Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


Recommended Posts

"So ye say they 'ate water then?", Arwin says with a suggestion of wickedness in her voice. "Maybe I been countin' on me bolts an' daggers wen it's me waterskin wot I need'ter be fightin' wif."

 

To further demonstrate her point, the half-orc unstops her waterskin, takes a mouthful from it, and spits it rather forcefully in the general direction of the nearest no-longer-undead corpse.

 

"Or... p'raps it has'ter be sea-water.", she states, followed by a second brief moment of reverie.

 

"It takes a right daft-arse to fit out a soggy lair like this'un wif 'enchmen wot can't get wet!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well then let me have a look at those injuries my friend,"Yarrin says as he approaches Kavik. "It would be a blessing if these creatures feared Procan's blessed waters and would make getting our way out of here quite a bit easier. I don't mind a good scrap but these things have a mind to be chewing on us and that can never be good." (First aid, bandage, and cure minor on Kavik as I see how bad his wounds are)

Link to post
Share on other sites

"I don't think water harms the beasts. I haven't been dry since I came down here, and they've never seemed to complain as they were chewing on me," Kavik grins.

 

Kavik winces as he assists the priest in removing his armor. "Watch the raised edges, they'll cut your hands to ribbons if you're not careful."

 

[Yarrin, being a worshipper of a sea god, would probably recognize the armor as being made of cured sharkskin with the sharp scales kept on the outside. The raised edges along his forearms, hands and legs are actually rows of embedded shark teeth. That's right, I'm wearing a spiked wetsuit :lol: As the armor is removed, you'll also notice small fins folded flat and running along the length of Kavik's forearm, which is sort of wierd since he looks otherwise human - I'll let Randy decide how much you'll figure out from that information.]

 

"I don't know why the beasts fear the water, but they would not pursue me as soon as I waded in. I spent much of my time down here just lurking in the water, hiding amidst debris and shadows so they wouldn't notice me and would just roam along."

 

With the armor removed, you've got to wonder how Kavik is still on his feet. His right shoulder is torn open almost to the bone. Fresh blood begins to leak out of the wound and down his arm almost as soon as the armor is removed. You can tell it was partially healed before this new tearing open, which is probably why it looks so horrific. Your Cure Minor Wound stems the flow of blood so you can better examine the wound. [With your Cure Minor, I am now at 5 HP (of 20)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yarrin

 

Seeing that Kavik is injured. You cast a cure light wounds spell on him, which heals him for 8 pts of damage. (bringing Kavik total up to 13). Make a Knowledge(Local) check in regards to seeing the fins on Kavik's forearms.

 

Everyone

 

As the party situates itself & gets ready to move on, Kavik you recall there was really only 2 more areas that you haven't checked, the set of double doors that you past before hearing Vieta's gunshot & the water tunnels to the west. Where you came up but you went in the eastern direction.

 

Also where is everyone at in regards to hps & such?

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Arwin has 1 hp)

 

"You know this place best. Howabout you show us th'way out.", Arwin asks Kavik. She then passes her waterskin to him and proceeds to unshoulder her pack.

 

"Ye prolly ain't ate well down 'ere neither.", she says as she digs through her pack amidst her sparse personal belongings and other more practical tools of her trade.

 

"Mind ye I ain't sharin' wif ye ter be nice or anythin'. Me pack's so 'eavy it danm-near got me kilt on the climb down."

 

Nevertheless, the half-orc passes the poor wounded man a small bundle wrapped up in somewhat dingy linen. If he dares untie the bundle and look in, he will find what appears to be dried oats of some sort mixed in with dates and something that looks like it may be sesame seeds. (1/2 day trail rations)

 

"Go-on..it won't make ye no worse off fer wear."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kavik smiles at the offering from the half-orc and accepts the gift graciously, before stuffing most of the food into his mouth, swallowing it in a single large gulp. "Best meal I've had in days, and if it can lighten your pack all the better."

 

With the healing and the food, Kavik seems to have gained more energy, and begins to don his armor once again, talking as he completes the task with speed and efficiency.

 

"My thanks to the Storm Lord padre for your blessing."

 

"Arwin, while I was down here, I have been able to check out most of the rooms and passages, but not in any detail, since I was more concerned with my safety and healing than I was with a treasure hunt." Kavik pauses and his knuckles whiten as his fists clench tightly. Kavik takes a deep breath and exhales slowly. "Not that treasure was what I was hunting down here in the first place." Composure regained, he continues. "With these beasts gone, the quickest way to get out from here is likely the tunnels I passed through. My only concern is that unless you are all excellent swimmers and can hold your breath for a long time, I fear the depths may claim you, as most of the way is filled with water. There are some tunnels I have not gone down, and a set of doors I passed when I heard that explosion that I never entered. Perhaps these may find you a safer way out."

 

[Or Kavik can just mess with the adventure path, swim out, hike overland to your entrance, open your way in and let you all out :lol:]

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Local Knowledge check 18: 16+2 )

 

"Procan watches over those who respect his domain and I can tell that you know the moods of our Storm Lord," Yarrin says with a smile while moving over to Arwin. "I know you wouldn't be wearing that armor and wading in His depths if you thought to cross Him."

 

"Now hold still a bit, girl," as Yarrin grimices looking over the wounds. "You haven't been playing well with others. Let's see what I can do with you. The best thing would be to get to somewhere other than here so I can get these cleaned and dressed and rest up a bit so I can do a bit of proper healing Procan willing."

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Arr..I've 'ad worse.", Arwin lies, almost biting her tongue as she speaks. "I try not to get on the outs with the good gods.. but.. "

 

Arwin winces as Yarrin continues his examination of her wounds, suspecting the subject of religion might be best left to the priestly one.

 

"... but ..... have ye ever been to ther Plucked Parrot an' tasted fried squid?", she says with a forced smile. She pauses a moment and hopes the previous subject concerning her lack of churchly training is safely in the past.

 

"I fink I remember Kavik sayin' he knew a safe place like ye say."

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Heleger has 17 HP left)

 

"Well, Ah can't say as Ah wood injooy swimmin' oot o' here, soo mebbe we oota goo throo this set o' doors," the dwarf says. "After we've rested oop a bit, o'coorse. Ah feel fine, boot Anny looks a little roof, an' mah hoongry's wantin' soom bread."

 

He then opens up his pack, and gets out a half loaf of hard bread and some cheese, sits down, cuts a hunk off each with his dagger, and begins to eat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, near as I can tell, you seem to've taken care of all the critters down here that I'm aware of. I can't guarantee it's totally safe, but I think any room now is as good as another for the time being. Maybe we can fortify one of the side rooms a bit and hole up for some extended rest before we go any further. I might be able to follow one of the tunnels out and get us some fresh food too, if you don't mind the ocean's bounty."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tolan, recovering from the exertion of the battle (I don't think he took any hits, but that amount of channeling HAS to drain someone a little bit...hehe), listens to the conversation. He says nothing, but sits down and munches on some stale crackers he has in one of his pockets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The party after sitting & resting for an hour or so, decides that it's best to find somewhere secure to hole up. There is small room the Kavik stayed in intially, but the room only being 15 by 15 foot room makes the rest cramp, so scouting elsewhere, Kavik leads the party through the tunnels & rooms, all with the same properties as the initial room & tunnel, wet & slimy from the humidty. Doors encounters are similar to the one that Heleger broke down, soggy & the wood swollen, that's if the doors are still standing, most have fallen off their hinges from the expansion or just rotted away. The eastern tunnels & rooms look to be barracks, storage & meeting rooms, that were used by smugglers. There is nothing valuable to be found any of the rooms, there are barrels of dark liquid, it looks like water, but your not exactly sure.

 

In one of the rooms you do find a chest with some flint & steel & some torches, but no food stuff, not even dry rations. After searching the furthest east water filled room (nothing was in that room). You've come to the double doors that are swollen shut. There is no keyhole, but a pair of door rings that would pull the door out if they weren't swollen.

 

All the time you've been searching, there have been no signs of further undead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As the party wanders through the various rooms and corridors, Anny further confesses to Tolan.

 

"R'member when I told ye I weren't sure if these was ther tunnels I knew, an' how I told ye this island was fulla tunnels? Well the real truth is I told ye all a whale-tale. I ain't ever even stepped foot on Parrot Island til terday. If I'd known wot I knows now, we'd all be back at the 'Shore tyin' a drunk on."

 

At whatever point the party comes across the barrels of dark liquid, Anny recalls an old smugglers' trick and decides to further investigate. She looks around the room hoping to find a stick or other such implement that can be used to see if anything is hidden beneath the water in the barrels, assuming the barrels have no barrel-heads on.

 

"Some's been known ter 'ide gold or gems inna barrel o' pickle brine where th' tax-man an' other sorts o' crooks don't find 'em."

 

Once the group finds a resting spot, Anny distributes the 2 1/2 days worth of remaining rations from her pack to be shared among the others.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(DM--Is the party resting in one of the room (besides the double door room, as it's jammed shut)??)

Anny

 

As you test the barrel, you find there is nothing but a bare bottom to the barrel. As you pull the stick from the liquid, you see it's wet, & stained as it soaks in the liquid. There is a smell to the soaked wood now, like vinegar.

 

DM--How long will the party rest for?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...