Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A Tide arrises......

Recommended Posts

ROUND #5 END, ROUND #6 Begin

 

Zombies #7,#8 & #9

 

Zombie #7 (the one near Tolan & Yarrin)

 

The energies from Tolan's hellfire blast causes the thing pain & it turns to the source of that pain. Opening it's mouth wide it tries to bite into the warlock, but misses pitifully.

 

Zombie #8

 

The thing stops feeding on Vieta's bloodied corpse & turns to face Kavik. Rushing toward the ranger & tries to bite him, but misses.

 

Zombie #9

Like it's fellow zombie, it too tries to bite into Kavik. It clamps down onto your right shoulder for 8 pts of damage! The wound is deep & very painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kavik accepts the creature's bite with a grimace and stands fast in the doorway so the beasts cannot flank him. The creature's teeth tear open the existing wound in his right shoulder and while the pain is excrutiating, it also allows the ranger the perfect opportunity to drive his trident deep into the creature's belly in a vicious uppercut.

 

Unfortunately, the reopened wound and the creature latched onto his shoulder limited the strength of his blow, failing to pierce the creature's flesh. Trident: 1d20 +4 -2 = 6

 

Refusing to go quietly, Kavik hacks at the creature's leg with the handaxe in his left hand, hoping to hamstring the vicious beast and swings wildly, the creature's weight throwing his attack off balance. Handaxe: 1d20 +4 -2 = 5

 

Kavik, set upon by the pair of zombies and sorely wounded begins to question why he ever left the security of the water's embrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anny had tried to stop the bleeding, but the zombie had taken quite a bite of her and it seemed to her that she would soon end up like that human they called Vieta. With her uninjured arm, she fumbles for her new dagger and prepares herself mentally for what she thinks will be the end. 'In the neck, just behind and below the ear..quick stab upward and twist..', but she had only seen it done to others. Will she be able to do it to herself and succeed?

 

Footsteps approach from behind, but the footfalls are not those of a shambling corpse.

 

"'ere ya goo, lass,", the dwarf says, handing her a potion vial. "Drink oop!"

 

Anny does not even pause to question her good fortune or the generosity of the dwarf. She accepts the vial of potion and drinks it. The warm sensation of healing washes over the afflicted arm and the wound begins to close over.

 

"I'm deep in yer debt, 'Elger.", Anny says as she slowly stands to her feet, puts away her dagger, and readies her bow again for one more stand against the zombies.

 

___

 

CLW: 7 ( 6 +1 ) Anny is now +1 HP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #6 cont

Yarrin

 

Seeing the stranger at the door, Yarrin's says to Tolan "Help him, I got this one!" as he motions toward Kavik. "Die foul undead spawn, in name of Procan, I send you back to hell that spawned you!! Yarrin takes his scimitar & slashes the creature across it's face, slicing off the jaw of the creature in the process. (Roll is a 19, crit with a scimitar, confirm roll is 18 result critical hit - damage roll of 1d8+2 (Str bonus) = 9, 2nd roll of damage = 4 Total = 13 pts of damage!). The creature reaches for it's wound jaw, as the foul ooze that may pass for blood in a living being spews out of the wound. It's too much for the creature & it falls over dead....er.

 

Kavik

 

The pain of the bite lingering, you try to strike with your weapons but as you lift your trident, a arc of pain races down your arm, causing you miss badly. Trying to catch the creature with hand axe, you miss as well. If the creatures could smile, they probably have one a mile wide right now.

 

Tolan

 

Tolan sees that living human being has come upon the scene of the battle & appears to be not allied with the zombies, thou doubt linger, he aims & fires a hellfire blast at one (#9). The dark energies strike the thing, it howls as the energies arc around the area it impacted. (Damage 6, dang look out, Tolan is on a roll!! ::o: ). The thing doesn't go down thou

 

Heleger

 

Seeing the half-orc go down in a heap & now trying to get away from the battle in fear that she might not smell the sea air again. You reach in a hip pack & pull out a bottle with slightly glowing liquid inside of it. You see the path to her is clear, seeing that Yarrin & Tolan are in front of one & your not sure of the other one on your right (west) side. You take a 5 foot step backward (into square A2) & say

 

"'ere ya goo, lass," he says, handing her a potion vial. "Drink oop!"

 

She reaches out for the potion, in her weakened state, she nearly drops the bottle, but finding the strength she un-corks it & chugs the CLW potion down.

 

 

Anny

 

Upon slurping down the potion, (tasting a bit like warm honey), you instantly feel the healing effects as it rushes through your body. The wound on your arm heals with only a slight bruise showing where the wound was. You feel death's door fade into the mists. You also feel your strength returning, enough that you pull back your crossbow & aim at the zombie thing standing near you.

 

Round #6 Ends, Start Round #7

 

Combat Notes:

Only remaining zombies are #8 & #9 & are attacking Kavik. Also Zombie #8 is un-damage & #9 is hurting (it's taken 10 pts so far)

Zombies #8 & #9

 

Both creatures attack with their huge jaws at Kavik, #8 tries but it blocked & pushed away by Kavik, but #9 seeing a opening in Kavik's defense lands a vicious blow on his left arm for 4 pts

 

Yarrin

 

Seeing that his last blow dispatches the zombie thing, he charges in to help Kavik, Yarrin cries out anther battle shout to Procan, god of Seas, Sea Life, Salt, Sea Weather, and Navigation & Charges into #9. ((Gaining +2 to attack due to Charge action, but takes a -2 AC penalty till next round), Yarrin moves 3 (15 feet) sqaures, in B6 & attacks the thing, but misses ever so slightly!.

 

Kavik you gain flanking!!

 

Tolan

 

Having a clear shot at #8 he fires his hellfire blast at the thing & hits! Thou only striking the thing for 3 pts of damage. The creature howls as the engergies flow through it's undead body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger breathes a sigh of relief when Anny drinks the potion. Then he says "Come on, girl, there's still woork ta be doon!" With a snarl, he rushes into the fray against the last two zombies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Attack: 9 (4+5). A miss, I think. If not, go ahead and roll the damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #7 cont

 

Heleger

You rush toward the zombie (#8) that is free to attack this new ally. Your slightly out of breath as the trip required you to travel 20 feet & around Tolan, who gladly stepped aside when he heard you rumbling toward him!!. You swing your axe at the thing, but you misjudge, probably due to lack of oxygen & the axe sails harmlessly pass the undead creature.

 

(Kavik you do not get flanking vs #8)

 

Awaiting Kavik's & Anny's actions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kavik slashes at the zombie's (#9) eyes with his handaxe, hoping to distract the beast's attention away from the trident as he plunges it into the beast's stomach.

 

Handaxe: 1d20 +4 -2 = 11 +2 = 13; damage: 1d6 +2 = 2 +2 = 4

Trident: 1d20 +4 -2 = 15 +2 = 17; damage: 1d8 +2 = 6 +2 = 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anny, seeing (assuming) that there are no clear paths for her arrows to shoot the zombies, slings her bow and readies her dagger. Such as are her injuries, she takes a more defensive position and prepares to fight whatever makes it past whoever is now fighting the zombies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #7 cont.

 

Kavik

 

Slashing the thing with your handaxe, you strike, thou feel the blade of the axe barely connects with the creature, you slice it's brow in the process for 4 pts of damage!. Your trident thou finds it's mark & you plunge it deep. Deep enough that points pierce it's backside for 8 pts of damage! TOTAL DAMAGE: 12

 

The creature, breathes a nasty breath of air at you, (nasty but does nothing to you) as it dies.

 

Anny

 

You hold back, after seeing that it's only 1 creature now. You figure with the amount of muscle & firepower up there in combat, the rest of the gang should be able to handle it, thou you are ready if it somehow makes it way to you. (ready action, thou your last in the round & it cancels)

END ROUND #7, START ROUND #8

 

Zombie #8

 

The creature not allowing the death of it fellow undead & being the only remaining zombie left, tries to bite into Kavik, but it fails miserably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case others may have forgotten, Anny posts herself closer to the western doors of the corridor so that she can raise an alarm to the rest of the party if any new threats show themselves in the large room beyond. Still she keeps her hand on her dagger and the one remaining zombie in her field of vision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fall, damn yoo, fall!" shouts Heleger as he once again swings his axe, hoping to rend undead flesh once again.

 

 

 

 

 

Attack: 22 (17+5); Damage: 9 (4+5).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round #8 cont.

 

Heleger

 

You swing you axe, hellbent to send this thing to where ever, it's tortured spirit will resided in the afterlife. It connects!! Slashing the creature across the back for , 9 pts of damage, it staggers but it doesn't go down!

 

Yarrin

 

Seeing the creature has been stunned by the Heleger's axe, you quickly strike the creature & slash it's side for 6 pts of damage. The creature gives a horrid shriek before falling to the ground, lying still, breathing it's foul undead breath no more.

 

COMBAT HAS ENDED!!

 

 

Anny, you see nothing in the large dark room.

 

There are no more zombies, as the last zombie falls, the only sound is the party's heavy breathing from the fight & of course now this newcomer, he appears human, but in the dim light your not completely sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anny watches as the last zombie goes down, and gets her first proper glimpse of the newcomer. With dagger palmed she approaches slowly at first.

 

"Wot yew doin'ere?", she asks the human, suspicious that he is there to steal and loot from Anny and her companions that which she and hers deserve to steal and loot first.

 

Meanwhile, Anny glances furtively in the direction of what possessions of Vieta's still remain .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gasping from exertion, Tolan takes a moment to rest before examining Vieta's body for any signs of life, and anything useful to the group that might remain....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...