Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone that has entered the water makes it & also avoids slipping on the shallow areas which in turn might have caused them to brush into or against the sea urchins in the water. Anny you are swimming & suddenly it drops causing your head to go under but due to the rope, you emerge from the water without any damage, other then the sting of sea salt in your eyes & throat.

 

 

Heleger you are the only one left that hasn't entered the water.

 

Kavik, there are no further hazzards in the water, other then what the party has encountered. As you go deeper into the passageway, the smell of whats behind the door starts to get stronger, like rotting meat left out in 110 degree heat. Anther thing you notice is the sound of the surf inside the main cave is stronger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger waits until the last minute, giving everyone else a chance to benefit from the steady rope, before chancing the water. Ah'm goonna regret this, is all that goes through his mind as he enters the stagnant pool.

 

 

Swim 18

Swim 11

Balance 8

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger

 

After seeing everyone dive into the water & swim a few feet out into it. You step into the water & then dive in. You swim a few feet into the tunnels, where the the water isn't as deep & are able to step onto semi-dry ground. As you plant your feet, your heel catches some slippery moss, causing you fall backwards into the spiney sea urchins, even with being tide to the rope. One stabs your hand as you fall back for 2 pts & you must make a Fortitude save as you start to feel a bit nausteated as you pull your hand away from the spine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kavik

 

You spot & hear, nothing out of the ordinary. Also, you know the passageway to the bay is long & would require a expert swimmer to navigate the tunnel. It would also require a person to hold their breath quite a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this isned 't too bad, Heleger thinks as he first parts the water. When his feet betray him, however, he begins to sputter and curse, followed by retching as the nausea sets in.

 

 

Fortitude Save 20

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger

 

There is just a bit of fluid in your mouth, which you spit into the water. You suffer no ill effects from the sea urchin's spines. You are able to swim up to the rest of the group.

 

As the rest of the party gets near Kavik, you all smell the rotten meat coming from the darkened hallway to the West.

 

RM

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Arwin rubs her eyes and then blows her nose violently in an attempt to stop the sting of the salt water.

 

"Ya know wot I fink?" she says to Kavik. "Some of us ain't so good at swimmin' as others of us. Praps since ye know this way best, ye could swim out, then find yer way back to the door yonder we came in by." Arwin points back eastward.

 

"I'm sure I remember the way we came from the shore...... since I know this island like the back o' me right 'and." She says the latter part with a shrug and sheepish grin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kavik grins at the half orc's jest, expecting her cartography skills to be on par with her swimming.

 

"I think that is an option, but I don't know how long it would take me to back track and find your entrance, and once I am there, I do not know if I could bypass whatever lock has prevented you from making that route your exit. I think we are going to need to explore that wretched smelling doorway and what lies beyond."

Link to post
Share on other sites

"If everyone's in agreement, let's get you guys onto some drier land."

 

Kavik starts swimming down the southern passage, rope trailing behind, and wades onto the drier land, using his everburning torch as a guide for his comrades.

 

Swim check: 12 + taking 10 to avoid any hazards = 22.

Balance: 3 + 8 = 11.

Edited by Qwyksilver
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...