Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


Recommended Posts

Zaak

 

the little girl waits for it seems like an eternity, then her body slumps down, & she bows her head & walks slowly over the bridge & out of sight. As you can tell from the sun's position, the night is approaching, but you don't think you'll be late even with this delay, as your about halfway from the jewler's shop to the Vanderboren Manor.

 

You wait a few more minutes just to be safe & emerge from your hiding/observation spot & head over the bridge, you see no signs of the little girl, so you must have lost her. You make your way down Star Street & come up to the channelway that seperates this isle from the one Vanderboren Manor resides on & you look across the way, the white walls of the outerwall + the massive building dwarfing most building in the area are a sight to see.

 

You turn southeast on Red Skink Lane & across a bridge & then make your way Northwest up Blue Skink lane, next to the waterway, until you come upon the southern outer wall, as you turn towards the gate, you hear a conversation between 2 people, upon seein the people you see a rustic looking human & a familiar human....

 

 

Gil

 

As you pop your head into the room, you get a quick glance at the surroundings the doorlight gives you, it appears to be a 15 by 10 feet room, to the north were some cages, probably where the sound & reek of dogs comes from. Thou as you start to turn your sensative ears pick up a "ehhh??" coming from the cages, a male voice from the low tone & you shut the door quickly. You run away from the door & hide in a nearby bush only a few feet away, as soon as you get behind the bush & duck to the ground, the door quickly opens, the same man that accompanied, Kora earlier is standing with a dirty apron & it appears to be a bloody bone in his hand. "Hmmm must have been the wind, gotta remember to latch this door when I go outside." he says while scratchin his scruffy chin. "Oh well, no harm done I guess", as he steps back inside, you hear a "CLICK" as the door shuts.

 

 

Tolan

 

As you past the two at the gate & enter the grounds of the Manor & approach the door, you come upon the carved crest in the 2 massive oak doors, on one door there appears to be a ringed knocker, you catch your breath & bang the ring to the door, a few minutes later, the door swings open & the same old gnome is at the door "Ahhh, glad to see you could make it, please follow me." she says "Is there anyone else?" she looks around but doesn't see anyone or anything. She leads you into a enormous great hall with marble stonework throughout, it's smooth & white. Two oak stairwells with burnished brass railings scend to the an open first floor landing. Tapestries depicitng a beautiful & savage frontier of sprawling jungle landscapes & an eearie shoreline hang from the upper landing. A glass chandelier hangs from the atriums's ceiling, even with light still outside, the candles are lit.

 

"Please wait here, while I infrom my Lady, that you are here", with that she turns with grace & dissapears into a northern door.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the gnome is gone, Tolan has a quick look around the room to check out his surroundings. He maintains a wary posture and almost looks like a trapped rabbit, ready to run at the smallest startlement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking around Zaak decides to chance the encounter and walk up to the 2 talking humans. He interjects into the conversation, "Is this the Vanderboren house?" With that being said Zaak thinks to himself, "Hmmmmm I know this face........." He also says, "Hows the shoulder?"

 

[Zaak will be on the lookout for any acts of aggression against him Spot = 3 + mod(6)= 9]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta glances at this newcomer. Something familiar about him, and his voice...

 

"Shoulder's fine, mate. Why da ya ask?" he questions the new man.

 

He gives Yarrin a glance and a what's up with this guy look. He shrugs (with both shoulders) on purpose, then turns back to Zaak, raising an eyebrow.

 

"Who might you be?" he asks the elf.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearing the question, "Shoulder's fine, mate. Why da ya ask?" Zaak has a suspicion he knows this human. However to go along with charade he says, "Ohhhh I musta gotten you confused with another gentleman I ran into earlier this afternoon jewelry shopping."

 

Zaak is looking at the human to see if he can discern any expression to confirm his suspicion.

 

"Anyway fellas I was wondering if this is the Vanderboren house? A little gnome has asked to to join in a dinner this evening and was hoping this was the establishment. Sure do hope this is the right place, would hate to think I got my streets confused."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta blinks, trying to keep his eyes from twitching. He cocks his head sideways and shakes his head.

 

"Nah, mate. I've been with too many wimmin's to be shoppin' for da ladies, yeah?" he says with a chuckle, hopping to change the subject. To himself, he curses, not only that this man probably knew him but that he also remembered he left his ruby at the shop. He'll be needing to pay a visit there again sometime in the future... When things blow over...

 

"So yeah, Vanderboren. I'm sure this is it. Big white house, real nice place. Is it time yet?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

When Zaak hears, "So yeah, Vanderboren. I'm sure this is it. Big white house, real nice place. Is it time yet?" he wonder to himself, "Hmmmm he sure does look like the guy from the jewelry shop. Interesting that both humans here as well as I have appointments to keep with Vanderboren."

 

Zaak looks to the humans, "Ahhh I see you two must have invites as well. You have any ideas on why we were called here tonight?"

 

[Zaak will be paying attention to the human that looks mighty familiar to him for the rest of evening for justifications of his intuitions. However he will be doing it subtlety.]

 

At the end with out letting anyone else interject he says to the group, "Might as well make our way to the house to see why we were called...."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling a bit annoyed with this overly curious elf, Vieta stares him up and down. There was no doubt in his mind who this elf was, for he had seen him talking to the guards during the scuffle. He scoffs and turns away, seeing another already entering the manor.

 

Must be time to go...

 

He shrugs, then turns to the door, heading for the manor and knocking on the door.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing the stare Zaak thinks to himself, "I knew it........ Now is he friend or foe........ And should I tell him the shopkeeper made it thought the situation in good shape......."

 

Zaak turns and follows both humans to the door.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gil

(actually your earlier then everyone so your parts happen before anyone else, ie you arrive at the door before everyone else does, other then that everything is normal)

 

You pick yourself off the ground, check around to see if anything else is out of place, nothing, so you brush yourself off, make yourself presentable & head for the door. As you get to the door you realize the knocker is placed at medium race height, but as you scan the door you see the Vanderborens accommodate all races & have provided one at a lower height for small races as well. You lift the bar & smack the door, few minutes later the door opens "Ahh Master Gihurst, glad to see you could attend, please come in." Kora the gnome says as she opens the door, she leads you into the atrium of the place (described above).

 

"My lady is attending other business right now, so please come with me." she gestured to you to a northern door in front of one of the staircases , as she opens a door she says "Please wait in here, it shouldn't be too long, the business she has is running a little bit longer then she intended, sorry for the inconvenience." "Please care to read a book or get to know each other in the meantime." As you take in the room, a library with rows & rows of books, a fireplace is in the north wall, thou not lit, there is a reading table & a stuffed chair, with a half-elf in it reading a book. She closes the door behind her.

 

Tolan

As you start to look around Kora comes back, "Sir?" "Please excuse me but my lady will be a bit longer then what was stated on the invitation she is close to finishing up some other business she has right now, it is just running a bit longer then she thought it would." "Would you please follow me". She leads you into the library as Gil, as she opens the door, "Please feel free to read a book or to mingle with the other guests." "Again sorry for the inconvenience if any". As you walk into the room you see a gnome & a half-elf in the room. She closes the door.

 

Vinny, Yarrin & Zaak

 

As you guys are standing outside the wall either judging each others movements or motivation, Vieta as you are approaching the manor the main doors of the manor open up & a familiar female gnome looks around, she is about to shut the door when she sees you & the others. "Ahhh good you are all here, please come in!!!" She has a wide smile on face as she gestures you all into the manor.

 

As you all get into the manor she shuts the door behind you, you are all in the atrium (again described above). "My lady is running a bit behind in some other business, so please will you follow me into the library" As she turns toward the library door, a tall gruff human with a full beard & his long hair pull back into a ponytail, wearing a bloody apron, appears from the southern part of the atrium. "Eh, oh I thought I heard you talkin to someone, Kora." "Welcome to Vanderboren Manor, I'm Jared Chancelor, an old friend of the family" he says, "sorry for the messy appearance, I just got done feeding the dogs & haven't had time to wash up." he wipes his hands on the apron & extends his hand in a gesture of friendship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reaching out his hand Zaak shakes Jared Chanceloraak hand and says, "Well met Jared, I'm Zaak." [While shaking Jareds hand Zaak looks for anything that might look familiar to him [maybe a ring with a mullet of four points of wavy sable].

 

Zaak thinks to himself, 'Almost forgot about the situation at hand due to the human. More important things need to be tended to instead. I can discern what the human is about at a later time.'

 

Zaak turns and looks to the 2 humans in the atrium as well and offers a hand of greeting as well as announcing to them, "Zaak Moonshadow ---- well met......"

 

[When shaking hands he deliberately shakes the recognizable humans' hand longer, squeezing a little harder then the others, and giving that human a quick wink.] :poke:

Link to post
Share on other sites

As he enters the Library, Tolan eyes the current occupants warily. He looks around, takes a book at random from the shelves and seats himself a little apart from the others in the room. He begins to read, not taking too much note of the text, merely using it as an excuse to observe the other occupants. If either of them appear approachable, Tolan introduces himself and apologises for his state of atire, remarking that it is merely the wear and tear of a hard day's work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vieta is meanwhile busy looking around, admiring the house interior as if a coinasseur of fancy furniture (actually trying to determine how valuable some of this stuff might be).

 

He keeps his eyes open for small trinkets, vases, or silverware that might be displayed as he casually paces around the atrium, hands in his pockets. Nonetheless, he keeps an interested and admiring gesture, for decency's sake.

 

When the man enters, in his bloody apron, Vieta gives a slight raised eyebrow.

 

"Ya got a lil' stain there, mate..." he says with a light grin, giving the man a nod rather than a handshake.

 

I ain't touchin' that...

 

When Zaak approaches him, he also gives a nod (I ain't touchin' that either...) as well, hands still in his pocket (his carrying sack slung by his side lik a dangling pouch), and still pacing around.

 

"Nice to meet cha." he says with his back to the group, going back to looking at the furniture, this time, up at the chandelier.

"Name's Vieta."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...