Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

Anny observes that the zombies seem tougher than normal as she reloads her light crossbow. "S'more comin' behind me!", she warns the others before taking her shot.

 

___

 

Light Crossbow (with Point Blank Shot): 13 (8 +5 mods)

Damage (with Point Blank Shot): 7 (6 +1 mod)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #2 cont.

 

Yarrin

Doing a quick retalation strike to the one at the door, you slash it again for 3 pts of damage. It continues to stand.

 

Anny

 

Your a bit nervous with the ones that are coming toward you & the rest of the group in the other room. Your not sure when they'll get to this room, but if they are like the ones in this room, they'll be here in no time. With that, you aim your crossbow & fire a bolt that barely hits the one by the door in the chest, as it's reeling from Yarrin's strike. The bolt finds a home & does 7 pts of damage!

 

It drops dead, uttering a unnatural cry as the negative lifeforce that feeds it finally lets go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta

 

seeing that the half-orc cries out there is more, he decides that it'd be best to have a loaded pistol, then just something to throw at one as they overcome everyone. Reaching for the old weapon & then the horn of gunpowder. Vieta starts pouring in the powder & then fishing out a ball from a small pouch, he insert it into the chamber.

 

END ROUND #2, Start Round #3

 

Zombie-things

 

As #2 falls to the ground, #1 doesn't seem to car as it opens it's maw wide & clamps down onto Heleger again, thou your batter chainmail takes most of the bite, it still does 5 pts of damage to you.

 

#3 seeing that is now a clear opening, the handless zombie rushes past the dwarf (Heleger make a AoO attack) & tries to bite Anny, but it misses badly.

 

Anny, you breathe a sigh of relief, but you feel a chill as the moans of the new group are upon the party. They enter combat at the 5 spot in the initiative order. They will attack this round, but at that spot.

 

NEW Initiative Order

 

Zombies 18 (old group #1 - #3)

 

Vieta 17

Yarrin 15

Tolan 11

Heleger 9

Anny 7

 

Zombies (new group, #4-#6) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger makes a quick slash at the zombie running past him, then turns his attention to the one that bit him.

 

 

 

 

 

AoO (Handless Zombie): 16 (11+5); Damage: 9 (4+5).

Round 3 Attack: 19 (14+5); Damage: 9 (4+5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anny turns and takes what she calculates will be her last chance to get a shot at the newly arrived zombie nearest her. But as such things happen, things do not go as planned.

 

"SODDIT!!!"

 

 

Light Crossbow (with Point Blank Shot): 6 (1 +5 mods)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger

 

You make a quick swipe at the one that charges the half-orc, your axe connects & bites into the dead flesh, doing 5 pts to it. The damage is enough to drop the thing to the ground for good.

 

Vieta

 

Moving into the room with his pistol loaded, he makes for the open end of the room (A6). The zombie takes a swipe at him (OoA) but he sidesteps the attack. He aims the pistol at the thing & fires!

 

The bullet finds a home in the back of the things head, causing 10 pts of damage to it! The zombie drops toward Heleger with a sickening "Ughh!" & then a lifeless thud onto the floor.

 

"Save yer @$$, again, dwarf!!" he cries out as the thing drops to the ground.

 

Yarrin

 

Seeing that the zombie thing is dead, you move into the room, bracing for the new group to near the party.

 

Tolan

 

You make your way into the passageway (A4). You see the zombies in the other room approaching. With Heleger's height not a disadvantage you take a blast at them, but the blast strikes no where near the zombies.

Anny

As you level the crossbow at the thing, the cord holding the bolt slips off, smacking you in the arm. Painful (4 pts of damage), you can restring the crossbow in a round & fire the next. (Card pulled Backfire (Ranged) The attack deals damage to you instead of the target)

New Zombies

 

2 of the zombies enter the area from the room. (4) One strikes Anny from behind (no bonus as you knew they were there, just a normal attack) but you move enough that it bites into your backpack or bag (whatever your carrying your gear in) & misses. The item has some nasty bite marks in it thou.

 

The other one one (5) move past Anny (make a AoA) & attacks Heleger (make a surprise roll, to notice if you heard Anny's call of more zombies). (I'll hold off on the attack)

 

The 3rd (6) stops at the doorway & tries to bite Anny as well, but Anny's agility is too quick for the thing & it chomps open air.

 

ROUND #3 end, Round #4 Start

 

NEW Initiative Order

(NEW ZOMBIES!!! #7-#9, entering from the western corridor) 18 (Fast SoBs!!!)

Vieta 17

Yarrin 15

Tolan 11

Heleger 9

Anny 7

Zombies (group, #4-#6) 5

 

As the party braces for anther wave of the zombie things, anther group of 3 shambles into the passageway from the open western passageway, were they were your not sure, but 2 of them rush Vieta, their jaws unhinged to make thier mouth larger just like the others. As the last two groups, these looks like pirates, smuggles, ruffians in their previous lives.

 

(#7 & #8) Two attack Vieta from behind, the wily scoundrel, not knowing they were there, is stuck for 18 pts of damage by one (#7), the thing chomps deep into his shoulder. The one holding his grandfather's old pistol. The sudden attack & pain, cause him to drop the weapon to the ground. As the weapon hits the ground with a clatter, something flies off it. The other one (#8) smelling the fresh blood from the wicked wound, bites down as the other releases, cause anther 6 pts to the fighter. (Total damage caused 24 pts). Vieta screams out "Aghhh, get em off me, Hele................ACK!!!" his voice is cut off as the thing tears off the flesh around jugular vein & blood sprays the area!!

 

The young fighter drops to the ground clinging to life, barely. As Vieta falls to the ground, the eyes of the zombies glow a deep shade of hatred. The third zombie (#9) sees the fresh corpse & moves quickly to push his fellow companions out of the way. It crouches over the fading Vieta & it opens it's mouth wide & tears into Vieta!! "AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........" The screams are ear-piercing & are suddenly silenced as the thing tastes fresh blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anny mutters a string of curses beneath her breath as she works frantically to restring her crossbow. She looks up only momentarily when Vieta screams, then resumes her work with fierce determination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DM Roll for Heleger's surprise (not sure if Ben is "on call or not") NOT Surprised

 

The zombie tries to bite Heleger, but misses badly, it stumbles over it foot & falls flat on it's face. It's prone.

 

Cont. ROUND #4

 

Yarrin

 

You charge the pack, swinging your scimitar as fast & as hard as you can @ the zombie-thing in front of you (#7). Your attack is successful, as you strike the thing for 8 pts. You move to B5. You get it's attention.

Tolan

 

Seeing your friend go down in a bloody heap, you focus your eldritch energies on the one that is feasting on his flesh. As you fire, you notice the thing doesn't care that you are firing upon it & continues to feast. Your blast hits the thing in the shoulder for 6 pts of damage. The thing tears off the right side of Vieta's face as it rears back from the blast.

Heleger

 

Seeing the thing fall flat, you take the oppurtunity to lay your axe blade into it's back. (using your Rd #3 attack) The trusty weapon sinks into the thing's spine for 9 pts of damage.

Anny

 

With the couple of zombies around you know, you try to restring your crossbow. You reach for the cord, while dodging the zombie's jaws (Zombie 4) using AoO on you, misses, as does zombie #6. Feeling you are on the deck of ship in the middle of a storm at sea, you are able to weave back in forth & are successful in re-stringing the crossbow.

Zombies 4-6

 

#4

 

As Anny pulls the string around the arm of her crossbow, the thing successfully bites down on your arm, causing 4 pts of damage. While not deep, the teeth are razor sharp & cut your flesh.

 

#5

 

As #4 pulls away, this one tries to strike but the reaction of getting bite by #4 saves Anny from being bitten & the attack misses.

 

#6

 

This one pulls itself off the ground to face Heleger.

 

END #4, Start #5

 

 

 

Elsewhere in the tunnels

 

Kavik (Mike)

 

You were expecting to find Vanthus inside these tunnels, but you got something worst, or at least for now. You emerge from the pool of water & made your way through the tunnel. Aftering learning of the tunnels under Parrot Island from a couple of smugglers wanting to use the place as a hideout to stash some stolen contraband from some far off land you've never heard of. Nothing you were interested in until one of them said that Vanthus Vanderboren & more importantly Penkus Cachoo, a human in the area with a reputation of being one mean SoB had made the place a hideout. You shadowed the two out of the tavern. You made your appearance, but the two wanted nothing of you or your questions, drew steel on you, but with your training in melee combat was able to kill one & subdue the other & forced the information out of the man. You had to kill the man as he tried to sucker you after giving up the information. Good riddance, you said as you wiped your blade of his blood.

 

The information lead you to a sea bed in the harbor between Parrot Island & the gate that seperates Shadowshore from Cudgel district. Slipping into the water, you made your way through a twisting submerged tunnel for 70 feet & you ended up in the tunnels. The smell of dank & musty sea air greeted you. Also something else was in the air, your not sure what it was, but you knew you had to be cautious. You made your way out of the watery tunnels, past some dozen or so purple & red sea urchins, the area was slippery but you made your way through the area successfully.

 

You open a waterproof pack & produce a sunrod, striking the thing against the wall, it lights up the room. You entered a rather large room, with anther pool of water to the south. 6 wooden pillars support a sagging roof, thick with hanging strands of fungus. There were doors to the north, 2 to be exact (one ready to fall off it's hinges), a double set of doors, off their hinges & lying on the floor & 2 to the east. That is really all you remember, as 4 things, undead things with monstrous jaws full of rows of sharp teeth attacked you, your not sure where they came from. Overwelmed by the things you made your way to the North door that was still on it's hinge, hoping that it was open. The door groans when you pull on it, fighting off the zombies all the while. Thankfully, the door gives & your able to get but not until, one delivers a massive bite into your shoulder. You shove the thing away & shut the door, using your weight to push the swollen door back into the opening, plunging you into blackness.

 

It seems like forever before the things stopped pounding on the door. When the last one stops scrapping the door, you breathe a sigh of relief. How long where they at it, your not sure. 2 hours?? 6 hours?? You knew you were tired from the blood loss & the fighting. Having dropped your sunrod, to grab your punching dagger. You reach into the same pouch & produce anther one, you see you only have 3 left. Something to note next time, bring more light! You say to yourself. Waving the light around, you notice the room as some broken crates & such. You shove all that you can find in front of the door, barring it from the outside, or at least you'd hope it would. With the room a bit safer, you decide to give your self some rest. Bandaging the wound, you lean against the wet stone of the room & close your eyes to sleep.

 

That was 2 days ago, your rations are running low, as is your waterskin, as was your light sources, you only have one sunrod left. You have made your way into a room a further east of the safe room. You encountered the zombie things again, but you found out that the things won't go into water, almost like they are afraid too. The room you are in now is 15x25 room mostly filled with water 4 wooden pillars support this roof as well, also the western most part of the tunnels. Something has caught your ear, as you hear noise coming from the West.

Current Hit points 13

 

rParrotIslandwhereKavikhasbeen-vi.jpg

 

(red dot to the West is the safe room) (red dot to the East is where you are at now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Let go o' him you foul, rotten creature!" Tolan shouts as he unleashes another blast at the zombie that has just taken off part of Vieta's face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kavik curses his waste of the sunrods and the panic that kept him from thinking clearly. He pulls a potion of Cure Light Wounds from his belt pouch and slams it down, flinging the emptied vial into the murky water. He drops his everburning torch at his feet, granting him light in the immediate area. With all the strength in his arm, he flings the glowing sunrod to the West, in the direction of the noise. Kavik places his trident at his feet, ready to be grabbed at a moment's notice as he crouches at the foot of the water. Kavik checks that his crossbow is loaded, and stares at the area illuminated by the glowing sunrod, ready to fire at the first beast to enter the light before tossing the crossbow aside and wading into battle.

 

A silent prayer breathes past the weary ranger's lips. "Aventernus, I know I have not been one of your most perfect children. Grant me this life, so I may bring Vanthus to swift justice and my family may find their final peace."

 

"C'mon then," roars the resigned ranger. "Let's end this one way or another you filthy beasts!"

 

Kavik begins to strike the butt of his crossbow on the stonework, the metal on stone creating an ringing echo through the damp stone walls.

 

 

 

[Not really sure if I am in the initiative order or not yet. I know I sort of exceeded the actions per turn if I am, so if necessary, I can split this into two turns.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...