Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

"I agree. I could use a drink about now. Hopefully that friend of yours is still around, Yarrin," Tolan replies.

 

 

(Spot check - 18)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta walks alongside the group, taking the time to observe the environment around him, especially the boats docked and the types of sailors crewing them.

 

(Spot Check- 19)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"She is quite a colorful person shall we say. If there is any type of information floating around I wouldn't doubt that she may just have heard it," Yarrin says.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Spot check=17)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone makes their check but Heleger

 

(SPOT RESULTS)

As you make your way towards the Plucked Parrot, you notice that there is someone, a male human, with messy long black hair, that is kinda tied in the back, wearing ragged leather armor pokes in & out of crowds & around corners, trying to tail you. Vieta, you recognize the man, as the man that quickly left the Empty Grave tavern yesterday.

 

The party is near the NE corner of the Amedio Trading Concern building (#18)

 

Arwin

 

You make your way into the maze & you lose the thug. He gives up after rounding a couple turns. "Bah, it wasn't worth that much anyways." he says to himself in regards to the dagger. "I hope you slit your own wrists with it!" he shouts out into the open air, like it would help & turns around & returns back to the dock.

 

After about 15 minutes of waiting, your sure he isn't hiding around a bend & you've gotten rid of the man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta notices the man, but keeps his cool, hissing to his party members:

 

"Act normal. Normal, I say"

 

He tries not to look back, but continues walking casually as if he never spotted the man. One of his hand rests on his pistol, the other on his cutlass.

 

"We're being followed, mates. Let's make 'im follow us into an alley and ambush the bastard..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once it seems the man and his accomplices are off of her trail, Arwin resolves to get around to doing what she had set out to do in the first place, and that is to have herself a good lunch of something that has not been dried, pickled or otherwise spent the past month mouldering in some crate or barrel beneath the decks of some leaky boat or other. And of course what is a good lunch without a few good drinks?

 

Before re-entering Harbor Way somewhere between the trader building and the Sailmakers Guild hall, Arwin takes a monent to catch her breath and readjust her pack and clothes, which had become a bit dishevled in the chase.

 

She walks nonchalantly down Harbor Way, heading toward the Plucked Parrot. Still she looks around and even over her shoulder to be sure none of her pursuers have turned back back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yarrin nods but says nothing. Moving his hands in stride with walking he bumps the hilt of his scimitar to a more accessable position in case things go wrong. Letting his senses drift he begins probing the subtle life coursing through the ground under the paving stones making sure that a secondary option is in place as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Aye, the bugger looks familiar" Vieta responds, and takes the lead.

 

He keeps an eye open for an alleyway and, once he spots it, he waves for the party to go ahead while he waits back.

 

"Block the end of the alley and hide yerselves. We're gonna trap this fool, mates." he says and turns casually in the direction they came from to make sure the pursuer is still in pursuit. If he spots him, Vieta acts as if he is not suspicious, takes a moment to fix the rag tied around his head, then enters the alleyway, hoping to bait the pursuer to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta

 

Vieta you turn off into a alley as the rest of the group continues onward. As you walk down it, a figure comes toward you, it's a female half-orc, she has the smell of the sea on her, something your very familiar with. She gives you a look but passes by & turns in the same direction your friends are traveling. You walk up the alley & see a discarded pile of wood & other debris, that you crouch behind & wait. Your plan works! The man, peeks toward the group, but then steps into the alleyway & walks toward your hiding spot, unaware that you are behind it.

 

Arwin

 

A human male turns onto the alley that you are walking down, but he doesn't appear to after you (ie not part of the group on the dock). He gives you a look but nothing more. You get to the end of the alley look one way & the other, the group is gone & you make your way toward the Parrot. There appears to be a group with a dwarf & 2 humans in front of you.

 

Suddenly you hear "Get her!" & out from behind a couple buildings & the same man along with same 2 men + anther one. The 3 lackeys cut off all the exits this time, the man approaches you "Now look I was nice last time & gave you a chance, but this time I'm not gonna be nice & I'm gonna take the dagger. I'm thirsty, as are my friends (with that the men draw cutlasses). So should I kill you slowly or just remove something you don't need like your hands? Hmmmm?

 

Group

 

As you walk past a alleyway, Vieta turns down it & the party continues onward. After a bit, Yarrin you spot a female half-orc emerge from the same alley, but it looks like she was just walking down it. You notice she is cautious before entering Harbor Way, but proceeds toward the party. The man with black hair, takes the bait & goes down the alleyway after Vieta. Suddenly you hear a voice from a man that was just standing near the corner of the ATC building. He shouts "Get her!" & 3 other men emerge from places & surround the same half-orc. They draw weapons & the man that shouted appears to be the leader. You see he draws a cutlass & approaches the half-orc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arwin has her hand on her dagger almost as soon as she hears the man yell "Get her!" Looking around she sees that he has recruited yet a third lackey, and the four of them have removed all chances of her getting away again. The thug leader closes in on her with his cutlass drawn, and so she decides to try some recruiting of her own.

 

while en-route to the Parrot, she had been unintentionally following two humans and a dwarf. All three seemed well enough equipped and capable of dealing with a few thugs, and best of all, none of them appeared to be the local types and so they seem more likely to be at least sympathetic to her predicament.

 

Arwin brandishes her dagger as though she had no practical experience with using one. "Call that givin' a chance, do ye? Maybe next time ye'd be wiser ter do me in before ye try ter steal all me swag an 'ave yer ways with me." She makes sure she is loud enough for both the thugs and those she had been following to hear her. "Get it done, then. Don't let these gents stop ye. Wot's it ter them if one more skint bint from ther Shore is found toes-up in ther drink."

 

 

___

 

Bluff Check - convincing the adventurers she is an innocent victim: 9 (+0) = 9

 

BTW yes, Arwin is a half-orc of the very cute variety and yes, she is originally from Liverpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the noise behind them, Tolan turns and sees the three men approaching the half-orc. Having had no luck at this point of finding their quarry, he is a bit distempered and spoiling for a bit of a fight. "Excuse me gentlemen, but this lady seems to be disinclined to acquiesce to your request that she relinquish her dagger."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the ruffians moving in on the lady Yarrin draws his scimitar and moves up next to Tolan, "By Procan's grace turn and walk away while you still have the ability and means of doing so. Choose quickly as my friend here doesn't share my patience."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...