Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


Recommended Posts

"As I previously said, 'I heard a loud boom and came running down the street to see what was going on. I saw a broken window and heard something inside, so I yelled into the window to see if I could break the fight apart but I started to get attacked myself by a human who somewhat disappeared wearing a purple shirt that somewhat matched the Half-Orc that is lying there on the ground. The human that was here one minute ago pulled a vial, drank from it, and was gone the next. I believe the dwarf behind the counter is in dire shape and in need of clerical help very soon or I am afraid he will be dead.'" "Now I do believe the man who is wounded and 'still alive' inside is yes the store keeper. However there was one other man in there who was helping to store keeper with fight against the purple wearing thugs. In fact he is the one who yelled out the window to me to get some help. Then you all came running down here and this is where we are at now." "Now if you want lets take a walk inside and have a look around - the little girl should be back momentarily with a cleric to aid in the assistance." [if he is able to enter the store he is going to retrieve the 2 arrows that he shot to see if they are salvageable]

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing the dwarf moan, Vieta curses under his breath.

 

"Alright, watchman. Listen carefully 'cause I'm not repeatin' myself." he says hurriedly in a low but audible voice.

 

"There were two men, both wearing purple. The human guy had one eye and seemed to be the boss. The half-orc has a tatoo on his arm you should look at."

 

While speaking he slowly creeps in the direction of the backroom, hopping to the gods there's a window or a backdoor he can escape out of.

 

"Now, the dwarf's gonna die if you don't do something about it. I suggest you run out and get help. Remember, guard, you didn't find me here. Try anything, and I mean anything, and I guarantee I'll make sure your children are orphaned, understand?"

 

Then, Vieta goes for the beaded entrance, only stopping shortly to say:

 

"Just to let you know, I helped the dwarf. I tried."

 

And with that, he disappears into the backroom, hoping to find an exit and get as far away from the shop as possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan--

 

As you raise up from your courtesy bow for the Sheihk, something on the back of your neck prickles. "Ah thank you, but there is so much to do, I do not think we'll make the tides tonight, we have so many things to load & I can't get anyone to help me out, please stay a little bit longer, I'll up the pay to 50 gold!!!" he says excitedly."It'll be so long till I see your wonderful city again, & as much as I am in rush to leave it, I ask you to stay & help as a free soul" his voice turns a bit darker as he says "soul".

 

As you are pondering your next move or say, the dark skin man moves to semi-block your way from the ship, leaving really the ship & the Southern way as your way to leave if you do, he also moves his halberd (which looks like this btw Halberdinto a defensive position, in the shadow of the ship it appears to be slightly glowing . "In my country, if a noble ask you to do a job & offers payment, & the commoner says yes, he finishes the job or he becomes a slave for that noble." "It's your choice, Tolan, don't make me force you on to my ship, then it's 50 gold in my pocket, your choice ......."

 

Yarrin--

 

The gondola looks like the ones you see in Venice btw, there are also 4 other passengers with you on this trip

 

As you get the gondolier's attention he looks down to you & says "Achh,the waters are fine, epically this time of time of the year, then again yah would know with hurricane season approaching, waters in Jeklea Bay are churning but no major storms in the oceans to really push em, it's what happens above the waters where major things happen, epically recent things."

 

Vieta & Zaak--

 

Zaak, "So I'm to believe an elf carryin a bow in my district is lookin into a window & there is a dead bastard half-orc with his :devil: head blown off!! "How do I know that he wasn't the shopkeeper!?" "How do I know you did use your voodoo elf magic on an arrow to take him out" "Nothing but trouble comes from your kind, you hear me!!!! With that he gets right into your face........it's been a good 20 to 25 mins or so since the little girl ran off to get a priest & you begain to wonder if she even went, trying to think as the guard keeps yappin at you.

 

"Something must have happen to my partner, maybe your "mystery" partner got him,probably anther magic trick of yours, maybe some creature you conjured using some unseen elven devil magic!! hmpf!" as he ready to say something else to you hear a female voice say "Sergeant Dumas!" "Oh what now!" he says as he turns to the voice, you see a woman dressed similar to him but cleaner & with a few more symbols adorning her chest, he long hair is pulled back into a ponytail & what catches your eye are her ears, they are slightly pointed, thou her eyes aren't as pronounced as yours, a half-elf...."Captain Fairmount, I didn't see it was you!!" with that the sargeant stands at a rigid attention, in the process dropping his longsword, the gathered crowd laughs "Pick your blade up, Sergeant." her voice is so calm & cool. "Yes ma'am" as he picks the blade up, you see the little girl rushing back to the crowd from down the street, but no priest seems to be with her.

 

"Now from what I heard as I was walking over her, there seems to be a disturbance at this establishment, you came to investigate & the assailant fled the scene using a magic & from the sounds of a gaseous form potion, is this correct?" she says to you. As your about to reply to her, the little girl finally makes it to you she is definitely out of breath & it's hard for her to even talk, "I'm so huff sorry, those priest of Fharlanghn & their sayings cough, cough" someone has some water for her "they said if he is worthy of healing he will have to travel the distance to get here", she rolls her eyes at that "I'm sorry is Gim ok? I hope I wasn't too slow.

 

"Gim? the shopkeeper? As she take a bigger look at the window & of the store, "Gim Gemstone, is a friend of my father's, but I did not know where his shop was, is he ok?? "No, he's hurt but I couldn't bring no healer, with she starts to cry & puts her head into her hands. "There, there young one, your in luck, for I am a devout follower of Wee Jas, goddess of death, magic & law, if he is wounded I can heal him, besides little one the priests at the Temple of Fharlanghn are just sticking to their beliefs, as he is the god of distances, whatever significance that may be. As a sigh of relief comes to you hearing you know have a healer among you, you hear a crash of metal inside the shop, "What the Nine Hells was that noise" Sgt Dumas shouts & starts to turn toward the door.....

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Vieta, as you get the beaded "door" & sneak a peek in while keeping an eye on the guardsman, much to your surprise you see no door, WTH you think a shop with no backdoor!! but you almost miss a thin blanket over a window. The young guard turns with you as you head for the beaded door & as you tell him to go outside & find help he takes a clumsy step backwards & stumbles over the half-orc's corpse & falls onto the floor with a crash, his pot helm & shield & longsword go ah flyin & hit the floor together, causing a sound like many pans clashing together.....only one things comes to your mind "Lovely"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very lovely.

 

Vieta thinks with a grin.

 

Without a word, Vieta slips into the backroom and goes to the window, pulling the blanket aside to see if it is open and if he can fit through it.

 

If it is open, then he will hop out from it and sprint to a good distance away (preferably away from crowds, but if there is a crowd, he will relax, pull off his bandana and hide his pistol in his carrying sack, posing as a commoner).

 

If it isn't open, well, he will try to open it ( ^_^ ), then run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as the half-elf Captain enters the picture and Sargent Dumas drops his equipment Zaak laughs out loud looks at the Sargent and says, "Nice hands there Dummmm - Azzzzzz. Looks like ya went a lil limp there for a second." :B):

 

Zaak turns to face Captain Fairmount and replies ," 'I heard a loud boom and came running down the street to see what was going on. I saw a broken window and heard something inside, so I yelled into the window to see if I could break the fight apart but I started to get attacked myself by a human who somewhat disappeared wearing a purple shirt that somewhat matched the Half-Orc that is lying there on the ground. The human that was here one minute ago pulled a vial, drank from it, and was gone the next. That is when old Dummm Azz here decided to interrogate me for a very long time. That is why I asked this little girl to go get some help for the shopkeeper inside who is in bad shape. The next thing that happened was you walked up and old fumble fingers drops his 'sword'. Also if I were you I'd get myself inside since the other 'alive dwarf' inside is probably dead by now..... ::(: "

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Great, what have I gotten myself into?', thinks Tolan.

 

He looks the dark skinned man straight in the eye and replies, "Good sir, I had no idea that there was this much work remaining. Had I known, I would not have proposed my departure. I would be glad to continue the work here and assist you in your departure from the city. Hopefully when you are next in Sasserine, you will look me up if you have need of my services again." With that, Tolan bows to the dark skinned man and then again to the Sheikh and returns to work, working doubly hard as before.

 

'To hell with that van de Boren woman, I need the money to eat tonight and who knows what she wants from me. All nobles are the same and I hate them all,' thinks Tolan as he resumes the work. 'If she had any information for me and really desires my service then she can wait until this is done. 50 gold pieces is too much to pass up!'

 

Tolan sets about him like a man possessed and works harder than any of the other workers on the loading of the ship, thinking all the while of the gold and possibilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the delay in getting posts up this week, guys, nasty head cold that keeps coming & going on me + my daughter's birthday & such :wacko:

 

Tolan--

 

"I thought you might change your mind," the Shiekh says with a big smile, he turns to the dark skinned man "Mhasala, tel sa kalik." upon hearing the words the man moves back to where he was & the halbreds glow dims to nothing. "Don't worry, if you have other appointments tonight, you will make them if you put all of your worth (he jingles the bag) into it".

 

As you return to the cargo & start to load the cargo, Apu see you & says "You should never make the Almighty One angry, Mhasala honors him & would protect his master with his life." "We won't be here much longer." & with that he grabs a cage with a couple chickens in & hauls them up the gangplank.

 

Yarrin--

 

"Eh?? You didn't hear or see the explosion? Then again you do look like the type that doesn't spend to much time in the city. I run this route from Shadowshore to Merchant District 6 days a week & on one of my runs ohhh about 2 weeks ago, a caravel moored to one of the docks suddenly exploded in Merchant District's harbor, lit up the night sky, it was one hell of an explosion, must have had something highly combustible onboard. I don't know if anyone was on board or not, but it sure was a sight to see across the harbor." the gondolier says (you find out his name is Mick)

 

"Oh I know which ship your talking about" a young woman says, that is next to you "It was owned by a noble family, Vander-something"-- "Vanderboren; sorry ma'ma for the interuption" an older gentelmen sitting across from her says all the while tipping his hat, he appears to be well dressed, he has a monocle. "Vanderboren, a noble family that lives in Merchant District, Verik & Larissa Vanderboren were on board getting ready for some expedition of their's & suddenly their boat "The Wild Wave" just blew up & both were instantly killed, the boat's wreckage sank where it was moored + the docks that were near it were badly damaged as well. It was a horrible scene. Wee Jas bless their souls"

 

"They were both well liked in the District, they contributed to allot of causes & helped out whenever they could, thou they were both adventurers themselves but I don't know if foul play is involved but the city watch never found anything about it, shame nontheless." he says.

 

The journey across the water is pretty silent after the talk of the explosion, & the ride takes about an hour to get across the bay from Shadowshore's shoreline to Merchant's. During the journey you thought you caught a glimpse of Tagg in the water, but it was something else, he's probably frolicking with other sea otters you think.

 

Upon getting to the gondola station, a young boy comes with a gaff & hooks the boat to the dock, allowing the boat to settle, the passengers get out of the boat, the gentleman of course lets the woman out first, then himself. It's funny only a few yards away from Shadowshore but it's like you stepped into a whole new world, Sasserine's Merchant Distict being the heart & some say the soul of the city is busy with people of all races, thou mostly human, but nothing like Shadowshore's downtrodden houses & dark streets, as you get out of the boat, you eye a small clock on the wall, it's 6 pm, about an hour before the meeting. You ask the man running the pay booth at the station where the streets that you need to go & he gives you general directions, mostly pointing to the east & going back to his book. You start your journey to Vanderboran Manor, wondering if the explosion & this dinner are connected...

 

Vieta & Zaak--

 

Zaak, "Please, umm I never got your name, my guard can be a out of line sometimes but there is no need to push the issue further." Captain Fairmount says in a stern but polite voice. "Alright, I have your story, Sgt please investigate that noise" The Sgt looks into the building to see his young solider on his back with his armament on the ground "What's goin on here, Johan!!!" the Sgt says in a very angry tone...."Sir, the shopkeeper he is behind the counter, he badly wounded!!" the young guard says as he gathers himself off the floor. Upon hearing the dwarf is still alive the Captain pushes her way through the two guards & jumps over the countertop, "Blessed Wee Jas, may I be in time.... with that she removed her leather gloves & chants a magical spell, her hands glow a soft blue & she touches the dwarf's shoulder & the blue glow goes through his shoulder. "Gim? Are you still with us?" the dwarf's eyes open "Aye lassy, I'm still here, thank you"...the moment is interupted by a shatter of glass that comes from the backroom.....

 

Vieta, the window appears to just a window, as you move the blanket aside you get a great look at a small bay, the building sits next to the shoreline, thou above the waterline due to the height of how the shoreline sits on this particular island. Much to your disliking, the window doesn't open, stuck from not being used much, "Sorry Gim, but my hides worth more to me, then a window" you say to yourself & you take your pistol & shatter the glass with the grip, the fragments fall into the water & you manage to squeeze out the window & avoid any bits that are still in the frame & are able to fall right along a small patch of ground between the building & the edge, as you slip out the window you hear "...thank you" from the dwarf, sounds like he'll be ok & with that you run off in a direction far away from the scene, all the while figuring out how to get back at the rogue & something that now bothers you, the wound the half-orc's flail did is now begaining to hurt as well, with all of the excitement over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As Tolan picks up some more crates, he asks Apu what it was the Sheikh said to Mhasala, presuming that to be the dark skinned man's name. He tells Apu that no offence was intended in what he said to the Sheikh, just merely that he has a meeting to go to tonight and does not desire to miss it if it can be avoided. All the while he is working he keeps his mind on the coin pouch the Sheikh has, conetmplating a nice bottle of rotgut later in the evening and perhaps an actual bed for a change.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticing the break in the action and the attention given to the breaking glass Zaak decides his presence is no longer needed. Zaak looks around to see if the poeple inside were disturbed and looking away, where the biggest crowd is standing around at, and scoping the area for any more guards. If he doesn't see anymore guards in the vicinity he will slowly walk away from the store. The further he gets from the store the faster he begins to move so he can put as much distance between him and the guards inside the shop. [He thnks to himself: I have a meeting to get too and had better get a move on.......]

 

[spot roll - 20 + 6 mod = 26 ::): ]

Link to post
Share on other sites

The tides be damned, that was too close...

 

Vieta grits his teeth as the pain in his arm begins its dull ache, but he endures it and keeps moving.

 

That damned greenskin... Well, he won't be trying that again...

 

Making sure he isn't followed, he slips subtlely back into the main street and walks casually amongst the crowd, removing his bandana as he keeps his eyes open for an empty alleyway. Once he finds one, or at least an empty corner, he will hide for a bit and undress his shirt, checking the wound on his arm for severity. If it's bleeding, he will strap and tighten his bandana over the wound, hopefully the black fabric not giving away the conspicuous color or blood.

 

Then, he will remove his shirt and and the chainmail vest he wears underneath it (just in case), and will put them back on, this time wearing the vest conspicuously over his armor, making him look perhaps like a fancy guard or a boasting hired sword. Hopefully, without his bandana on and with the armor over him, he should look different then he had been at the scene of the crime, just in case he encounters any eyewitness.

 

Just then, he remembers the image of the rogue, a thug clad in purple with one eye. He thinks hard as the name slips away before he remembers the mention of Carston.

 

Ah, that sneaky lil' cat. One day...

 

And with that, Vieta removes his pistol. He pulls back the hammer and checks if its properly loaded before resettling it and tossing it into his canvas sack, close at hand if he should need to use it. Then, drawing his cutlass and wipping any orc blood that might be staining it, he sheates it again and straightens it against his waist before finally walking out into the street. Then, remebering some meeting this afternoon, he asks a pedestrian for directions to Vanderboren and will go there immediately (althought keeping his eyes open for any suspicious guards or for any clothes store where he can find new threads).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan--

 

"All he said was to back down. If not Mhsala's weapon would have stuck you down & not by the blade either. I've heard tales that it has a life of it own, espically in Mhsala's hands." Apu responds, as he sets a crate down in the hold. "His Almighty is not offended so easily, as he dealt with more outside our lands & learn to tolerate your ways more then most in my lands, but he does get angry if deals are broken & the earlier meeting with your harbormaster has put him in a foul mood...." he starts to trail off but then adds "...he may have even let you go when you wanted too, ha ha".

 

After anther couple hours, the work has finally come to an end except for a very large crate that has giant bolts embeded into the corner + it also has bindings around it, that needs to be lifted by by six men. You come off the ship & are near the shipside, when you see the team lift the crate, as they lift it, the crate begains to shake & muffled unhumanly scream is heard coming from inside. As you get down the gangplank, the team moves the crate up the plank, the sheer weight of the crate, the men & what's inside is enough to bow the wood, but they get aboard & into the hold, all the while whatever is inside keeps making noise.

 

"Ahhhhh, excellent only a few hours behind but still able to sail using the sun as light!!!" "Tolan, you impress me with your honor, here is your reward for your work" the Sheikh says & tosses the pouch to you. As you catch the bag, the material of the bag impresses you enough that you think it too might be worth something, but that thought is interupted as the Shiekh says "Also here something for your troubles earlier, as I know that being late can be an inconvience, ha ha!!" The Sheikh tosses a colorless gem to you & says "Keep it upon yourself & it may bring you luck, or at least that is what the seers say in my land." "Good evening to you Tolan, Al Istus ketheb bem'hallu ebada or may Istus have a place for you in her grand palace in time". He gives you a grand bow & turns to his bodyguard & says "Sel kuhala sel Mhsala". The Sheikh walks up the plank & the dark skin man gives you a final stern look before following him.

 

Upon both men arriving onboard, the gang plank is hauled up onto the boat & ship's crew begain to set her for sailing. As the ship is getting ready you hear from somewhere on the ship "Ebnel hakham yesoum weysalli yerqess weyghanni!!" & a strong wind touches you barely but you see the sails fill & the ship begins it's journey home. As the ship moves away from the docks & points toward Terkanian's Arch & to open water, you see a familiar face at the stern of the ship, it's Apu, he raises his right hand, palm out to you & says "Al kalim telshano, Tolan!!"...

 

He waits for your response & then dissappears. As the sweat drips from your brow you notice one clock in the area, the time says 630, you'll make if you hurry, but there is no way you'll smell right..

 

Zaak--

 

As you see the dwarf's wound has heal, he stands up & starts to explain what happened in his shop to the female captain, the Sgt ushers his young solider over to the beaded curtain, he gathers his things & walks through the small doorway in the counter & looks into the room. As he turns to tell his superior about what he sees, you are able to walk away from the scene with only the young solider seeing you.... "There is nothing, Sgt Dumas, only a broken window, whoever else was here must have jumped through it, thou I can't tell if they jumped into the bay or fled on foot. "Damn!!!!" "Where the hells is that elf................."

 

As you are further away from the scene, you pick up your pace only to put some distance between you & the shop, thou you notice something move in the corner of your eye as you turn a corner...

Link to post
Share on other sites

As the Sheikh boards the ship, Tolan gives him a deep bow and a salute to Mhasala. He tries his best to commit the foreign phrases to memory for future reference and as he sees Apu's wave, he waves back saying, "May the next time we meet be in happy times my friend."

 

Tucking the coin purse inside his boots and hiding the gem in an inside pocket, Tolan turns away from the dock and hurries off to the Vanderboren manor. He contemplates another dip in the canal, but the lateness of the day and cooling air discourages that thought. 'Oh well,' he thinks, 'They will just have to put up with the smell.'

Link to post
Share on other sites

"For the love of god...... what now?????"

 

Zaak continues on foot trying to mix into the crowds of people walking on the street. Knowing that something has caught his eye but still wanting to place a lot of distance between himself and the shop he decides his best route would be to continue on until he can find a nice building to hide behind or alleyway he can duck into with lots of cover so he can hide and try to discern what he saw out of the corner of his eye.

 

 

 

 

[He is also wondering what time it is for he needs to make a meeting before too long.]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...