Jump to content

A Tide arrises......


Recommended Posts

Upon opening the first chest, Arwin decides to let the others begin looting the enormous pile while she goes to work on the next chest. This time she works much more slowly in an attempt to not destroy the lock.

 

"Ye best leave some for me if ye know what's good fer ye.", she warns the others, tossing her empty sack in the general direction of the opened chest.

 

Disable Device (20 +3 +2) 25 - Opening locks and "taking 20"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yarrin

 

seeing he has nothing to do right now goes about helping sorts the massive amount of coins in the chest, grouping them into their respective piles.

 

After counting & re-counting the coins, Yarrin & anyone else that helps comes up with the following numbers:

 

7,500 copper pieces

1,500 silver pieces

 

Anny

 

Taking your time pays off as you here a sharp click, as the padlock moves off the bar. Unlatching the lock from the chest you open the chest to find the following:

 

A dozen bags, 10 of which contain multiple gold coins in each. The remaining two each contain a small handful of assorted gems.

 

Heleger

 

Seeing the gems , he goes to work trying to judge how much each are worth.

 

"Well I may be off but I believe these little beauties are probably gonna bring us about 250 gold coins total. Pretty damn nice if you ask me, epically for what we had to go through down here." he says after pouring the handfuls back into the pouches.

 

Yarrin starts to count the coins & after a bit he says "100 in each bag. Our dead smuggler-friends must have divided up these before putting them in here."

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Leave the coppers fer last. Take all the gold an' gems we can carry first.", Arwin says almost nonchalantly as she goes to work on the third lock, again taking time.

 

Disable Device (20 +3 +2) 25 - Opening locks and "taking 20"

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Tha's a smart girl," Heleger says to Arwin. "Ah was joost aboot ta soogjest tha' same thing." The dwarf busies himself with putting the sacks of gems in his pack before loading gold coins in one of his two empty sacks. "An' doon' woorry aboot oos leavin' ya soom. We'll split it even when we get back ta Lady Lavinia's place."

 

To Yarrin he says, "Yer proobably right, lad, an' tha's what makes this all tha moor rewardin'. Takin' froom thieves!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anny

 

again, patience pays off for you. The lock click & you unlatch the lock, ever so slight jostling the chest as you remove the lock. With that you hear a clink of glass upon glass & upon opening the chest You find:

 

The third chest contains small bottles of liquid & they are marked, thou the writing is faded due to time & such, but you find the following:

 

3 potions of cure light wounds

potion of lesser restoration

potion of invisibility

potion of barkskin +3

potion of cure serious wounds

an elixir of Swimming ::D:

 

Also you find the following items:

 

a short metal shaft. It is topped with a tiny metal shield

a small jade coffer

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Potions!", Arwin exclaims after a brief moment of fearing she had maybe broken something while opening the box. She looks over the labels, though some are faded. "There's cures an' invisible..an'.... bearskin?.... barskin? ....OH, BARKskin!"

 

She holds up the small metal shaft tipped with shield and says, "some kinda wand, I say. Maybe fer magical pertection?... an' wot's this?". She holds up the small jade coffer for the others to see. "Must be right dear fer somebody to lock it up in 'ere." Already she examining the little box to see how it opens and if it seems to have anything inside. Her curiosity is killing her, but she waits for one of the others to have a look before she tampers with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anny

 

seeing that no one else takes the iniative on opening the box, you left the lid ever so gentle. Inside you see a brown colored gem (almost looks like dirt) resting on a tiny velvet cushion. You see a small rolled up note sticking out from under the cushion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kavik produces 3 sacks and a winter blanket from his backpack and tosses them towards the chests.

 

"If we're in Shadowshore, we need to make sure these bags are stuffed tight so nothing clinks, and we shouldn't carry much of anything in the open or we might invite unwanted attention. We should take whatever we can carry in our backpacks or roll into our blankets."

 

Kavik lays his blanket out, folds it over so it can be rolled and places a layer of coins rolls it, adds another layer of coins, rolls it further, adds coins until it is full rolled up tight. Tying it tight he reattaches it to his backpack.

 

"See, looks just like a bedsack."

 

"I'm going to go check on Tolan, make sure he is okay, and see if he has anything useful to help carry this stuff out. What I wouldn't give for one of those magic rucksacks."

 

Kavik leaves everything in the small chamber with the chests except his handaxe, which remains clipped to his belt, as he crawls back up the hallway to the shrine. "Be right back." Nodding at his equipment. "I don't want to get too tied down if I have to quick move down that little hallway in case something bad has happened to Tolan."

 

Kavik listens carefully at the doorway.

 

If there does not appear to be any traffic in the room, Kavik will fill Tolan in on what was found and see if he has any additional sacks or bags to help transport the loot before returning to the group.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Arwin sits down cross-legged on the floor and places the box in front of her so she won't drop it. Then she removes the rolled up slip of paper, unrolls it, and tries to read it silently to herself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heleger finishes filling the remainder of his pockets and dulling the clink with wadded rags. He looks over at Arwin sitting on the floor with the paper in her hand. "What ya goot there, lass? Soom kinda letter?" he asks as he makes his way over to stand behind her. he bends down and begins to read over her shoulder.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...