Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

Initiative Results

 

Zombies? 18 (they be hungry :blink: )

 

Vieta 17

Yarrin 15

Tolan 11

Heleger 9

Anny 7

 

Round 1

 

The zombies rush Heleger & Anny, with 1 slipping into the doorway to claw at whoever is standing there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger swings his axe with a snarl at one of the zombies. How c'n tha blasted thin's moove sa damn fast? he wonders.

 

 

 

 

 

Attack: 20 (15 + 5 mod). Damage: 11 (6 + 5 mod[using Power Attack]).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the opportunity presents itself, Tolan launches a blast of eldritch energy at the nearest zombie.

 

 

(go ahead and roll for me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta attacks the closest zombie that approaches the party, warry of the creature's attack and quick with his own. His cutlass slices the air as he swings it in wide arcs, shouting as he does so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

REVISED COMBAT (due to I have a "game map" :rock: )

Initiative Results

Zombies? 18 (they be hungry blink.gif )

 

Vieta 17

Yarrin 15

Tolan 11

Heleger 9

Anny 7

 

Note I have Yarrin in the doorway of the hallway (which would be C3) Vieta behind him at D3 & Tolan in F3(which is in the passageway the bends.) Also Heleger is in A3 (2 squares above the doorway) & Anny is in square B1 (which I hope is what you said in OoC, I reversed the #s you said)

 

Round 1

 

The zombies rush toward it's prey. One moves & tries to strike Heleger. A second one moves toward Anny, but passing the doorway it "smells" Yarrin & turns & tries to strike him instead. The 3rd one moves forward & tries to strike Heleger as well.

 

I have the zombies at these spots initially going left to right (using A & B to list the rows & then #s 1 to 7 for each square)

(#1 @ square A5)

(#2 @ square A6

(#3 @ square B7(by the right double doors)

 

#1 moves a square to A4 to attack Heleger(who is on A3), as he gets near you Heleger, instead of using his fingers to attack you, you see it/him unhinge his jaw (which is kinda unnerving to say the least), to make his jaw open wider & he tries to bite you (you see behind his front row of jagged teeth are more rows of similarly sharp teeth. He STRIKES!!!, chopping down on you for 5 pts. It releases it's bite. The stench of the undead is nasty, but doesn't affect you

 

#2 moves four squares to B3(the square above the doorway) & tries to bite (similar to Heleger's zombie, it's jaw unhinges) down on Yarrin. It also STRIKES!! chopping down on your shoulder for 4 pts of damage. It releases as well.

(Heleger you can make a AofO on #2 as it passes into the square below you. Thou note #3's attack below)

 

#3 moves3 squares to B4(next to & below #1). It tries to grapple Heleger with it's dirty claws, it's unhinged jaw . Make a AoO on this one or #2, unless you can make more then 1 AoO per round.

Vieta

 

You can poke at the one in front of Yarrin but it'll be a big penalty due to Yarrin being in the way. LMK what if wish to attack.

Yarrin

 

As the creature pulls away from it's attack you take a quick swing to strike the thing across it's chest with your scimitar, doing 7 pts to the creature. It's howls in anger & it remaining eye glows a deeper red in response.

Tolan

The way you are in the passageway, you can't see much. Other then poking your head around the corner to see a rotting pirate zombie with a unnaturally large jaw with sharp rows of teeth fighting Yarrin.

 

Heleger

 

The movement of the zombies & the way their jaws unhinge to reveal more rows of teeth is a bit disturbing enough to know your not fighting normal zombies.

 

As the thing pulls back with your blood & flesh in it's jaw, you take a swing at the creature. You "thunk" your axe into it's shoulder deep (go ahead & roll to confirm your crit). causing at least 11 pts of damage to the thing. It' doesn't die thou. Also what will you do with your AoO attack(s?)?

 

Anny

 

You are standing near the hanging double doors (which are in the same shape as the one that you came upon to enter this passageway, other then they are about to fall off their rusty hinges. To your left (or behind you) is large chamber that has a large pool of water (this is probably the source of the sea water, you smelled earlier) in the southern part of it. Glancing with your darkvision, you see there are 6 columns inside it. & there are 2 single doors on the Northern wall, a door on the far west side. (note you can see the door on the east side that is up in the corner) Make a spot Check.

 

P2room-vi.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan moves beyond the corner so that he can get a better shot in and launches a blast at the nearest zombie that he can see easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Soon oof a b!tch moost pay!!" Helger bellows when the zombie's teeth sink into his flesh. After his ensuing attack is successful, he notices the other zombie attempting to grab him. Reversing his swing, he launches an uppercutting swing at the second zombie. The dwarf then attempts to repel the zombie's grapple.

 

 

 

AoO (Grappling Zombie): 18 (13 +5); Damage: 10 (5 +5 [still using Power Attack]). Grapple check: 9 (4 +5).

*Note: Undead do not suffer critical hits.

**Note: I will be using Power Attack, adding +2 to my damage, until otherwise specified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the zombies advance, Anny steals a quick glance through the doors at the other end of the corridor on the chance a hasty escape might be needed. But she has only a moment before the zombies close in and make their attacks on Yarrin and Helegar.

 

With her crossbow still at the ready, she shoots at the nearest target (#2?)

 

___

 

Spot Check: 13 (8 +5 mod)

Light Crossbow (with Point Blank Shot): 14 (9 +5 mods)

Damage (with Point Blank Shot): 4 (3 +1 mod)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #1 cont.

 

Heleger

 

As you pull your axe out of the zombie, you only have a couple seconds to see the other one charge toward you with out reached decaying fingernails, filled with who knows what, it's maw opened wide to take a chunk out of you, like it's companion, but you quickly react & lop off the things hands (doing 10 pts of damage), it doesn't pull away & just flails away with the stumps of it's arms at you. You successfully stopped it from grabbing you.

 

Tolan

 

Carefully aiming you eldritch blast at the thing in the doorway, you blast away at the things head, destroying a part of the top of it's head, it's long dried brain matter exposed, doing 6 pts of damage.

 

Anny

SPOT CHECK:SUCCESS As the moans of the zombies & the shouts of your new companions ring behind you, you catch a glimpse of something moving in the other room, with your darkvision, you 3 new forms emerge from the darkness of the western doorway. They appear not to have noticed you yet, as they only shamble your way.

 

Spinning around to more pressing matters, the zombies. The lead one charges the dwarf & opens it jaw in a very unnatural way & take a nice chunk from him, his companions move toward him as well. You level & aim your crossbow at the one that stops & turning to attack the druid in the doorway. With a sudden "TWIP" of the string, you sink a crossbow bolt into it's side for 4 pts of damage

(Still awaiting Vieta actions for round #1 other then that, ROUND #1 is over, Round #2 will start upon after his actions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(For round 2 and any rounds that happen in the next couple days as I will be away until Monday. If the combat finishes before I return, Tolan will go along with whatever the group plan is.)

 

Tolan continues to blast away at the zombies as openings provide themselves. He seems to be enjoying himself quite a bit as he blasts parts of the zombies flesh away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOTE: For some reason I spaced off Yarrin's attack for Round #1 (thx for letting me know, OS)

 

Yarrin, you take a slash the zombie that has appeared at the doorway, your blade cut deep, causing 7 pts of damage to the thing(#2)

 

ROUND #2

 

(with Vieta in the back, he really can't do much, other then a reload, if he chooses to do so)

Zombies

 

#1 tries to bite Heleger but misses this time around, as Heleger deflects his jaws by shoving them out of the way. You notice that the wound that your axe did before has either slightly healed or the blade didn't cut as deep as you thought.

 

#2 Yarrin, you see the wound isn't as deep as you thought on the thing, like the thing has some sorta resistance. It opens it maw & clamps down on your shoulder for 4 more points of damage.

 

#3 The one without it's hands, tries to bit you Heleger, but it misses badly.

 

Vieta

 

(awaiting actions)

 

Tolan

 

As the thing's head is clamped on Yarrin's shoulder, you release a blast of hellfire, but you miss due to Yarrin moving from the blow, causing the zombie to "evade" the blast.

 

Heleger

 

(awaiting actions)

 

Anny

 

(awaiting actions)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"They joost woon't go doon!" Heleger shouts in frustration as he unleashes another savage chop at the handless zombie.

 

 

 

 

 

Attack: 14 (9 + 5); Damage: 10 (5 + 5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #2 cont.

 

Heleger

 

You shout & swing your axe at the zombie thing, you sink your axe into the thing, doing 10 points of damage to it (or at least you think you do that much). It stumbles back a bit, but doesn't go down & continues to attack you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...