger in, never know what the cur that you sail with might do. Seeing that you still have it, you pat the weapon & make your way across the ship & then down the gangway & onto the docks, ah Shadowshore, a hole, but a hole you call home. You got a few gold off this voyage, so need to look for a ship that needs some muscle right away, you decide your safe to spend a few of that new gold at a local tavern, The Plucked Parrot. As you get about halfway down the long dock that is owned by the Parrot, you hear behind you.

 

"Hey, half-breed. I think you have something of mine." the voice sounds familiar but you can't recall the name attached to it. You turn around in response & see it's a tall lanky human wearing loose clothing. A fellow sailor on the last job, he has a cutlass out & pointed at you. "Hand over the dagger & we can handle this cleanly." he demands with his voice & with the other hand. He is backed by 2 other scallywags, that were also on the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arwin turns on her heels as soon as she hears the voice call out from behind her. She knows it is she the voice is referring to because there just are not that many of her kind walking around the Shadowshore. Right away she recognizes the man in the baggy shirt and trousers as one of the blowhards from the ship from which she had been all too glad to disembark. He has two of his surly compatriots closeby, and his cutlass is drawn.

 

She takes a second and contemplates her chances in a fight, be it a fair fight or otherwise, and calculates that even if she can get the best of those three, there are another dozen or more waiting about who would be willing to exploit the chance to rob her of her gold and gear while she is outnumbered. Arwin turns back around and resumes her path toward the Parrot. taking few more seconds to consider her surroundings and quickening her pace as she does so. She is not particularly strong, nor do most locals of the 'Shore find her visage particularly threatening so bluffing her way out of this is out of the question. Besides, having been a child of the streets, she has learned that survival depends on much more than being tough. She knows she is better off picking her own fights carefully rather than letting others pick her fights for her. She looks around ahead of her beyond the Parrot, hoping to find either a teeming masss of people to blend into or better yet a good spot to duck into for a few minutes and hope those three pass her by. Those sorts generally do not stick to anything very long and will give up the chase as soon as they see The Velvet Hatch on the other side of Harbor Way.

 

____

 

Spot Check - looking for an escape of some sort: 11(+5)=16

Hide Check - should an escape make itself available: 10(+3)=13

 

__

 

(edit)

I forgot I have a detailed map of the area...which is a nice thing to have. :lol:.. so is there a means of getting off the dock before reaching the inn? She'd rather not go for a swim while carrying her gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM (your about halfway on that long dock that links the Parrot/shore to the ship. There are other ships docked to & there are people walking by, there aren't many near you thou. Also none are like "Oh my a blade!' kinda look, it is Shadowshore after all. If you'd like to run away from them, you'll have to win a Initiative check. There is some people walking past the Parrot, but not many, it is only around 11 am or so.)

 

"Well, what's it gonna be?" the man says, confident he has the muscle to overtake you if you try to cross blades with him. He is getting impatient. One of the men behind him gives a toothy grin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arwin gives brief consideration to using her light crossbow, but even if she gets lucky and puts one of them down, the other two will jump her. So she decides to chance the quick getaway.

 

Without even dignifying the man's threat with a rude response, Arwin takes off running for the dock-entrance of the Plucked Parrot.

 

___

 

Initiative to flee: 12(+3)=15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan thinks for a moment and then says, "We could try Honest Branks. He is a moneylender in the area and if Vanthus was short on cash to buy a new boat he might know something about it. Otherwise we could head down to the docks and see if we could find this ship. The docks might be a bit easier, Branks usually requires a bit of lubrication to get his tongue to waggle."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And don't forget that Procan's waters often see things that men overlook. You just never can tell what we might find out down on the docks," Yarrins says thinking it over. "Besides, Heleger is right, no point in spending anything we don't have to."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the party seems to be indfferent in where to go, you take a vote & the docks gets the high vote (as determined by your previous postings) & you make your way down the docks. After spending a few hours on the docks asking around, looking at the ships, boats that moored to the docks, you come up with nothing. As you all decide that the moneylender would be a next step, Yarrin recalls that he does have a friend here in Shadowshore, a ship captain, goes by the name, Amella Venkalie, she doesn't like gnomes, but then you realize Gil isn't with you. She was staying at the Plucked Parrot, but that was a last time you saw her & that was a couple weeks ago.

 

"Weell, mahybee she still thair?" Heleger says 'beesydez, I could use a dreenk. This dahmn'ble heat is ghettin to me, already!!"

 

The party makes it's way toward the parrot

(everyone make spot checks)

Arwin

 

You seem to get the jump on them & knowing there might be a bit humilation from running, but hey you get to keep the blade & your not dead! Running down the dock, you hear "Oof! Damnit!, Get off me you lug.You stop to catch your breath & catch a glance back & you see that one of the lunks behind the guy has tripped & caught his 'boss" & both of them are on the dock. "Are you waitin fer a holiday, go after her!" & the other man rushes off. He sees you & chases after you. You are up to Amedio Trading concern (building #18 on the Shadowshore map)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although she likes the odds better now that only one is even close to catching her, she still tries to lose him. Just across Harbor Way, to the right of The Velvet Hatch, there is a small alleyway between the brothel and the building beside it. Being fairly familiar with the alleys in this part of town, Arwin decides to try to lose the thug in the maze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...